Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2013, 12:24 am

There are no requirements with using the companion pass other than you have to book it on AS's site.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
There are no requirements with using the companion pass other than you have to book it on AS's site.
Seemingly in practice, although the published requirement is that the AS Visa card holder from which the certificate was issued must either purchase the ticket or be one of the two people traveling on the certificate. It appears to be loosely enforced, however.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Is the 30K link still working for anyone? For me it says "We apologize for any inconvenience. The application you are requesting is currently unavailable."
Old Dec 8, 2013, 9:20 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
A few people have commented in this and the demise of the F ticket with the $99 companion fare forum about switching to an Amex Platinum card. However it seems VISA is making a big push for their new black card www.blackcard.com and tout that it gets double the airline rewards. On the site it does not explain it well but it does look interesting. Anyone have any insight on comparing the AS BA signature card vs. the Amex platinum and now Visa black ?
Old Dec 8, 2013, 10:07 pm

Originally Posted by Waitlisted
A few people have commented in this and the demise of the F ticket with the $99 companion fare forum about switching to an Amex Platinum card. However it seems VISA is making a big push for their new black card www.blackcard.com and tout that it gets double the airline rewards. On the site it does not explain it well but it does look interesting. Anyone have any insight on comparing the AS BA signature card vs. the Amex platinum and now Visa black ?
Are you cereal?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 10:56 am

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
I just received an invitation for an extra 25K bonus miles (25K+25K). It indicates "limited time" but doesn't seem to provide an actual cutoff date. I suppose it's a response to the targeted Delta Amex offer for 100K bonus miles. I'm not crazy about the $75 annual fee, but I'm going to seriously consider this card for the first time now.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by morerainplease
I just received an invitation for an extra 25K bonus miles (25K+25K). It indicates "limited time" but doesn't seem to provide an actual cutoff date. I suppose it's a response to the targeted Delta Amex offer for 100K bonus miles. I'm not crazy about the $75 annual fee, but I'm going to seriously consider this card for the first time now.
Did you happen to receive this invitation via email or snail mail? Did anybody else receive it? Wondering if it's targeted toward MP members who don't have the AS Visa Card.

morerainplease, was there a link or a specific number you were suppose to call? FWIW, that's a terrific deal and bonus sign up; I'd say you should definitely go for it. You won't be able to purchase 50k miles for $75. Big value, IMO.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:13 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, MVP Gold 75K, HH Gold
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Did you happen to receive this invitation via email or snail mail? Did anybody else receive it? Wondering if it's targeted toward MP members who don't have the AS Visa Card.

morerainplease, was there a link or a specific number you were suppose to call? FWIW, that's a terrific deal and bonus sign up; I'd say you should definitely go for it. You won't be able to purchase 50k miles for $75. Big value, IMO.
I received the invitation via email. The subject line is "Exclusive Western Washington Offer.." which is what made me think it's a response to the Delta Amex offer for Seattle flyers. I'm also G75K and have always wondered why I've never gotten a more aggressive offer for this card since I've never had it. But maybe that's not related in this case. At any rate, it's valid for new cardholders who've not applied in the last 12 months.

And I hear you about the point value here, which is why I'm considering it. Though I'm looking at the 25K point upside instead of the 50K total since I can get the initial 25K miles any time without an offer.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:21 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG-100K; HH-Diamond
I received the invitation via email. The subject line is "Exclusive Western Washington Offer.." which is what made me think it's a response to the Delta Amex offer for Seattle flyers. I'm also G75K and have always wondered why I've never gotten a more aggressive offer for this card since I've never had it. But maybe that's not related in this case. At any rate, it's valid for new cardholders who've not applied in the last 12 months.

And I hear you about the point value here, which is why I'm considering it. Though I'm looking at the 25K point upside instead of the 50K total since I can get the initial 25K miles any time without an offer.
I also received this offer as an email. I currently have an AK Visa but will apply for this today..I assume they sent me this offer because I am eligible. I'd be disappointed if they rejected me because I already have a card...haven't applied for anything in the last five years so counting on the churn.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:28 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP
I received the 50,000 bonus e-mail too. I signed up for the credit card on Thursday with the 25,000 (after waiting long enough and convinced no big bonuses would be offered). I called BOA and in order to get the 50,000 bonus, I'd have to cancel the 25,000 credit card bonus I was just approved for and reapply (but there is also a fine print on that says, the offer is only valid to new customers who have not signed up in the past 12 months). Worried this will hurt my credit score (which is about 740). Any thoughts?
Old Dec 9, 2013, 1:28 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Endventure

I also received this offer as an email. I currently have an AK Visa but will apply for this today..I assume they sent me this offer because I am eligible. I'd be disappointed if they rejected me because I already have a card...haven't applied for anything in the last five years so counting on the churn.
I'd apply for another card with this offer ^
Old Dec 9, 2013, 3:41 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Just received this offer for 50K this morning in my inbox. Tempted to go back to this card (used to have it) since my Chase Preferred Safire is going to be much less valuable with the UA downgrade.
Old Dec 9, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by SFore
Just received this offer for 50K this morning in my inbox. Tempted to go back to this card (used to have it) since my Chase Preferred Safire is going to be much less valuable with the UA downgrade.
I also received the 50,000 bonus offer this morning. That's a nice bonus, and the $75 annual fee is reasonable if you factor in the $99 companion voucher every year. I assume that is valid for HI too?

Anyway, I applied the Sapphire Preferred in May 2013. It's a great card, but like you said, with the UA downgrade, it's definitely worth less now. Not to mention UA keeps pulling flights out of SEA. SEA-NRT is the latest route that was dropped. Oh well, I'll apply and cancel either than Sapphire Preferred or the Alaska Visa.
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:32 am

Applied for the 50K offer thanks to link from View From The Wing. Approved after reconsideration. Note, for this offer you need the Signature card which requires minimum $5000 CL. If you get a lesser Visa product, you will only receive a tiny fraction of the bonus points.

Recon agent only saw 25K offer. This also happened on the VS card with BOA. Seems their agents don't see the actual offer associated with the account. Even via SM, they only see the 25K and need more research to confirm the additional bonus (on the VS card). Anyone else have this issues with BOA?

Only time I've experienced this with the more prominent banks is the recent Chase BA 100K offer. Everyone who applied via the 100K link seems to only get the 50K offer, but of course Chase made adjustments upon SM. Hopefully BOA will do the same (my first card with them).
Old Dec 11, 2013, 7:34 pm

Data point. Partner got approved (not instantly, but within a day) with $3.5K CL, not enough for Visa Signature, which I mentioned above will forfeit most of the bonus. he requested to be bumped up to Signature, and phone agent did after reviewing his credit report.

I'm starting to like BOA's reconsideration line. I've called in a few times and find the agents friendlier than Amex, Citi, and Chase. This post-approval bump is impossible with Chase (as lease by the tier 1 agent) - Chase will tell you the card cannot be upgraded for a year. The one thing that does lack, as mentioned in my previous post, is BOA's recon agents don't have access to the actual offer you signed up for, so they can't confirm the bonus.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.