Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2019, 8:58 pm

Programs: I need to do better in managing my affiliations. Oops, I overshot the runway for status next year.
Smooth of all of you who qualified in the last days of 2018. Then your GGU's are issued in 2019 and don't expire until the end of 2020!
williwaw and DrAlex like this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 1:36 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
This was the latest I've ever qualified for 75K .... flew home from a trip on Saturday, Dec 29th, BIS miles for 2018: 75,298
Flight posted the following Wednesday (Jan 2nd).
Got the e-mail welcoming me to MVP Gold on Thursday morning
Got the e-mail welcoming me to MVP Gold 75K on Saturday morning.
Already nominated the wife for MVP (I know my place!!)
pcoll likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Even as an MVP you still should be on the upgrade list. I would call AS to ensure you are.

James
I did eventually get on the upgrade list. But I could not get an MVP Gold boarding pass no matter who I asked. Luckily the security line was relatively short at SFO last night.

I ended up calling AS Customer Care today because for the flight I took on 1/2 it gave me the MVP RQM bonus rather than MVP Gold. The agent had to do a manual adjustment to get it right. She told me that status changes can take up to 72 hours to make it through all systems. So even though by 8am on 1/4 the AS website said I was MVP Gold, I wasn't gold in the airport systems.

I'm flying again twice next week - let's see if my Gold status is properly noted.

Back to the point of this thread - finally officially Gold again on 1/4/18 from my qualifying flight on 1/31.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:24 am

Programs: MR AMB/LT, AA EP, TK EP, DL D, B6 M4, F9 100K, IHG AMB/D, HH D, CZR D, FndCd, Sixt D, NTL E, Hz PC
I qualified 75K based on a 29 DEC Condor flight. Had to email Alaska to get it credited, happened 1 day after I emailed them (whoever processes that stuff is world class.)
Old Jan 16, 2019, 2:37 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Aaaand 75K finally appeared. BA partner crediting is difficult, but the issue is clearly on BA's end, not AS. Flew in early November in the correct fare class to get the miles I needed, requested manual credit when they didn't appear. AS kept waiting for the partner desk at BA to respond, finally on call today manually credited status and will add miles once they hear back from them since no matter what I would have hit with the 500 EQM min. Once again, great work by AS even when partners are dropping the ball in the backroom.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:08 pm

Programs: United Premier Gold (Million Miler), Alaska MVP Gold 75K, Hilton Diamond Lifetime
Then received the "Welcome to 75K" mailer last week. (~Jan 15th)
Yesterday I received the "Welcome to Gold" mailer

Fortunately, the website still shows me as 75K, so I think their wonderful I.T. systems just had bit of a regurgitation.
Old Jan 23, 2019, 4:10 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by crenshaw
Then received the "Welcome to 75K" mailer last week. (~Jan 15th)
Yesterday I received the "Welcome to Gold" mailer

Fortunately, the website still shows me as 75K, so I think their wonderful I.T. systems just had bit of a regurgitation.
The first time I hit Gold, I got an MVP packet, followed by two Gold packets, so you're not alone!
crenshaw likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.