Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 17, 2015, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: RobertHanson
As an additional resource for these cards see the threads here: Current Alaska Airlines Card Offers. Previous 2012-2016 Alaska Airlines Card Offers.

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read post #3688 in the other AS thread linked above. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Link to enhanced AS card that waives $99 fee for Companion Fare (only pay taxes & fees): 30K miles and $99 CF fee waived

$100 stmt. credit link for 30K card & $22 CF pass:https://secure.bankofamerica.com/applynow/welcome.go Now active, as of 7/19/17

Business card offer of 30K miles

Can you book Cathay flights using AS miles? Probably NOT:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alas...-later-68.html
Print Wikipost

Alaska Airlines Visa

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:19 am

25k bonus on my alaska account is still not posted. was closed in 11th. Today is 19th.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
25k bonus on my alaska account is still not posted. was closed in 11th. Today is 19th.
Don't worry- it's the exact same dates here for a family member who applied. She sees the 50000 in the statement, but only 25000 in alaska air. Just give it some time. Hopefully it posts next week; you are not alone in your wait!
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:06 am
ned

Programs: MTD pass holder
Originally Posted by Blueskyheaven
Plus one.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 9:48 am

Programs: hiltonGold, marriott Silver National ES,Rapid Rewards
Originally Posted by ned
Plus one.
Plus two
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold
hey guys,
I unfortunately did not snag that 50k offer in time, so I went with the lesser 25k miles option last January 13 and was instantly approved. However, I have yet to get the card or get the instant 25k miles posted to my MP account on alaskaair.com. ?

Does anyone know when the companion fare discount code is sent?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 10:36 am

Can you use companion pass when applying

This may be too basic but I could not find the answer. I already have the card and we want to fly in July. My wife could apply when she buys the tickets and get the $100 credit but I assume no way she could use the promised companion pass for that trip? In other words I would have to book and she could only use hers for another trip? The savings on a companion pass obviously dwarfs the $100 purchase credit (I think).
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Originally Posted by doss1
hey guys,
I unfortunately did not snag that 50k offer in time, so I went with the lesser 25k miles option last January 13 and was instantly approved. However, I have yet to get the card or get the instant 25k miles posted to my MP account on alaskaair.com. ?

Does anyone know when the companion fare discount code is sent?
Assuming by "last January 13th" you mean this past Monday and not 2013

I know I read somewhere that the companion passes drop in over the weekend. Monday is a holiday. I would bet it is in your account by Tuesday at the latest.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 11:50 am

Programs: All of 'em
Anyone have a link to the 30k offer floating out there?
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Assuming by "last January 13th" you mean this past Monday and not 2013

I know I read somewhere that the companion passes drop in over the weekend. Monday is a holiday. I would bet it is in your account by Tuesday at the latest.
Yes, I meant January 13, 2014

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for the CP (I assume it will drop into MP control panel, not BofA credit card page?)
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by gregillinois
This may be too basic but I could not find the answer. I already have the card and we want to fly in July. My wife could apply when she buys the tickets and get the $100 credit but I assume no way she could use the promised companion pass for that trip? In other words I would have to book and she could only use hers for another trip? The savings on a companion pass obviously dwarfs the $100 purchase credit (I think).
Based on what I've been reading in this forum, you don't have to book a flight to get the credit card offer with the $100 statement credit if you just use this link to apply for the credit card: https://www.applyonlinenow.com/USCCa...ry?sc=VABROP#b

That's what I did and was approved a week ago. However, I have not yet received the miles nor the Companion Pass yet (may be a bit early).
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:10 pm

Programs: MR, UR, AA, AS, HH Gold, SPG Gold, HGP, RR
Yes, I meant January 13, 2014

Thanks, I'll be on the lookout for the CP (I assume it will drop into MP control panel, not BofA credit card page?)
Yes, under your ff account, not the credit card. There is a link in the drop down menu under My Account for "discount codes". You'll find it there.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by SquarePeg
Yes, under your ff account, not the credit card. There is a link in the drop down menu under My Account for "discount codes". You'll find it there.
Got it! Now just waiting on the card to come in so I can hurry and book my AS flight.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 11:10 am

Programs: UA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Here's another data point. Statement closed 1/11/14 and the second 25k posted yesterday overnight (1/19/14). So looks like it's taking just over a week.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 2:26 pm

Got it! Now just waiting on the card to come in so I can hurry and book my AS flight.
You know you don't have to book usining your AS card right? No need to wait just use a different card.
Old Jan 20, 2014, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
You know you don't have to book usining your AS card right? No need to wait just use a different card.
I know, but it's 3pts per $1 for Alaska Airline flights if using the AS card. Plus, there's the $100 statement after spending 1k in 3 months.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.