Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2023, 6:15 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
Originally Posted by BZNZ
I chose the Eye Fillet, feel very sorry for the cow, rock hard steak past well done. Still got a few hours to go until Dinner, planning on snapper.
Was my experience in Jan also
Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by bce1
Both menus sound really nice.
did delivery live up to the descriptions?
My Elite Partner travelled to TPE in PE ($AP gifted upgrade).

Old Apr 15, 2023, 4:24 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
NZ99 - AKL-NRT - 15 April 2023

To sum up my food experience on this flight, this was probably my worst food experience on Air NZ to date (and I've spent more than enough flights in economy). I'm actually shocked how downhill it has gone as I used to think NZ's meals in business, PE and even economy were quite good.

The best meals were the soup and bread, and the mid flight sandwiches. Still not serving ice cream because of dry ice issues, but the alternative desserts were okay.

Eye Fillet as mentioned above did not meet expectations, and the snapper was just a very bland dish. I wish I read the comments here first, would have probably picked the yakatori in hindsight for lunch.

I'm not usually one to make a fuss about this stuff, especially when travelling in J, but I was just incredibly surprised at how bad the food was, would have expected a lot better for a premium experience.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I have provided feedback both when asked to respond to a survey and through the MyVoice portal.

In J to YVR in a couple of weeks. Cabin is full, as is PE. I’ll be interested to see how the service and food is… although priority is sleep!
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:29 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
To sum up my food experience on this flight, this was probably my worst food experience on Air NZ to date (and I've spent more than enough flights in economy). I'm actually shocked how downhill it has gone as I used to think NZ's meals in business, PE and even economy were quite good.

The best meals were the soup and bread, and the mid flight sandwiches. Still not serving ice cream because of dry ice issues, but the alternative desserts were okay.

Eye Fillet as mentioned above did not meet expectations, and the snapper was just a very bland dish. I wish I read the comments here first, would have probably picked the yakatori in hindsight for lunch.

I'm not usually one to make a fuss about this stuff, especially when travelling in J, but I was just incredibly surprised at how bad the food was, would have expected a lot better for a premium experience.
I'm dreading the food in J on tonight's flight to SIN. The only good thing is that I'll hopefully be too tired to eat and can go straight to sleep...
Old Apr 15, 2023, 7:56 pm

Programs: Airpoints Elite
I'm flying tomorrow on economy to Narita, so will make sure to take some photos and give my uneducated review. I'm not expecting much, if the premium cabin food is really that bad. This is actually my first international flight since Covid (been subjected to far too many domestic trips though) and I recall in the past not minding the Air NZ economy meals. A family member has just done the same trip, and he said the food was reasonably tasty but the portions have shrunk massively.

I've got a skycouch so as long as I can get some sleep and stretch my legs I'll be happy enough. I never have the biggest appetite on the plane, and I don't drink (and diet coke is diet coke whichever end of the plane you're at) but looking at some of these business class meals maybe I'm not missing out on much anyway?

If it all turns to custard, I'll break out my emergency potato chips and chocolate and pretend I'm a student all over again.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 7:01 am

Tonight’s menu to SIN. As you can see they’ve updated the way they do ‘Customise’

Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 1:20 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
If I get steak on the menu on my flight to HKG in a few weeks I feel I'll need to order it just to see if it's that bad!

Speaking of steak I had this in PE on Air NZ to Japan around 2017 or so and it was perfect in every way from the crispy potatoes to the perfectly cooked steak that was still pink in the middle. It was as good as any steak you'd get at a restaurant.

kiwifrequentflyer likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle

No, just don’t do it. My BP fillet AKL-SIN in Dec

LyingFlat likes this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by LyingFlat
Tonight’s menu to SIN. As you can see they’ve updated the way they do ‘Customise’

what did you end up getting, and how was it? I usually get the daytime flight so the choices are different
Old Apr 16, 2023, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by raznz
what did you end up getting, and how was it? I usually get the daytime flight so the choices are different
I just had the Kung pao chicken (no starter/dessert). I was pleasantly surprised that it was quite nice. The chicken was perfectly cooked as well.

I did notice a few people who had the beef send it back though…

For breakfast I had the mushrooms with bacon and again, was quite nice as well. The bacon especially wasn’t overdone either as it can often be.
Thai-Kiwi and raznz like this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 10:06 pm

nice, those would be the two items I'd lean towards myself!
LyingFlat likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:33 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
In J to YVR in a couple of weeks. Cabin is full, as is PE. I’ll be interested to see how the service and food is… although priority is sleep!
Have low expectations TK and you won't be disappointed. The food ex AKL is terrible and the cabin crew are well aware.
For AKL-YVR, I eat in the lounge (better food than on board), go to sleep once seatbelt sign off and have a wake up call for 8am local BC time to reset sleep pattern.
Food ex YVR is much better, which never used to be the case.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 10:35 am

Programs: NZ Elite, AC SE100K, Westjet Teal, Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite, Nexus, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
No, just don’t do it. My BP fillet AKL-SIN in Dec

Looks like a hockey puck
debh and sonyxperiageek like this.
Old Apr 17, 2023, 1:13 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
maybe it is a Meat thing? done quite few J flights long and short and really like the Vege options. Also loving the new foccacia garlic bread (was a complete addict to the old ones.. it was a problem!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.