Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 11:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pcoll
Still no mention of No Foreign Transaction Fees on updated Alaska Visa /BOfA
Card features page.
Why have they not added this ?
It says "No Foreign Transaction Fees" in the T&C and on the main BofA credit card page.
Old May 27, 2016, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by akcae
What is "Up to 5 miles per $1 spent using Mileage Plan Dining." supposed to mean? Is this different than being a VIP member of the dining program? Getting 5mi/$ has nothing to do with the CC you use.
I think it's a way to market their Mileage Plan Dining. You would technically get 6x miles per $1 spent though. (5 per $1 spent at the restaurant + 1 per $1 of spend on the card).

I noticed there is no $100 statement credit with this offer so essentially we would be trading $100 in SC for 5K miles. Also, minimum spend requirement instead of receiving the miles on approval.
Old May 28, 2016, 1:34 am

Any Alaska visa offers remaining for 25000 miles with no minimum purchase? (Perhaps an old referral link -- please pm me or post here).

Thank you

Originally Posted by Jared Ito
Any Alaska visa offers remaining for 25000 miles with no minimum purchase? (Perhaps an old referral link -- please pm me or post here).

Thank you

If I sign up with one of the old links for 25000 with no spend requirement is it likely to be fulfilled automatically with little or no hassle?

Last edited by beckoa; May 29, 2016 at 10:17 pm Reason: merged consecutive posts
Old May 28, 2016, 1:42 pm

If I sign up with one of the old links for 25000 with no spend requirement is it likely to be fulfilled automatically with little or no hassle?

Jared, check out the offer on Alaska's website. Book a flight, and right before checkout you should see the 25k on approval +$100 statement credit offer. If they're offering it, they should fulfill it.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list

Thank you
Yes. Click the link in the wiki above. You'll find current offers in the wiki in that thread.
Old May 29, 2016, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by SDtravel619
Jared, check out the offer on Alaska's website. Book a flight, and right before checkout you should see the 25k on approval +$100 statement credit offer. If they're offering it, they should fulfill it.
The offer is still available. However you do need to spend $1000 on the card to get the $100 credit.
Old May 31, 2016, 10:15 am
mck

New offer 30k+ companion

Has anyone already applied and done new 1k spend requirement?

I've applied yesterday for my family member and will post the timing but if someone is ahead of me would appreciate how long people anticipate companion code taking to populate account.

Thanks,
M
Old Jun 2, 2016, 3:52 pm

When will I be eligible to successfully apply for this card again?

BOA seems less strict than Citi, Chase, and Amex about reapplying for the same card product. With BOA, is there any rule of thumb for reapplying for the Alaska Airlines Visa card?

* Days / Years since last applied: 298 days (0.81 years)
* Days since canceled the card: 40 days

The current 30K + $100 statement credit offer looks reasonably good.
Old Jun 2, 2016, 4:11 pm

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy
BOA seems less strict than Citi, Chase, and Amex about reapplying for the same card product. With BOA, is there any rule of thumb for reapplying for the Alaska Airlines Visa card?

I'm tempted to reapply. I reduced my CL for my existing card (~month ago) but haven't canceled yet. Not sure if I should cancel first or apply for new card then cancel at a later date before annual fee hits.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:31 am

Originally Posted by ucdtim17
I'm tempted to reapply. I reduced my CL for my existing card (~month ago) but haven't canceled yet. Not sure if I should cancel first or apply for new card then cancel at a later date before annual fee hits.
If you read back just a little bit on this thread, you'll see my post about just having been approved for a third card with 2 already open, something the Recon CSR noted but didn't seem to consider to be a problem. I did proactively say at the beginning of the call that I wanted the card to do some upcoming spending that I wanted to keep separate from my other spending. Whether saying that helped or not I have no idea, as there are several posts from folks who applied for a third card with 2 still open, and they didn't mention needing to give any sort of explanation.

General recommendations are no more than 2 open cards when applying for a new card. Reduce the CL on existing cards. Wait at least 90 days between apps.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
If you read back just a little bit on this thread, you'll see my post about just having been approved for a third card with 2 already open, something the Recon CSR noted but didn't seem to consider to be a problem. I did proactively say at the beginning of the call that I wanted the card to do some upcoming spending that I wanted to keep separate from my other spending. Whether saying that helped or not I have no idea, as there are several posts from folks who applied for a third card with 2 still open, and they didn't mention needing to give any sort of explanation.

General recommendations are no more than 2 open cards when applying for a new card. Reduce the CL on existing cards. Wait at least 90 days between apps.
Thanks
Old Jun 3, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD

Thank you
In the wiki for the other Alaska credit card thread you can find the offer for no spend and $75AF for 25k miles. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...ss-25k-up.html
I just applied a day or so ago and have had 2 open in the past, closed one 2 weeks ago. Instant approval.
I find I would rather spend $1k on another card like CSP than put into a card with an odd # of miles on it.. now I have 76,388 on Alaska Air of which I only need 75k for what I want to use the miles.
I don't do manufacture spending so for those that do I am sure the $100 statement with spend makes sense.

Last edited by duranza; Jun 4, 2016 at 2:34 pm Reason: more info
Old Jun 3, 2016, 2:56 pm

Success

Originally Posted by moretimeoffguy

Thanks everyone. Just applied and was instantly approved. Good luck to others out there.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Premier, BA, AA, HHonors Gold
I just signed up and was instantly approved for a 30K after 1000 spend within 90 days. No statement credit offeredthough. I received this offer after logging on to the Web Site.
Old Jun 5, 2016, 7:27 pm

Alaska Airlines CC churn

Hello,

I did a search for this topic and found a vague response to this question...

How often can one churn the Alaska Airlines BOA cc? I opened one in April of this year. Should I close card, and wait 6 mos to churn? Any advice would greatly be appreciated!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.