Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2016, 8:32 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by liveforflying
Hi

I have Alaska Airlines Signature visa card.

My questions.

1) When can you apply for next one ? How many days apart ?
2) I applied after 40 days after getting my first card and I got letter saying duplicate request on 2nd card.

Anyone came across this situation ?

Thanks.

I have been waiting 90+ days before applying for a 2nd one or 3rd.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My questions.

2) I applied after 40 days after getting my first card and I got letter saying duplicate request on 2nd card.

Yes, someone in the bigger Alaska Airlines thread in the Credit Cards forum just ran into that situation recently.

Consensus in that thread is that you have wait 90+ days between personal AS card applications.
Old Sep 11, 2016, 1:05 pm

credit card application

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Yes, someone in the bigger Alaska Airlines thread in the Credit Cards forum just ran into that situation recently.

Consensus in that thread is that you have wait 90+ days between personal AS card applications.
Thank you both.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:00 am

Hi

My questions.

Thanks.
AFAIK, it's totally YMMV, but most of us are waiting 90 days between apps.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 8:43 pm

anybody try applying for BOA CCs - Asiana 30K and Alaska 30K on the same day? any success?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by gnomey
anybody try applying for BOA CCs - Asiana 30K and Alaska 30K on the same day? any success?
Not tried it but 2 diff. cards from the same bank in the same day is begging for 1 (one) rejection, IMHO.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by gnomey

Yes and yes.
Old Sep 12, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by philemer
Not tried it but 2 diff. cards from the same bank in the same day is begging for 1 (one) rejection, IMHO.
agree there is some risk involved.

Originally Posted by wcrhkd
Yes and yes.
thanks - did you get auto-approval for both?
Old Sep 12, 2016, 10:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriot LTP, Hyatt Globalist
No. I did need to call in, but was ultimately approved for both.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
AFAIK, it's totally YMMV, but most of us are waiting 90 days between apps.
I applied for two Alaska personal cards and one business card on the same day a few weeks ago.

1 personal and 1 business instantlly approved. called in about the second personal one a few days later and they flagged it as a dupe. however, they were able to process it and i was approved for an identical credit limit.

This is after I canceled 3 personal cards and 1 business card about 4 months ago.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 12:56 pm

Originally Posted by dmd149
I applied for two Alaska personal cards and one business card on the same day a few weeks ago.

1 personal and 1 business instantlly approved. called in about the second personal one a few days later and they flagged it as a dupe. however, they were able to process it and i was approved for an identical credit limit.

This is after I canceled 3 personal cards and 1 business card about 4 months ago.

how long did you own these cards (3 personal and 1 biz), before you cancelled 4 months ago?
Old Sep 13, 2016, 3:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dmd149
I canceled 3 personal cards and 1 business card about 4 months ago.
What was your process for cancelling the business card? Did you just ask to cancel the card itself, and the "corporate account" (which shows up online when you open an Alaska business card) disappeared automatically, or did you ask to have both the card account and the "corporate account" closed, or what?

Thanks.
Old Sep 14, 2016, 10:49 am

My gf received a 35k sign up offer. She has a sign up code for the offer. Quick question: if i send her a referral link to sign up, can she still use her code for the 35k offer, or will BoA only let her apply for the standard offer via referral links?

Obviously 35 is more than 32.5 if she can't use my referral, but would love to double dip, if possible.
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:21 am

Has anybody recently gotten the Platinum (<$5k CL) card and not gotten miles from it?

Had the activity of WELCOME TO ALASKA AIRLINES PLATINUM CREDIT CARD show up in my Alaska account with 0 miles credited. Would have expected 5,000.
Old Oct 3, 2016, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Willbur
Has anybody recently gotten the Platinum (<$5k CL) card and not gotten miles from it?

Had the activity of WELCOME TO ALASKA AIRLINES PLATINUM CREDIT CARD show up in my Alaska account with 0 miles credited. Would have expected 5,000.
The 5000 may come as a separate posting.

Has your BofA statement showing 5000 printed yet? IIRC, the thing you noted is posted on your receipt of the card, which is well before the 5000 is to post. I think it's simply to flag that you are now entitled to the benefits that are triggered by the card, nothing more.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.