Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2013, 8:05 pm
cnn

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Dell Streak Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Both are access on the regular BoA site.
Thanks!
Old Nov 4, 2013, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by cnn
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Dell Streak Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Can anybody inform me if new Alaska cards (both personal and business) would appear on online account at BoA website or there is a separate website to manage these cards (like Hawaiian cards)? Thanks
They should appear online. I can't quite recall, but I believe both of mine showed up automatically on my existing BOA account.
Old Nov 5, 2013, 1:00 pm
cnn

Originally Posted by arrek
The pull only went to EXP and combined with the pull for the personal. This was for an app w/in the District of Columbia.
The 2 pulls on my TU for personal and bus apps did not combine even though they have identical info.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 8:01 am

Data point: Applied for 2 Bank of America Alaska card 25K miles & $100 credit yesterday and one was approved online right away and the second one went into pending decision.
Called the credit analyst this morning and she was more than happy to approve the 2nd personal card. She did note that 1st one was approved yesterday but I mentioned I wanted 2 cards.
Old Nov 12, 2013, 11:18 am
cnn

Originally Posted by tnite
Data point: Applied for 2 Bank of America Alaska card 25K miles & $100 credit yesterday and one was approved online right away and the second one went into pending decision.
Called the credit analyst this morning and she was more than happy to approve the 2nd personal card. She did note that 1st one was approved yesterday but I mentioned I wanted 2 cards.
Good for you. I guess I may try next time. I just applied and got approved for 1 personal and 1 business cards.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by metoo
Is B of A Biz card hard to get just like with US. Bank or Chase with their United Explorer Biz card (first rejection from any card company)?

Anyone have both Personal and Biz from B of A?
i have both. to open the biz account they made me open a $1500 CD account or kind of like a secured card with 1500 limit. i was able to get bonus on both. planning to cancel the personal card and reapply in 2-3 months.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:14 pm

I have both. Approved no problem.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 9:36 pm

Applied online for the Biz Card. Received Pending so chatted with CSR. No detail other than wait 5 -7 biz days and call a toll free number for update during office hour. CSR did ask if I had a B of A business banking account. I told him no, not with B of A.

Never had any bank asked me about their banking products when applying for Citi, Chase and AMEX cards.

Not feeling good about this but oh, well....

Called following day - Approved for 8k, will take 7 to 10 biz days for card to arrive

Last edited by metoo; Nov 21, 2013 at 6:11 am
Old Nov 22, 2013, 7:10 am

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by beckoa
I have heard talk of a premium Visa bundled with BR membership... but at this time its just talk.
Funny you should mention this. AS sent me a targeted survey asking some questions about a potential card that included BR membership.
Old Nov 24, 2013, 5:20 pm

Programs: alaska, united, air france, lufthansa,delta, starwood
Originally Posted by tnite
Data point:
Called the credit analyst this morning and she was more than happy to approve the 2nd personal card..
What is a "credit analyst" and how do you get ahold of one? Thanks!
Old Nov 24, 2013, 8:29 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by bigbirdwithsilverwings
What is a "credit analyst" and how do you get ahold of one? Thanks!
Sounds like reconsideration line.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:23 pm

I'm new at the AS MP program, and I have a quick question about this card. Specifically, I'm not sure if the link currently available on the AS web site includes the $100 rebate. Also, the $100 rebate is only available for tix purchased on the AS web site, right? Or is there a version of the card that offers a $100 rebate on any kind of purchase? Apologies if the question has already been answered, I did read/skim the thread but couldn't figure it out.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by honu
I'm new at the AS MP program, and I have a quick question about this card. Specifically, I'm not sure if the link currently available on the AS web site includes the $100 rebate. Also, the $100 rebate is only available for tix purchased on the AS web site, right? Or is there a version of the card that offers a $100 rebate on any kind of purchase? Apologies if the question has already been answered, I did read/skim the thread but couldn't figure it out.
I'm not sure what the $100 rebate you're talking about is. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the $99 companion certificate? The $99 companion certificate allows you to bring one other person on any single itinerary you book (booked on alaskaair.com and on Alaska Airlines-operated flights) with you for $99 plus tax. The companion certificate comes with all Bank Of America-issued Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cards, which, I believe, is the only card AS issues in the USA at this time.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by jackal
I'm not sure what the $100 rebate you're talking about is. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the $99 companion certificate? The $99 companion certificate allows you to bring one other person on any single itinerary you book (booked on alaskaair.com and on Alaska Airlines-operated flights) with you for $99 plus tax. The companion certificate comes with all Bank Of America-issued Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cards, which, I believe, is the only card AS issues in the USA at this time.
I do believe they have non-Signature cards which one may end up with if one does not qualify for the Signature card.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 7:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
I do believe they have non-Signature cards which one may end up with if one does not qualify for the Signature card.
Ah. I think they no longer let you apply for the Classic/Gold/Platinum cards separately, but I didn't know they were still downgrading some applications to them. Guess it's quite possible.

IIRC, you can't get a Signature card with a credit limit lower than $5,000, so if you don't qualify for a limit that big, I guess they have to give you one of the lower cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.