Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2018 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call ...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2017, 9:45 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Mrs. Fredd and I hit 75K in late October and will finish the year with a little over 100K status miles, about 28K on AS metal and the remainder on partners.

We status-matched from UA in 2014 and continue to be happy AS leisure flyers.
Old Nov 28, 2017, 12:16 pm

Programs: AS 75K, UA Plt
Just finished my last flight to 75k. Now waiting on the mileage to post. Did it this year with a 50/50 mix on AA/AS. Next year I don't see a path forward
Old Nov 28, 2017, 4:37 pm

I am 600 miles from MVPG for 2nd year in a row and before that was MVP for several years. I will hit MVPG on a early Dec flight to Vegas and finish the year with 44K after a late Dec EWR flight. All leisure travel. Long distance relationship helps. All on AS metal. Next year is last year before she moves to PDX and am planning to do a run or 2 to get to 75K for the first, and probably last time. I have enjoyed the perks of MVPG. I am a tall guy so choosing exit row on a transcontinental at booking time has been the most often used perk. The gold guest upgrades and the occasional EWR>PDX upgrade to 1st has been nice too.
Old Nov 29, 2017, 11:44 am

Programs: AS MVP 100K, UA PremEx-MM
Miles just posted for two AA flights last week: DFW-LAX put me over the top. Now at 90,847 for the year. The 50K bonus came immediately, too.

I feel mile-rich now with 477K in the bank. Might have to shop for some award travel.

Dilemma: I don't have a single revenue flight booked yet for 2018
Old Nov 30, 2017, 1:38 am

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kurt
Miles just posted for two AA flights last week: DFW-LAX put me over the top. Now at 90,847 for the year. The 50K bonus came immediately, too.

I feel mile-rich now with 477K in the bank. Might have to shop for some award travel.

Dilemma: I don't have a single revenue flight booked yet for 2018
Congratulations!

I haven't been on a flight since I reached MBPG75K in mid October. I am putting our miles to good use though. My partner and I are doing an 8 week trip around the world starting on January 3rd. All in F and J on awards. I do have, however, my first revenue trip booked for January 1st to reposition to SFO. 😉 lol
Kurt likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 9:31 am

requal'd for 75k on 11/19! will end the year with around 103,000 EQM.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 6:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan
Have been MVP for a couple of years but hit MVP Gold coming back from Missoula last night. Considering the majority of my flights are between Portland and Seattle, it’s been a busy year.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 9:57 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Hertz Pres. Circle, HHonors Gold, SPG, Global Entry
Crossed the 75K (90 segments) threshold this past Tuesday on flight from San Jose, CA to Portland, OR (309). With the fallout between Delta and Alaska, I had to rely on segments this year in lieu of miles and took a few months longer. Next year I'll switch to a combination of Japan Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Cathay Pacific in lieu of Delta for my monthly Asia trips.
Old Dec 3, 2017, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
I qualified for 75k based off both AS+VX threshold as of October and now also based off partner threshold at 91K EQM. Final flight of the year was revenue BOS-PEK-BOS on a HU 50% earning fare. If by segments only, i would have been 1 short for MVPG.

My one wish now that most partners have reduced earnings that the 90K threshold would just go away.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Just qualifed for MVP for the first time. In fact, just flew my first two AS segments using an AS MP# last week. (I'd been flying some AS in 2017 as an AA Gold.)

Path to status was (1) an EK R/T in J, (2) MCI-PDX in M, (3) PDX-MCI in P. 25,384 EQM. 48k total RDM, counting the 5k bonus and bonus miles from the EK flights.

Good timing too: I'll still have quite a bit of AS travel in 2018, including a family trip to Hawaii, and AA Gold would have been useless... Might even have an outside shot at MVPG depending on how many Portland trips I do.

Only weird thing: I got no email from AS about it. I mean, I didn't expect a balloon drop or confetti, but a "hey, welcome to MVP" email might've been nice...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
I requalified for MVP in September this year. I have 3 more flights planned before the end of the year but no chance of hitting MVPG. Most of my flights are short hops between PDX-SEA & PDX-GEG, so I definitely get there in segments first.

I think I will end the year with 43 segments, 24k Alaska EQMs and 26.5k partner EQMs
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:27 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Whowouldanewman
I requalified for MVP in September this year. I have 3 more flights planned before the end of the year but no chance of hitting MVPG. Most of my flights are short hops between PDX-SEA & PDX-GEG, so I definitely get there in segments first.

I think I will end the year with 43 segments, 24k Alaska EQMs and 26.5k partner EQMs
Is the 26.5K AS and partners? If that's in addition to the AS miles, that (50.5K) would be enough to make MVPG (50K AS + partners).
Old Dec 4, 2017, 10:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by WillTravel4Food
Is the 26.5K AS and partners? If that's in addition to the AS miles, that (50.5K) would be enough to make MVPG (50K AS + partners).
Guessing he meant just a couple flights on the partners. 26.5k total...
Old Dec 4, 2017, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by pinniped
Guessing he meant just a couple flights on the partners. 26.5k total...
Correct, just one partner flight this year.
Old Dec 4, 2017, 7:21 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, SPG Gold
Moved back to Seattle in June. New job doesn't require me to travel like the old job (two big thumbs up), but I just barely re-qualified as MVP this year. Got my last MVPG transcon battlefield upgrade this morning (JFK-SEA). I'll end the year with 21.1k, all Alaska on 11 segments.

I'm going to miss change/cancellation flexibility the most. I don't feel that bad though - Premium Economy kind of rubbed me the wrong way when it did away with my nearly-guaranteed row 6.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.