Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2016, 3:58 pm

Update fyi, lesson learned

Originally Posted by jeepie
So, I decided to fill out an application while on an AS flight two nights ago (Biz version for 31,000 miles). Handed it to the FA, now wondering how long it takes. I just checked online and no record was found. Any experiences in how long it should take? TIA.
In case anyone is interested, I checked almost daily on their website and it was never found. Spoke with BofA reps several times and got inconsistent answers...basically blowing me off. Anyway, the card arrived yesterday with a generous limit. I will never hand off a paper application again. Cheers.
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by jeepie
In case anyone is interested, I checked almost daily on their website and it was never found. Spoke with BofA reps several times and got inconsistent answers...basically blowing me off. Anyway, the card arrived yesterday with a generous limit. I will never hand off a paper application again. Cheers.
All's well that ends well.
Old Aug 23, 2016, 12:43 pm

I have seen the posts about only applying for a new AS card every three months or so. I'm really curious to know if this is the same for all BA cards together or specific to the AS card.

My most recent BOA app is 7/12/16 for an Amtrak card. Most recent AS was in March. I noticed while logging out of BOA site a (targeted?) app screen for an AS card. Should I jump on it or wait until October like I had planned?
Old Aug 24, 2016, 2:18 pm

I applied and checked online - nothing - for a week or so, then got a letter in the mail and was asked to call a security number. Once security questions were completed I received an instant approval with an extra card.
Old Aug 30, 2016, 9:14 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by CurbedEnthusiasm
Just got a mailed offer for a 35,000 bonus (30K + 5K BofA). This is the highest I've seen for an Alaska credit card in a long time.
I just received the same offer in my mail today. 35K, $1000 90 day

Not sure how broadly AS/BofA sends this out. Not even sure if this is a good offer ... 35K points feels really weak, doesn't it?
Old Aug 30, 2016, 10:45 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by maradori
I just received the same offer in my mail today. 35K, $1000 90 day

Not sure how broadly AS/BofA sends this out. Not even sure if this is a good offer ... 35K points feels really weak, doesn't it?
Might be the 2nd highest offer with 50K being highest. Very rare to even see a 50K offer.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Might be the 2nd highest offer with 50K being highest. Very rare to even see a 50K offer.
Agreed. My GF just got the same offer and will be applying. Good timing too since she was about to submit an app for the 30k bonus.

I'm good with the 35k...50k was extremely targeted a while ago and quite a long shot. Plus the companion pass, and a solid card for "everyday" foreign transaction fee spend.
Old Aug 31, 2016, 5:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maxp0wers
Agreed. My GF just got the same offer and will be applying. Good timing too since she was about to submit an app for the 30k bonus.

I'm good with the 35k...50k was extremely targeted a while ago and quite a long shot. Plus the companion pass, and a solid card for "everyday" foreign transaction fee spend.
Were was the extra 5k mentioned in the offer? I received an offer yesterday that said 30k on the envelop and threw it away without opening.

Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2016, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS 100K, UA*S, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond | Formerly: AC Super Elite
Originally Posted by Econ1
Were was the extra 5k mentioned in the offer? I received an offer yesterday that said 30k on the envelop and threw it away without opening.

Thanks!
This was the mail I got: http://imgur.com/ihvC7EZ

Old Aug 31, 2016, 11:41 pm

That's the same one she got. For what it's worth, she received the regular 30k offer a couple weeks ago, then this new 35k offer showed up maybe a week later.

Oddly it referenced her mileage plan miles "as of April 25th", which is well outdated. Maybe they're a bit behind on their targeted offers?
Old Sep 1, 2016, 9:35 am
Suspended

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by maradori
This was the mail I got: http://imgur.com/ihvC7EZ

thanks!! ill been on the lookout for it
Old Sep 4, 2016, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold Elite
I opened an AS credit card less than a year ago-the Visa signature card.
Can I apply for a second card and get any bonus miles or will they not honor that?
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Can I apply for a second card and get any bonus miles or will they not honor that?
You can apply again, even with your first card still open.

You will get the bonus again, after making the required minimum spend.
Old Sep 4, 2016, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sweetsleep
Originally Posted by muji
You can apply again, even with your first card still open.

You will get the bonus again, after making the required minimum spend.
Is that your only card with BofA? Do you have big credit limit? If so, you may want to reduce the credit limit a little while before you apply for the next card.

Reason: If they approve you for the new card for less than $5000 credit limit, you'll get the dreaded Platinum card which only has a 5000 mile bonus (not 30000). The risk of that is greater if you have open BofA cards with high credit limit, but the solution is to request a lowering of the credit limit, not to close the card. (Closed cards don't return their credit limit at BofA for up to a year ! So even if are planning to close soon, say when the next annual fee hits after one year, lower the credit limit first.)

(In the other thread about this card in the Credit Cards forum, someone recently couldn't get approved for more than a tiny amount of credit limit because they had closed a bunch of BofA cards in the past year without lowering the credit limit to the minimum first.)
Old Sep 11, 2016, 6:57 am

duplicate request

Hi

I have Alaska Airlines Signature visa card.

My questions.

1) When can you apply for next one ? How many days apart ?
2) I applied after 40 days after getting my first card and I got letter saying duplicate request on 2nd card.

Anyone came across this situation ?

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.