Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2022, 1:56 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbiddle
I personally don't even understand why people still pay extra for meals on a TT flight.
I generally fly the Tasman with carry-on bag only but corporately get booked into the Works, so my meal ends up costing $50!
As I often take the very early flight (and want as much time as possible in bed), I don't visit the lounge so the breakfast matters - but at $50 (or whatever the premium is from Seat-only to Works is).
It is touted as a choice but I would like a meal but no bag and not pay that stupid amount.
I understand the NZ is re-evaluating its Seats-to-Suit offering.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 2:58 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
I personally don't even understand why people still pay extra for meals on a TT flight.
Originally Posted by CHCflyer
I generally fly the Tasman with carry-on bag only but corporately get booked into the Works, so my meal ends up costing $50!
Don't forget that GDS booked fares only book into either Seat+Bag, Works, or Works Deluxe.

Any flight booked into X, G, P will be Seat+Bag. All other Y booking classes will be Works (or can be overridden to be Deluxe). Unlike booking directly through the Air NZ website where, for example, you can have a Flexi Seat Only/Seat+Bag fare (H class and above), if you book through an agent who uses the GDS this will always default to Works with no ability for it to be changed to Seat Only or Seat+Bag.
CHCflyer likes this.
Old Oct 11, 2022, 3:00 pm

Originally Posted by CHCflyer
As I often take the very early flight (and want as much time as possible in bed), I don't visit the lounge so the breakfast matters - but at $50 (or whatever the premium is from Seat-only to Works is).
It is touted as a choice but I would like a meal but no bag and not pay that stupid amount.
I understand the NZ is re-evaluating its Seats-to-Suit offering.
Fingers cross for seat deluxe. Would really like carryon only and an empty middle seat.
Beckett66 likes this.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 3:50 pm

Programs: NZ*G, BAEC Gold
Trans Tasman J latest

NZ123 (AKL-Mel) J menu from today. Looked different from the one up thread so thought I’d share.

breakfast for us so had bagel (good) and fish cakes (meh). Otherwise good flight with lovely and friendly nz service.

Last edited by mckma8; Oct 18, 2022 at 4:15 pm Reason: Images didn’t upload
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Don't forget that GDS booked fares only book into either Seat+Bag, Works, or Works Deluxe.

Any flight booked into X, G, P will be Seat+Bag. All other Y booking classes will be Works (or can be overridden to be Deluxe). Unlike booking directly through the Air NZ website where, for example, you can have a Flexi Seat Only/Seat+Bag fare (H class and above), if you book through an agent who uses the GDS this will always default to Works with no ability for it to be changed to Seat Only or Seat+Bag.
Somewhat tangental, but still about food!

Thanks, I’ll need to check with AirNZ exactly the situation as THAI have booked me into G class on NZ102 SYD-AKL early next month. This is in lieu of their suspended/cancelled direct BKK-AKL service, so it should be a full-service (ie meals) economy sector. Was initially in J until NZ102 was down-gauged, so now I am in Y - but that is another story for another thread.
Old Oct 18, 2022, 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Somewhat tangental, but still about food!

Thanks, I’ll need to check with AirNZ exactly the situation as THAI have booked me into G class on NZ102 SYD-AKL early next month. This is in lieu of their suspended/cancelled direct BKK-AKL service, so it should be a full-service (ie meals) economy sector. Was initially in J until NZ102 was down-gauged, so now I am in Y - but that is another story for another thread.
If not booked via AirNZ on NZ ticket stock it will "Works" service.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
Jeb Brooks has posted a Youtube review of his JFK-AKL in BP this month. But he also has posted the menu.

https://greenergrass.com/wp-content/...ealandMenu.pdf

I do like the the ability to add extras to several of the meals.
Gasfoodlodging likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 2:47 am

Programs: NZ EP
It’s been a while since I’ve been on a 78, how many are set up with an espresso machine?
And how’s the product?
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by bce1
Jeb Brooks has posted a Youtube review of his JFK-AKL in BP this month. But he also has posted the menu.

https://greenergrass.com/wp-content/...ealandMenu.pdf

I do like the the ability to add extras to several of the meals.
What gets me in all the videos say need cabin crew to convert bed. Pretty sure I have made the beds up myself
Old Nov 27, 2022, 11:39 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by nzkarit
What gets me in all the videos say need cabin crew to convert bed. Pretty sure I have made the beds up myself
Once you've seen the bed made up once doing it is easy!

I've seen a few people over the years write reviews saying the bed could only be made up by crew as thought it is a negative. I see having somebody make my bed up for me so I don't need to as a great selling point!
jawnbc likes this.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:08 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by nzkarit
I don't recall anybody making my bed (nor do I expect it). Think I received a 20 second tutorial.
Old Nov 27, 2022, 12:37 pm

Programs: NZ Koru
Once you've seen the bed made up once doing it is easy!

I've seen a few people over the years write reviews saying the bed could only be made up by crew as thought it is a negative. I see having somebody make my bed up for me so I don't need to as a great selling point!
Yeah isn’t a turn down service a selling point, I can’t think of that many airlines that offer that level in J.

On night time flights on QF, the bottom layer of bedding is already attached to the seat when you board.

But agree you can do it your self, I’ve done it many times before. Just stand up and press the button.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 11:59 am

Programs: NZ *E
Has the new BP food style launched on JFK launched on other routes yet? (I remember reading something about it launching in Oct).

I've been complaining a little bit about NZ lately but after flying UA Polaris to LHR this week, I've definitely come to appreciate NZ!
SeaProf likes this.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by samjnz
Has the new BP food style launched on JFK launched on other routes yet? (I remember reading something about it launching in Oct).

I've been complaining a little bit about NZ lately but after flying UA Polaris to LHR this week, I've definitely come to appreciate NZ!
As far as I'm aware, it has rolled out onto all short haul and long haul routes now.
Old Nov 30, 2022, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by AviationNZ
As far as I'm aware, it has rolled out onto all short haul and long haul routes now.
Similarly wondering when will see new amenity kits, come back of all birds mask and PJs saw in the inugaral flight

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.