Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Credit Card Programs
Reload this Page >

Alaska Airlines card offers, Personal & Business [2012-2016]

Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: muji
As an additional resource for these cards see this thread: Alaska Airlines Visa

PERSONAL CARDS
30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...s-credit-card/
+2k miles if done with onboard paper application

30k mile offer with $100 credit and fee for companion ticket waived the first year, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4020594
link no longer working

30k mile offer with $100 credit, $75 AF, $1k spend: https://secure.bankofamerica.com/app...aignid=4009277
link no longer working

If you are applying for a personal Alaska card, and are not an expert on applying for Alaska cards STOP, don't apply yet.
Instead, read this post. Doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

A few people in the Alaska Airlines forum have in the past received personally targeted, single-use links for a 50k offer
when they opt-in to "Partner Offers" in their Mileage Plan account preferences.

=======================================

BUSINESS CARDS

30k mile offer, $75 AF, $1k spend, no foreign transaction fees:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/smallb...-credit-card//

Note: There are two different earning formats for the business card, which you choose when you apply:
  • $50 per company, $25 per card (Business Level Earning Plan)
    • $0 per company, $75 per card (Individual Level Earning Plan)

To avoid billing confusion later, make sure you choose the Individual Level Earning Plan if you are not going to have employee cards under the same account as your account.

Also see the Applying for Business Credit Cards [Consolidated] thread (not-BofA-specific) for general tips on applying for business cards.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reconsideration # (for personal cards):

1-800-354-0401 (8am-7pm ET Mon-Fri) direct, referring agent from another BofA line called it their "credit department"

1-866-811-4108 from the Alaska Airlines Visa thread post 949

Business card Recon Line:
866-695-6598 (8-7 EST M-F from what I was told)

Biz card status line: 888 663 6262
Biz Card credit analyst line: 877 665 5022, 877 665 5023 (seems to be non-working number)

Check application status online here:
https://www.bankofamerica.com/credit...status-form.go

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Credit Enquiries for Personal cards come from BofA. Enquiries for business cards come from FIA. Credit bureaus usually merge enquiries from the same requester made on the same day. Enquiries from BofA and FIA will not be merged.

When do the initial bonus miles post? You will get the miles after the statement closes for the cycle in which you meet your minimum spend. Usually AS points show up the Sunday evening after your statement closes, but sometimes it takes an additional week.

If there's a statement credit, when does it post?
It seems to be batch-processed. It will post automatically. Can be on the same statement or the next statement. It does not appear to be based on the statement close date.
.................................................. .................
Print Wikipost

Old Apr 6, 2012, 8:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M

[New 30K link posted on 6/13/13.]

The usual seems to be 25K, so I think this deserves mention:

DEAD https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/U...?cid=2069047#b

Last edited by philemer; Mar 13, 2014 at 2:25 pm
Old Apr 7, 2012, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by UA Fan
The usual seems to be 25K, so I think this deserves mention:

https://consumer.bankofamerica.com/U...?cid=2069046#b
And I finally pulled the trigger a couple days ago on the 25K card. Anybody have experience with Bank of America matching like Chase/Amex?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:00 am

Programs: All major Airlines, Hotel Chains, Credit Cards and Car Rentals
Nice find. Just in time for my next round of apps. Thank you.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tjbrooks
And I finally pulled the trigger a couple days ago on the 25K card. Anybody have experience with Bank of America matching like Chase/Amex?
I think BofA takes forever to do any matching and from what I've read they seldom match at all. I guess it really boils down to how nice the rep is.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 10:26 am

Note, there is annual fee: "$75 for Visa Signature accounts, $50 for Platinum Plus accounts, or $35 for Preferred accounts"
Old Apr 7, 2012, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by muji
Note, there is annual fee: "$75 for Visa Signature accounts, $50 for Platinum Plus accounts, or $35 for Preferred accounts"
Same as always. Also important to note that if you're not approved for the Signature, they could give you the other two, and their sign-up bonuses are much lower.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 12:00 pm

great find UA Fan
Old Apr 7, 2012, 12:10 pm

Same as always. Also important to note that if you're not approved for the Signature, they could give you the other two, and their sign-up bonuses are much lower.
Good point. While the bonus is 30,000 miles for Signature accounts, it is only 10,000 miles for Platinum Plus accounts, and 8,000 miles for Preferred accounts.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 2:48 pm
GGE

Programs: DL, US, AA, Marriott Silver, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond
This is the first card I have seen so far (I am relatively new to this, of course) that has a $99 companion certificate issued without a spend requirement nor having to wait until your first anniversary - this says if you get the Visa Sig version of the card you'll get your 30K miles and your $99 companion cert. upon approval (1-2 wks for the 30K miles). That is quite nice.

It also has a vague reference to Alaska Airlines Boardroom Passes, but I"m not sure whether this is an added free perk to the card, or what.

Now I must research whether these are transferable miles, and/or whether I have the ability to utilize this airline. ^

edit - I see, I cannot transfer these out to other programs by the looks of it (aside from via points.com, of course) but I CAN use the miles on AA or DL. It also says I can EARN elite qualifying miles with AS when I fly on AA or DL... now I am curious whether I must do something special in order to make the miles post.. whether I will get miles for both AA and AS when I fly on AA, etc.

FT : Educating THrough Encouraging Research .. ETHER... whoa man, deep. :P

Last edited by GGE; Apr 7, 2012 at 2:56 pm
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:10 pm

Programs: SPG plat 75, HH Gold
Has anyone who has existing card tried getting a second? I don't see anything in the fine print to preclude that.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
Has anyone who has existing card tried getting a second? I don't see anything in the fine print to preclude that.
Yes, got a 2nd card last year for the 40k. Still have both. I think I'll try to cancel and do another. By all reports, this should work as well.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 4:39 pm

Tried last year for my wife who applied for the 25k before the 40k came out. Got nowhere with them with multiple e-mails and calls. I'd say the chances are not good but it doesn't hurt to try.
Old Apr 7, 2012, 7:00 pm

Programs: AA, SWA, CO, UA, PC Plat, HH Gold, SPG
I got the card last year when the bonus was 40,000 miles. The miles and the companion pass code were in the account before I ever got the card. I received Board Room passes in the mail shortly after. I used the companion pass for first class flights from Austin to Honolulu this October :-)

I applied for my wife when I saw this yesterday - got the "we'll let you know" screen. Since she gets the mileage for the flight to Hawaii she'll have a good start on the card!
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:33 am

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by GGE
edit - I see, I cannot transfer these out to other programs by the looks of it (aside from via points.com, of course) but I CAN use the miles on AA or DL. It also says I can EARN elite qualifying miles with AS when I fly on AA or DL... now I am curious whether I must do something special in order to make the miles post.. whether I will get miles for both AA and AS when I fly on AA, etc.
Yes, you can use the miles on AA or DL or a slew of foreign airlines like BA & AF, but you can't use more than one of their partners on the same award trip.

You can credit EQM & RDM to AS when you fly on some of their partners like AA, DL, or EK, but you can't also get mileage credit on the flown airline. So if you fly on AA, you can credit your miles to AA or to AS, but not both. In order to credit your miles to a different airline than the one you're flying, you specify in the reservation which airline the miles should be credited to (as long as it's one of their partners) and put in your ff # for that airline. The miles should be credited automatically after you fly, but it takes extra time -- on occasion, a very long time or you'll need to ask for the miles to be credited. Make sure to save your boarding passes from the flights in case you need to submit copies as proof of flying. Some fare classes may not receive any mileage credit or may receive more or less than 100% on partner airlines. On other partner airlines like CX or KE, you can only credit RDM to AS, no EQM.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 1:50 am

Programs: All of em...
Originally Posted by RetiredRoadWarrior
I haven't applied for my 2nd one yet (got the 40k last year), but there have been quite a few posts that the Bank of America cards are churnable. Of course, YMMV and you still have to have a pretty credit report to get approved

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.