Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2022, 5:56 pm

Originally Posted by AviationNZ
As far as I'm aware, it has rolled out onto all short haul and long haul routes now.
I stand corrected, according to an acquaintance, short haul roll out begins on the 8th or 9th of December. All long haul is live now though.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 3:56 am

Programs: Air NZ *E, IHG Ambassador, Qantas Gold, Marriott Platinum Elite, HH Gold
NZ4 AKL - LAX - 7 Dec

Beckett66 and gambda like this.
Old Dec 7, 2022, 7:58 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Awesome I am on NZ6 soon and was hoping for fast dine!
Old Jan 5, 2023, 1:31 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet, Marriott, Nexus, Global Entry
Meal service was poor, food quality was worse

The menu describes it as Taupo beef eye fillet Having grown up on farm outside of Taupo that raised cattle, I can assure you this did not represent beef, let alone fillet Cow hide would be more appropriate. My photography ability matches that he quality of the meal!
poopbunny likes this.

Last edited by taupo; Jan 5, 2023 at 2:17 pm
Old Jan 5, 2023, 2:24 pm

Programs: NZ *E
After trying the new menu, I'm not all that impressed myself.

It seems that now there is only one "full" main choice (otherwise it's lighter options, given it seems the other options are always going to be a pasta without protein or a salad).
Old Jan 5, 2023, 10:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by taupo
Meal service was poor, food quality was worse

The menu describes it as Taupo beef eye fillet Having grown up on farm outside of Taupo that raised cattle, I can assure you this did not represent beef, let alone fillet Cow hide would be more appropriate. My photography ability matches that he quality of the meal!
I tried the same on AKL-SIN, and was very disappointed.

I did discuss this with the crew and then the ISM.

Old Jan 6, 2023, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
While I genuinely enjoy the NZ experience most of the time, I will just point out again that currently on many dates EK F is cheaper to the UK than any NZ combo!

samjnz, Sealink and poopbunny like this.

Last edited by bce1; Jan 6, 2023 at 2:30 am
Old Jan 10, 2023, 12:12 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
NZ 28 AKL - IAH on 20 December 2022

Poor quality meals both dinner and breakfast. Only thing I enjoyed was the cheese and crackers post dinner.
When I found hair in my breakfast the flight attendant was very apologetic, but I requested another smoothie or a hot drink instead which never came around. Overall average service and the worst meal quality I have experienced.

poopbunny likes this.
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AKL-SIN, NZ283 10 Jan.

Much better than experienced AKL-SIN, although the advertised LP champagne was unavailable, with Joseph Perrier (JP) being stated as the replacement due to ‘supply issues’. On asking for a top-up pre-dinner, the bottle label was obscured (turned inwards towards other bottles), and when I asked to look, it turns out to be Lanson. Crew said “oooh, I have given you the wrong stuff”, and raced away/returned to show me 2 unopened bottles of JP, and then dashed away again to open and pour me a glass.

Talking up the JP, but actually having Lanson on the trolley almost seemed deliberate given the crew comment and reaction. AKL-SIN also had the LP to Lanson ‘switcheroo’ happening.

I really don't undestand this situation. NZ should just be honest about what champers it is offering….

Regarding the meal, I had the braised beef ribs with just the greens, which was excellent.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Jan 10, 2023 at 1:07 pm
Old Jan 10, 2023, 1:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

To add for context: I had chatted with crew during the PDB serving about what champagne was loaded, and they noted supply issues at Auckland meant LP was scarce. She explicity said Joseph Perrier was loaded for this service SIN-AKL. No mention made of Lanson at all, let alone being the product served once airborne.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 11:01 am

Programs: NZ *E
Meals on the way back to LAX were also fairly meh. The pasta option was pretty small.

I also think that the new service flow is proving too complicated -- on my flight to AKL they forgot my breakfast main, then on the flight back they didn't serve the fruit/museli entree and no refills on coffee, etc.
Old Jan 11, 2023, 10:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by samjnz
then on the flight back they didn't serve the fruit/museli entree and no refills on coffee, etc.
Same with me on my flight back from SIN last week.
Old Jan 12, 2023, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by samjnz
After trying the new menu, I'm not all that impressed myself.

It seems that now there is only one "full" main choice (otherwise it's lighter options, given it seems the other options are always going to be a pasta without protein or a salad).
But isnt that the point of the "Customise section"? ADD the salmon or chicken (on that menu at least) .....
Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by trooper
But isnt that the point of the "Customise section"? ADD the salmon or chicken (on that menu at least) .....

Indeed. But I did notice crew needing to explain to many J pax how it worked with the options.

The placement of the choices at the very bottom of menu, with a large area of blank space between, is a poor design from this user’s perspective.

A pic to show why some pax struggled to ‘join the grey rectangles’

Old Jan 12, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: NZ Silver
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Indeed. But I did notice crew needing to explain to many J pax how it worked with the options.

The placement of the choices at the very bottom of menu, with a large area of blank space between, is a poor design from this user’s perspective.

A pic to show why some pax struggled to ‘join the grey rectangles’

Oh really!? I would've never picked that. In that other menu, I would've tried (unsuccessfully) to make mine a surf & turf (eye fillet + salmon extra)!

I think the layout of the new menus looks terrible. Too much text, in too smaller area.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.