Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2017, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewcwsj
How long should an AS flight take to post to mileage plan? I flew my last flight to get to MVPG on Friday and it still hasn't posted to my account as of Wednesday at 1644.

I fly SJC-PDX tomorrow and would like to have a better shot at an upgrade.

I had a similar situation with a few VX flights. They would have put me at MVPG prior to a paid J to Europe on AA. I wanted to make sure I got the MVPG Elite Bonus RDM instead of the MVP. I called Customer Care and explained the situation. She happily added the miles on the spot which put me into MVPG. I received my 4 GGU's immediately. When the miles for the flights finally posted through they simply debited my account for the ones that were manually added. I would call them to see if they can do the same as you. Make sure you ask them to apply the MVPG to the existing reservation. Not only will you have a better chance of an upgrade you will also receive 100% Elite Bonus instead of 50% with MVP.

Cheers

James
Old Aug 3, 2017, 6:47 am

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Called this morning to add my new mvpg status to my reservation for today. I was told it takes 5 days for the new status to reflect on existing reservations. So I'm on the upgrade list as an MVP not MVPG. Three seats open in F and I'm stuck in a middle seat in PE.
Old Aug 3, 2017, 9:24 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by drewcwsj
Called this morning to add my new mvpg status to my reservation for today. I was told it takes 5 days for the new status to reflect on existing reservations. So I'm on the upgrade list as an MVP not MVPG. Three seats open in F and I'm stuck in a middle seat in PE.
Well at least you will get 100% bonus RDM on your flight today. I did a four segment run last year to get to MVPG and was upgraded on three of the four as MVP. In one case I was already in my PE seat and the agent came on board and asked if I would move up. She left for or a minute and returned with my new boarding pass.

In my case when they manually posted for me my new ststus and 4 GGU's were in my account before the conversation was finished and my online profile reflected my new status level. A congratulations email arrived shortly afterwards. It is my understanding that if they remove your FF# from an existing reservation and then re-enter it the new status should take effect immediately on that itinerary so that was my approach when dealing with reservations close in. Hope it was a good flight.

Cheers
Old Aug 5, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: Alaska,National
YTD AS miles 37373 and 34 segs. Have PDX-ABQ coming up to get me to Gold. 3 or 4 more after that to DFW, SAT,OKC, ATL. Dont know if that will get me to 75K, but close. Glad to be taking a break during the busy summer months. It's always crazy this time of the year.
Old Aug 5, 2017, 1:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am rather curious. Why are there reduced EQM requirements if all AS metal but not reduced segment requirements if all segments on AS. I am a segment flyer this year with 44 segments so far of which only 8 segments are on partners (AA).
Old Aug 5, 2017, 9:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Baze
I am rather curious. Why are there reduced EQM requirements if all AS metal but not reduced segment requirements if all segments on AS. I am a segment flyer this year with 44 segments so far of which only 8 segments are on partners (AA).
Probably since AS credits 1 segment as 1 segment. Even in paid F, it's 1 segment.

So it rewards those who go up and down a lot. There also may not be an easy way to differentiate segments by carrier (at least right now).
Old Aug 7, 2017, 3:28 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I just hit MVPG (I was a VX G who got matched to AS, conveniently happened when I moved from SFBA to Seattle...). 52k partner miles; I have about 8k in AS flights booked over the next couple months, and 20k in AS partners (DE, mostly), and about 5k waiting to credit from FI, and another 5k from my FI return in a week or two.

My goal is to travel much less in Nov/Dec, but if I need to hit 90k I'd consider a quick Transpac. (not sure if it's worth pushing to get 75K, but I'll do it)
Old Aug 7, 2017, 4:28 am

Hi -

It is worth it, especially if you fly international. the extra RDM you earn amounts to almost one free trip in Int'l J.

I am at 36K now, with another 31K booked. I will definitely find another 8K somewhere.

Last edited by Orwaid; Aug 7, 2017 at 4:34 am
Old Aug 18, 2017, 9:21 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
I renewed my 75k status a month ago and received new cards and baggage tag.
Strangely, the card says "MVP Gold" not "MVP Gold 75k". The accompanying documents and the luggage tag say MVP Gold 75k.
Has this happened to anyone else?
Old Aug 20, 2017, 4:14 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rdlmitedu
I just hit MVPG (I was a VX G who got matched to AS, conveniently happened when I moved from SFBA to Seattle...). 52k partner miles; I have about 8k in AS flights booked over the next couple months, and 20k in AS partners (DE, mostly), and about 5k waiting to credit from FI, and another 5k from my FI return in a week or two.

My goal is to travel much less in Nov/Dec, but if I need to hit 90k I'd consider a quick Transpac. (not sure if it's worth pushing to get 75K, but I'll do it)
Also, if you cross the 75K mark, you get 50,000 bonus miles.

Enjoy a 125% bonus on base miles earned with Alaska Airlines and our elite-qualifying airline partners and 50,000 bonus miles when you attain status.
Old Aug 20, 2017, 11:18 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Requalified for mvpg in June, GGU certs posted pretty quickly.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:23 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Hit MVP halfway to Boston this weekend. Now on to MVPG by Nov. Former DL flyer here that was converted by his wife. So nice to have status again.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 5:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Just hit 75K on the way to EWR this afternoon.
Old Aug 23, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: AS 75k
I crossed the MVP qualification all 3 ways on the same flight back in may - 20034 AS miles, 25323 AS+partner miles, on my 30th leg of the year.

MVPG will not occur on such a trifecta.

Originally Posted by beckoa
Probably since AS credits 1 segment as 1 segment. Even in paid F, it's 1 segment.

So it rewards those who go up and down a lot. There also may not be an easy way to differentiate segments by carrier (at least right now).
It'd also create some incentive to fly a bunch of really cheap routes to get status, similar to mileage runs on airlines that have mileage as their only requirement.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 11:59 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I have a couple of flights that I booked when I was a gold. In the past, you used to have to call and get removed and then re-added to the upgrade list. Is that still the case?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.