Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: AS MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
I qualified for MVP for the first time last night somewhere over Utah on MCO - PDX. I've only been flying Alaska since June, and 4 trans-con trips have helped me get status pretty darn quickly.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K
So close!!!!!

I fly to DCA on Nov7th, so I'll get it then, but was hoping for the extra love on that outbound leg. No hope for upgrade, but any little bit helps.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 3:44 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Rich Boykin
So close!!!!!

I fly to DCA on Nov7th, so I'll get it then, but was hoping for the extra love on that outbound leg. No hope for upgrade, but any little bit helps.
TH flew her 100,000th BIS mile for 2017 on Alaska last Friday (bwi-sea) and was 5/29 for 1 upgrade.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Just hit MVPG this morning with the mileage run. Gave my FA's Starbucks GCs as a celebration. Forgot how it's the simple things that can make their day.
Old Nov 2, 2017, 8:18 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rune87
Just hit MVPG this morning with the mileage run. Gave my FA's Starbucks GCs as a celebration. Forgot how it's the simple things that can make their day.

Nice touch! I will remember that for next year. I reached MVPG75K on SEA-PVR Flight 222 October 14th on "Spirit of Disneyland II". FA Amanda was amazing and hand wrote a small card for my "Happy 75K day!" and affixed an Alaska Airlines "Wings" pin. On the back was all the names of the crew.
Old Nov 7, 2017, 11:10 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Hit MVPG on Saturday's final SEA-COS flight. Now at 50,670 AS/Partner miles.

Lots of DL and AS flights in F helped; will miss that option next year.

Eager to see my status update on my account page (miles counter now shows miles to MVPG75K but my name still says "cblaisd MVP." Have several flights early next week that I'd like to be Gold for re upgrade chances
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:18 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Hit MVPG on Saturday's final SEA-COS flight. Now at 50,670 AS/Partner miles.

Lots of DL and AS flights in F helped; will miss that option next year.

Eager to see my status update on my account page (miles counter now shows miles to MVPG75K but my name still says "cblaisd MVP." Have several flights early next week that I'd like to be Gold for re upgrade chances
When the final Miles posted to my account in October for MVPG75K the status processed overnight. I received the GGU's and the 50K bonus too.

Congratulations.

James
Old Nov 8, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Thought I was going to easily make MVPG again in oct/nov, but a trip was cancelled and now it looks like I will requalify on Dec-29 by 34 miles...

Not sure how I feel about cutting it this close :/
Old Nov 8, 2017, 12:05 pm

Programs: AS - MVPG; DL - SM; Marriott, Hilton, SPG - Gold
Requalified for MVPG this past weekend after a SEA-OAK-SEA trip. No mileage runs needed.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 1:23 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Silver, Starwood Gold, Marriott Silver, HH Gold, Hyatt Platinum
MVP Gold (plus a few extra miles to spare) on Nov. 4th. Had to do a couple of Virgin America mileage runs but not sure I'm going to redo it in 2018 (for 2019). Upgrade successes have been getting worse (including MCS on Virgin) since Alaska became a more "California" based airline. I'd pay to upgrade at the gate but those have never been offered to me this whole year. Guess it's good for Alaska financials but bad for me.
Old Nov 8, 2017, 9:37 pm

Hi -

I will be G75 after a RT PDX-MSP 11/9-11/10. As I said in another thread, thank God for SkyWest and the E75 routes out of PDX. I have not had one meltdown on them. And I was able to avoid flying through SEA.
Old Nov 9, 2017, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by jrl767
just crossed the MVP threshold last night; I've already booked three TCONs and three SEA<-->LAX trips, so will have Gold before Thanksgiving
as predicted ... 40752 miles on 31 AS segments

realized last week what I probably should have done was to fly just enough DL early in the year to where I would hit the PM miles and spend requirements simultaneously next month (TPAC turn in J, coming home ICN-DTW on their farewell 747-400 flight) ... having those seven TCON RTs on AS would have easily put me at 75K by year-end
Old Nov 9, 2017, 1:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by Lywen86
I'm also will be qualifying for BAEC Silver by end of year, anyone has ever matched from BAEC/OW Sapphire to MVPG?
You're not going to get matched if you already have MVP status...
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:10 pm
vgc

I re qualified for Gold 75k yesterday with a flight from SFO to SEA. Gonna cancel the backup mileage runs I had booked for December!
Old Nov 9, 2017, 3:41 pm

Programs: AA PP, OZ *G, Hyatt Expl, Marriott Gold, Lots of Ex-statuses
~4-5K away from G75K. Gotta MR for it, just trying to figure out how/when

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.