Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
Segment 90 was last night on AS715. Miles are only 45,302.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
Segment 90 was last night on AS715. Miles are only 45,302.
I salute you and all road warriors who earn status by segments. ^
bbinchi likes this.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 1:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
I flew 100 segments in a year exactly once in my life.

Most of the trips were connections at DEN. It was a perfectly fine place to connect and I encountered surprisingly few disruptions, but it was still exhausting. I'm glad I was in my early 30s then, and I wouldn't want to do it again.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 1:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mrapollinax
I just passed the re-qual for MVP Gold this past week. The last few years with AS has been great but based on the partner changes and my flying patterns I will not be able to re-qual next year. I hope to see AS expand into the mid-west/MSP market with more flights as I think they have a great product and service.
Pretty much same here: today's flight will push me over 50K for gold, but a fair amount was DL and AA transcontinental. Next year without them it doesn't look worth it to scramble specifically for AS status.

​​​​
Old Dec 8, 2017, 9:51 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, IHG Spire Elite, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Hertz President's Circle, HH Silver
With PDX-DCA-SEA-PDX this week I hit 40,134 AS miles and made gold for the first time since 2005. 43 segments.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:41 pm

Programs: AS,Hilton, Marriott, BW
After several years reaching MVPG, hit 75k for the first time last week. Curious to see if all the extra flying was worth it.
rcarovano likes this.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 12:56 pm

A longtime MVP, I reached MVPG yesterday somewhere over Salem OR on final leg of an extremely easy PDX/SFO/PHL/SFO/PDX flight on VX in MCS. 2 F seats in VX empty on PHL-SFO.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 1:02 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by crenshaw
Just received an e-mail entitled "An update to your Mileage Plan™ account" -- I thought that was an odd way of just sending out a statement, but I noticed it said:

MVP Gold 75K status in 2017 [OK I knew that...]
You've reached MVP Gold 75K status for 2018 [Wait? what?]

Alaska miles 74,817 miles traveled
Alaska + partners 86,074 miles traveled
Segments flown 35 segments traveled

I already have a trip planned next week, so it's not a big deal, but thought it was weird they put me over the line with 183 miles left to go...
(Haven't received the 50K or GGU passes yet....)
you don’t receive any extra GGUs for 75K I thought ?
Old Dec 10, 2017, 9:38 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
Originally Posted by Mauibaby2008

you don’t receive any extra GGUs for 75K I thought ?
I'm sure I will ....eventually. I'm still 183 miles short (even though the e-mail seems to indicate they'll throw me over). When my flight on Tuesday posts, I'll be "really" eligible for the GGUs and 50K redeemable miles.
Old Dec 10, 2017, 10:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K
flew SEA-BOS-SEA yesterday and I pretty much qualified for 75k somewhere over Montana on the flight back. It's my first time ever being 75k. I'm gonna make a solid effort to see if the extra expense to get to 75k is really worth it when compared to Gold.
rcarovano likes this.

Last edited by atcanobbio; Dec 11, 2017 at 4:00 pm
Old Dec 11, 2017, 10:52 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold
I flew SEA-BOS-SEA Dec. 9-10 and, once the miles are posted, I'll have earned MVP Gold for 2018 with 278 miles to spare. I'm pretty proud of being able to earn it three years in a row considering I don't fly for work at all.

Side note: On AS15 BOS-SEA last night, one of the Flight Attendants included in her "Welcome to Seattle..." announcement congratulations to all of the Mileage Plan members who had met their mileage goals. There were a number of us mileage runners on the flight.

Last edited by bbinchi; Dec 13, 2017 at 12:14 am
Old Dec 11, 2017, 1:30 pm

So I was granted MVP status this year as part of a status match to AA Gold (which i earned as part of a status challenge).
I started a new job as a management consultant in Los Angeles and travel every week to the bay area. I also make a trip every other weekend back to my home in Denver.

Anyway, I now fly exclusively on VX and have never actually flown on AS. I have received a MCS upgrade on nearly every flight since i started flying VX exclusively in October (prior to that I was flying UA DEN-SFO and B6 OAK-LGB).

I have enjoyed MVP status so much and was going to just barely miss qualification for 2018. I decided to book a $270rt Mileage Run from LAX to BOS. Left Saturday morning at 8am and returned same day at 10pm. Once that flight posts to my account i will have MVP for 2018
drewcwsj likes this.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 5:56 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
I've been at 25K AS since September and will end there. Sorry to drop to MVP for next year but I didn't see any good way to get back to MVPG. Overall I'll end up just short of 100 segments for the year, but the bulk of that was HA interisland, with the remainder mostly split between AS and UA.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
IHG Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by WrightHI
I've been at 25K AS since September and will end there. Sorry to drop to MVP for next year but I didn't see any good way to get back to MVPG. Overall I'll end up just short of 100 segments for the year, but the bulk of that was HA interisland, with the remainder mostly split between AS and UA.
Now if QX were to fill in for WP

Originally Posted by bbinchi
I flew SEA-BOS-SEA Dec. 9-10 and, once the miles are posted, I'll have earned MVP Gold for 2018 with 260 miles to spare. I'm pretty proud of being able to earn it three years in a row considering I don't fly for work at all.

Side note: On AS15 BOS-SEA last night, one of the Flight Attendants included in her "Welcome to Seattle..." announcement congratulations to all of the Mileage Plan members who had met their mileage goals. There were a number of us mileage runners on the flight.
Sounds like next year you might need to shoot for 75K Wonder how may pax the FA's recognized from the day before.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 11:06 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, AS Lounge
I requalified for MVPG last week and was pleased to see that my 4 new GGU certs appeared in my account at the same time as my qualifying flight. My husband's MVPG qualifying flight just appeared today with an 11 mile margin.
bbinchi likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.