Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2017, 12:21 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa
Sounds like next year you might need to shoot for 75K Wonder how may pax the FA's recognized from the day before.
Well, that would be great but not likely without business trips. Still, I'll keep it in mind.

And I bet there were quite a few mileage runners on Saturday (were you among them?) and there will be in the next 19 days.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:36 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, HA Plat
Now if QX were to fill in for WP .
Would be nice, but I'm afraid AS is too smart for that. Interisland is a good business for one carrier but marginal at best for a second major player.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 100K, Avis Presidents Club, Life Member VFW Post 10029
OTZ - ANC - FAI on December 7th made MVPG for 2018. Intra-state Alaska flights take a while to add up
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bbinchi
Well, that would be great but not likely without business trips. Still, I'll keep it in mind.

And I bet there were quite a few mileage runners on Saturday (were you among them?) and there will be in the next 19 days.
Negative. First month without travel in nearly 2 years. I requaled back in the summer

Originally Posted by WrightHI
Would be nice, but I'm afraid AS is too smart for that. Interisland is a good business for one carrier but marginal at best for a second major player.
Agree... have seen a handful of carriers disappear on the intra-Island routes over the years.

Originally Posted by Crazy Dave
OTZ - ANC - FAI on December 7th made MVPG for 2018. Intra-state Alaska flights take a while to add up
Indeed. Congrats ^
Old Dec 12, 2017, 2:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Will finish 2017 with 95,000 partner miles. My first year hitting 75K.. 100% leisure travel too the seat map is completely open in F so I doubt it really matters - but my upcoming DAL LGA flight was booked when I was Gold. Should I call and remove / re add my elite number now to make sure I get the upgrade ?

Old Dec 12, 2017, 3:17 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
Made 75K for the last time with 75,446 miles. No beef with Alaska; I just had to travel a lot for 2016 and the first half of 2017, and that's over now.
I had to fly from NYC to Austin via SEA and back via PDX to hit 75K. Worth the effort for the 50k RDM bonus alone, not to mention the Mod Pizza at PDX. (I love NYC pizza, but Mod Pizza is its own thing and eminently worthwhile.)
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:02 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Been gold for last 10 years - always the hard way, segments. Lots and lots of short flights.

I hit the 75k Gold threshold a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason only half of my trip has posted. First half of the trip posted within 2 days of my trip ending.... but for some reason the second half hasn’t posted. So as of now, my profile still shows me as 438 miles short.

I hit 90 sets and 90k on the same flight.
It’s been a very busy travel year.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 8:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Tankerman
Been gold for last 10 years - always the hard way, segments. Lots and lots of short flights.

I hit the 75k Gold threshold a couple of weeks ago, but for some reason only half of my trip has posted. First half of the trip posted within 2 days of my trip ending.... but for some reason the second half hasn’t posted. So as of now, my profile still shows me as 438 miles short.

I hit 90 sets and 90k on the same flight.
It’s been a very busy travel year.
Welcome to Flyertalk and Congrats ^

Looks like an update is pending in your FT profile.
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by MeanwhileBackAtFAI
Crazy amount of segments!
I got to 75K about half way through the year on partner miles only.

As much as I enjoyed 2017, I logged 114 nights at hotels and what to me seemed a lot of flying too, but only 36 segments, earning about 450k award miles total. Was fun, but honestly, I am getting too old for that ..... Looking forward to spending fewer nights at hotels in 2018.
450k miles with hotel stays? I’ve been playing this game wrong. Would love to learn your tricks
Old Dec 12, 2017, 9:02 pm

Welcome to Flyertalk and Congrats ^

Looks like an update is pending in your FT profile.
Thank you.

Been lurking a long time, finally decided to get a FT account.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 1:42 am

Programs: AS MVPG, LH, Marriott Titanium, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by Tankerman
450k miles with hotel stays? I’ve been playing this game wrong. Would love to learn your tricks
I worded that ambigiously.

Here are my AS stats (after withdrawing 110k on 2x Y and 1x F award), with one more DUB-LHR-SFO RT in J on BA to go this year:

So I will finish the year with roughly 464k AS award miles earned (and 110k of those spent) primarily by flying BA in J which offers a 50% booking class bonus and a 100% additional bonus to award miles.

The hotel stays resulted in Marriott/SPG reward points.

Still, I am looking forward to less travel in 2018 and I'll be fine not renewing MVPG 75K for 2019, I'll still get to MVPG regardless. The status is great for racking up AS award miles, but for international travel it's not that useful (though one can get into BA Lounges in SFO, SEA, and LHR with it) as opposed to say OneWorld Emerald.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
The VX flights from 8 and 9 days ago finally posted. 90,495 with a bit over 25K on AS. And That's All For 2017, Folks! (except a WN segment and award travel)
Old Dec 13, 2017, 10:03 am

Originally Posted by MeanwhileBackAtFAI
The status is great for racking up AS award miles, but for international travel it's not that useful (though one can get into BA Lounges in SFO, SEA, and LHR with it) as opposed to say OneWorld Emerald.
I think AS is going to take a big hit this next year due to the worsening international flight situation and the continuing Horizon flight problems.

Business travelers are are going to start looking elsewhere.

Most of my travel is on US west coast, Alaska down to LA. I’m going to hang with AS a bit longer and hope they get their act together.

Tgey really need to get rid of the Bean Counter at the head of the company.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:37 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Barely squeezed in earning MVP Gold for a second year. I transferred positions at work, so I won't be flying much for business anymore
Old Dec 15, 2017, 12:36 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Gold, SPG, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Cerberos
Crossed the 75K (90 segments) threshold this past Tuesday on flight from San Jose, CA to Portland, OR (309). With the fallout between Delta and Alaska, I had to rely on segments this year in lieu of miles and took a few months longer. Next year I'll switch to a combination of Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific in lieu of Delta for my monthly Asia trips.
I now know what my totals for 2017 are going to look like. With two more round trips next week I'll be done for the year.

Final projected tally:
  • Alaska - 98 segments
  • Other airlines - 34 segments (including non-rev Alaska segments)
  • Total - 132 segments
Happy Holidays!

Last edited by Cerberos; Dec 22, 2017 at 4:37 pm Reason: Correct "Other airlines" flight count

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.