Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
I'm not sure what the $100 rebate you're talking about is. Are you sure you're not confusing it with the $99 companion certificate? The $99 companion certificate allows you to bring one other person on any single itinerary you book (booked on alaskaair.com and on Alaska Airlines-operated flights) with you for $99 plus tax. The companion certificate comes with all Bank Of America-issued Alaska Airlines Visa Signature cards, which, I believe, is the only card AS issues in the USA at this time.
Found it (the post, not the link). Post 5 from a thread on CCs without spend in the Credit Card forum:

Originally Posted by x712xdamx
Correct, AS card miles literally will be in your account before you receive or activate the card! Have to pay ann fee though, HOWEVER:

There's a version of the card (offer in FT and if you google) that gives you a $100 statement credit for spending $1k in 3 months... so it more than covers the $75 annual fee.
This post is from Nov. 5th, and I've looked for an app link for this particular card, but so far no joy. From the post above, it looks like the spend won't need to be on AS to qualify for the $100 rebate. Does anyone know where to find a link?

Last edited by honu; Nov 25, 2013 at 8:27 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 9:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by honu
Found it (the post, not the link). Post 5 from a thread on CCs without spend in the Credit Card forum:

This post is from Nov. 5th, and I've looked for an app link for this particular card, but so far no joy. From the post above, it looks like the spend won't need to be on AS to qualify for the $100 rebate. Does anyone know where to find a link?
I got the $100 back link by booking a flt. It shows up automatically. You might also check our Credit Card Programs Forum. There is a Sticky that lists all/most of the current deals. Also, try the search button just above and use "google search'' and enter a few key words and you may find it.

Last edited by philemer; Nov 25, 2013 at 9:34 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 10:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
Anyone been making much use of the BankAmeriDeals that crop up in your account? I've earned about $26 worth since they started popping up about six months ago. Helps offset the $75 annual fee is how I look at it. Seems like they're adding a lot more stores than they used to, but I can't tell if it's targeted or everyone sees the same offers.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: DL FO, HH Ag
I've used a few of the BankAmeriDeals - mostly at local restaurants. To me, the nicest thing about the program is that it's a rebate that happens after the fact, so can be easily combined with other incentives (for example coupons, which normally cannot be combined with other offers).

-JimG
Old Nov 26, 2013, 5:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by czpdx
Anyone been making much use of the BankAmeriDeals that crop up in your account? I've earned about $26 worth since they started popping up about six months ago. Helps offset the $75 annual fee is how I look at it. Seems like they're adding a lot more stores than they used to, but I can't tell if it's targeted or everyone sees the same offers.
I've earned 17 cents.

AMEX is much more useful in this regard (guess where my spend goes)
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Originally Posted by JimGinATL
I've used a few of the BankAmeriDeals - mostly at local restaurants. To me, the nicest thing about the program is that it's a rebate that happens after the fact, so can be easily combined with other incentives (for example coupons, which normally cannot be combined with other offers).

-JimG
Was just going to say I think I have a 15% off Crate and Barrel rebate and a 15% coupon - pretty good deal.

Of course, just my luck, I logged in to confirm this deal, only to find my account on fraud alert this morning. New card in a week. This is only about the sixth time my BofA card has gotten hacked. Wife was just in NYC, which is probably how it happened - maybe skimmed at a restaurant?
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:57 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by honu
I'm new at the AS MP program, and I have a quick question about this card. Specifically, I'm not sure if the link currently available on the AS web site includes the $100 rebate. Also, the $100 rebate is only available for tix purchased on the AS web site, right? Or is there a version of the card that offers a $100 rebate on any kind of purchase? Apologies if the question has already been answered, I did read/skim the thread but couldn't figure it out.
I think this is what you are looking for. This is the thread w/ the link to the $100 statement credit after $1K spend: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...k-offer-9.html

post #127 , the statement credit is noted on the landing page. Not easy to find as neither BOA nor Visa appear in the thread title so searching doesn't pull it up easily.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 2:30 pm

Programs: DL FO, HH Ag
Originally Posted by beckoa
AMEX is much more useful in this regard (guess where my spend goes)
I agree about AMEX - they have a similar program that seems to include more places where I tend to shop. However some places don't take AMEX, so it's nice to have those same benefits on a VISA card as well.

-JimG
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
I think this is what you are looking for. This is the thread w/ the link to the $100 statement credit after $1K spend: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...k-offer-9.html

post #127 , the statement credit is noted on the landing page. Not easy to find as neither BOA nor Visa appear in the thread title so searching doesn't pull it up easily.
Thank you!! I looked everywhere, with Google and FT, and wasn't able to find it. You made my day!
Old Nov 26, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Anyone have experience using the companion pass for two other people (not including cardholder). T&C does state it's ok.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:42 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by frudd38
Anyone have experience using the companion pass for two other people (not including cardholder). T&C does state it's ok.
My two nieces used mine. I think the Ts and Cs say that my credit card needed to be used, and I was prepared for that. However, apparently all they needed was to know my name as it is on my Alaska Airlines account.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 4:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by frudd38
As long as you purchase it, yes. If you aren't the one purchasing it, YMMV.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
My two nieces used mine. I think the Ts and Cs say that my credit card needed to be used, and I was prepared for that. However, apparently all they needed was to know my name as it is on my Alaska Airlines account.
I'm guessing you share your last name with them
Old Nov 26, 2013, 8:59 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by beckoa
I'm guessing you share your last name with them
Actually, I don't.
Old Nov 26, 2013, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Actually, I don't.

Wow.

And neither does the one who paid for the ticket?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.