Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2013, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by JoyRider
Seems like it is churnable. I just got approved for my second. Will try for another one in a few months. ^
More details needed to make your post of any use. When did you get your previous card? How many hard pulls do you have? How many recent inquiries?
Old Aug 13, 2013, 9:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by travel light
The miles were credited before the card arrived.
Same here. Pretty wild. I wonder if we will get the extra 5000 ( differnt offer) for being a BofA customer. Looking forward to $100 credit too.

Last edited by philemer; Aug 13, 2013 at 9:44 am
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:48 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Miles not posting

I've read several posts where people have seen the signup bonus miles post before the card arrived and some within 4 or 5 business days. It's been longer than that for me (still haven't posted). Should I call? Who - Mileage plan customer care or BofA?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 4:33 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Haven't seen mine either, but the account is showing up on my
B of A profile. Chat confirmed 30k mile bonus.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 5:05 pm
rln

Wow. I just stopped scrolling after reading about the guy who hated the card but happily signed up to get 40,000 bonus points and then, promptly, cancelled. Guess he had 40,000 reasons to sign up. With that logic, figure a person only has 25,000 reasons to sign up now.

There are still plenty of us who feel that the card is a good deal - bonus points for Alaska air purchases, companion certificate, a steady stream of promotions (seems like for months I qualify for extra points for purchases such as gas, grocers, restaurants, movies).

I carry cards for each of the programs I am interested in accruing points on: Alaska, United, and Marriott. Using the cards, I accrue significant points on each that, otherwise, I would not have. If points are not your thing then, obviously, there are other cards and other programs.

Hey, if they offered 100,000 points to sign up and everybody did and then cancelled their cards, how much longer do you think any promotional opportunities would service. Its a card: get it if you can benefit from it; if not, move on. But don't trash it and then brag how you played the system.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by PointsNmiles
Haven't seen mine either, but the account is showing up on my B of A profile. Chat confirmed 30k mile bonus.
Yep, it shows up on my BofA profile also. What chat confirmed the 30k bonus? With BofA or AS Mileage Plan or who?
Old Aug 14, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, National EE, *G
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
Yep, it shows up on my BofA profile also. What chat confirmed the 30k bonus? With BofA or AS Mileage Plan or who?
B of A chat....

I like the news that they have category bonuses - I hope I get some. AS is a program I want more miles in..
Old Aug 16, 2013, 11:59 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Didn't need to, applied online, was automatically approved.
$100 off airfare (if one applies after booking)
25k bonus
Companion Cert
Do you receive an additional Companion Cert? Did you use your MP# on signup, or let it create one for you and merged?

I wouldn't mind the second annual fee, its the only airline card I carry unless CSP counts. BOA has treated me well, and if you have the card with the old bonus, call them up and tell them you saw the 5k offer and they will deposit the extra miles no issue.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
Originally Posted by pricesquire
Did a few searches, both via Google and FT, and don't see much on this card. I've seen a few places (Million Mile Secrets, Points Guy, etc) write about it as an "underrated gem"...yet it doesn't get much love from the MilesBuzz forum. Why?

Current offer:
1) Earn 25,000 Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ Bonus Miles upon approval.

2) Receive an annual coach Companion Fare from $110(USD) ($99 base fare plus taxes and fees, from $11 depending on your Alaska Airlines flight itinerary).

3) Earn 1 mile per $1 on all purchases

4) Earn 3 miles per $1 on Alaska Airlines tickets/vacation packages/cargo purchases

5) Earn up to 5 miles per $1 at partner hotels and restaurants

6) Enjoy no mileage cap. There's no limit to the number of miles you can earn with the Alaska Airlines Visa Signature card.

7) Go far and wide with points redeemable on over a dozen airlines. Visit the Alaska Airlines website for the airline partner list.

Numbers 1, 2, and 7 make this a very attractive offer. Especially #1, "25,000 miles upon approval"--no spend required.

The only negative I see is the $75 annual fee. This is not waived the first year.

So FT: any luck with this card? Reviews? Positives/negatives? Luck with getting approved? Recon?

Thinking about getting it just for the 25k, which I'll eventually transfer over to AA, DL, BA, Emirates, Qantas, etc....

Looking at straight numbers, I do believe 25,000 miles is "worth" $75. What about you?
Good points-got mine a month ago("if they gave one to me, they'll give one to anyone")but BOA(!)gave way low credit limit. Not to complain...
Question: how to you "transfer over" to AA, etc?
Old Aug 16, 2013, 10:47 pm

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jake108
Question: how to you "transfer over" to AA, etc?
From the context, I believe the post means 'used for flights on via AS partner awards'.
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:24 pm

Programs: AA Plat,AS MVP Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat, Amtrak(all routes, VIA same, AUS 90%)
AS/BOA

Yep, it depends on your primary airport. My closest is PIA(free parking!once I was from the seat of my car to seat of plane in less than 10 minutes). That said, ORD is AS and taking Amtrak(8 trains daily from my little 'Burg)to Chicago is easily done for AS or better AA pricing. BYW, Amtrak Guest Rewards/Chase)is a fine product-I am sitting on about $4K in redeemable AGR right now-get your little bedroom, meals incl, for two. Not for everybody but I love Amtrak, done all of US after Cardinal into DC for Inauguration.
So, re AS/BOA: ORD-HNL, they are consistently offering lowest fares including FC(O/W recently at about $800).( It came to me that once in HNL I could do a HNL-NRT which routes LAX, pick up 16K AA EQM but price points changed.) Throw in the companion fare which you get yearly-can't beat it you can easily get to an AS city.
"No Borders Just Horizons"
Old Aug 17, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I've read several posts where people have seen the signup bonus miles post before the card arrived and some within 4 or 5 business days. It's been longer than that for me (still haven't posted). Should I call? Who - Mileage plan customer care or BofA?
Hearing about the extra 5K(BOA current customers...?), I called BOA first-they acknowledged the 5K would be applicable but said ball was in AS's lap. So, onto to AS: "we get mileage update tapes from them every Sunday," then post with 48 hours after that. AS rep could not confirm the extra 5K.

Who ya gonna call? I's say, "Ghostbusters."

"No Borders Just Horizons"
Old Aug 26, 2013, 12:18 pm

Does anyone know whether the companion ticket discount code will stay in the Alsaska Airline profile IF the card is cancelled now?

I applied on 5/8/13 for this card, somehow have to call in but they didn't ask me to move credit from the hawaiian airline card (which I applied in feb 2013). Got a letter in mail for a Alaska business visa, debating if I should include it in the next churn? Anyone know how hard or easy it is to get a business card with BofA? I want to have one more companion ticket for a holiday trip to Mexico! Thanks!
Old Aug 26, 2013, 8:24 pm

FYI, GCR's $75 cashback boost is only until 8/31/2013

I applied Friday, called in today to check status, cancelled my MBNA SmartCash (only got it for $100 cashback, 2nd time), then the MBNA Alaska one is approved
Old Aug 28, 2013, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by AMRivlin
Didn't need to, applied online, was automatically approved.
$100 off airfare (if one applies after booking)
25k bonus
Companion Cert
Did you cancel the first card before applying for the second, and then cancel and apply for the third? how long did you wait between applications? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.