Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2016, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by JBG89
If i applied and was approved for the BofA Alaska Card business and personal card 6 months ago, may I reapply for a new bonus again?

Understand these cards were churnable in the past but unsure of the current status. TIA!
They seem to be tightening up a bit on churning...particularly applying for a 2nd personal card when you already have one (or recently closed one)...but you can always try, the worst they could say is no
Old Dec 23, 2016, 9:10 pm

Alaska website 30K + $100 shopping cart trick
Old Dec 23, 2016, 11:48 pm

Programs: AS MVP , Delta Gold Medallion, "Credit Card" status for various hotels
Originally Posted by popgun
Looks like the 30,000 mile sign-up offer is about as good as it gets on AS. And I could use an AS card for my families traveling. However, does the following make sense?

Sign up for Virgin 90k points card (we're getting ready to start a remodel so $12k will be easy to spend in 6 months) -> transfer those 90k points to AS at 1:1.3 -> end up with 117k AS miles -> then also sign up for AS card for the benefits, even if we don't get the 30k miles as well?

Likely to work out?
i think you are mixing up virgin Atlantic with virgin America. Virgin Atlantic has a 90k bonus on their credit card, but they don't have any relationship with Alaska. Only Virgin America points can transfer to Alaska at that ratio.
Old Dec 24, 2016, 4:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JBG89
If i applied and was approved for the BofA Alaska Card business and personal card 6 months ago, may I reapply for a new bonus again?

Understand these cards were churnable in the past but unsure of the current status. TIA!
Please do not double post. That is in violation of FT rules.

You have multiple answers already to the same question in the other thread:
Old Dec 25, 2016, 3:47 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue
Alaska website 30K + $100 shopping cart trick
I always used that trick but this time it didn't work. When I called recon the said I already had the card and was not eligible.
Old Dec 25, 2016, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by cruisr
I always used that trick but this time it didn't work. When I called recon the said I already had the card and was not eligible.
Yeah, I tried the link via the AS website and it didn't work for me either...I think the days of having two of the same B of A Alaska Visa are just about over...it's definitely not as easy to churn this one as it use to be.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 9:21 am

Ahhh, yes I was. Thanks for the help

Originally Posted by Bretmd
i think you are mixing up virgin Atlantic with virgin America. Virgin Atlantic has a 90k bonus on their credit card, but they don't have any relationship with Alaska. Only Virgin America points can transfer to Alaska at that ratio.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator note: This thread is closed. Please follow the current AS Visa discussion at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alask...017-later.html

dayone, AS/VX Moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.