Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Just while I'm going through my photos here's another comparison Y meal on TG from HKG-BKK.

Wasn't particularly tasty but certainly still looks better than many Y options we're seeing on NZ/QF now for shorthaul flights.
Attached Images  
Old May 19, 2023, 11:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by sbiddle
NZ80 last night

I decided to try the beef just because I'd eaten Asian food for 8 days.. It was pretty chewy and overdone.

Garlic bread and toast for breakfast was also on the cold side and hard (but this is more of a crew training and presentation issue than the food as such)

The plastic cup of Dulcet was just a prank (ISM was a good friend of another ISM I knew so I had to drink it before I could get more LP!)
No steak pic ...?
Old May 19, 2023, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
That looks like a good meal sbiddle!
Old May 19, 2023, 11:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sbiddle
And not a NZ meal but does anybody remember when economy food here used to look like this rather than the slops you get now? This was CX from BKK-HKG yesterday.

The meal was delicious and the only fault was the ice cream which was no doubt kept at minus 1000 degrees with the dry ice and took close to 15 mins at room temperature and holding onto it before it was actually possible to eat it. I saw other people nearby actually give up.
A stark comparison The meal below yours is my Y 'food' on BNE-WLG last year.

Old May 20, 2023, 12:02 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
No steak pic ...?
Oops missed it. Have updated the post.
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:06 am

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Originally Posted by bce1
I think we develop a Stockholm syndrome with AirNZ sometimes. If people are prepared to pay a premium for a rubbish product they will get a rubbish product!!
There is no excuse for NZs current J product and them saying how amazing it will be at the end of 2024 on a couple of aircraft only (to begin with) is insulting at best.
Air NZ has us all cornered as they have the best flight times to America for sleeping. We sadly can't take EK to America. It's either that, or a very early morning flight with Qantas - no thanks!
Old May 20, 2023, 12:50 am

Originally Posted by kiwifrequentflyer
Air NZ has us all cornered as they have the best flight times to America for sleeping. We sadly can't take EK to America. It's either that, or a very early morning flight with Qantas - no thanks!
Though the timing of the QF JFK flight could be head to headish for sleep for people wanting to head to NY.
Old May 20, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
We sadly can't take EK to America.
You can, it's just a very very long journey

I issued a ticket recently for someone on EK AKL-NYC. EK J was about $1500 cheaper than NZ J
Old May 20, 2023, 4:16 am

NZ173 menu AKL-PER

Friends just flew J on NZ173 AKL-PER ​​​​​this afternoon on Wamos and sent me the menu pictures, I'll post food pictures later if they send any

Old May 26, 2023, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AKL-SYD NZ103 J

Great crew. Breakfast offerings didn’t look that appetising, but my choice of wam bagel was pretty tasty.

My observation is that for a ‘full business experience’ this all seems pretty underwhelming, and I certainly wouldn’t pay the $900-$1500 asked for a TT J flight unless there was a deeply discounted sale, especially for a morning flight.

This was a Seat fare upgraded using SHRU.

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; May 26, 2023 at 4:40 pm Reason: revised comments on ‘value’
Old May 27, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Akl - sfo nz8 j

Can never have too much garlic bread!

Dunno what type of eggs these are!
Old May 27, 2023, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

NZ198 HBA-AKL Works

Booked Seat (7SP +3.5SP bonus ) , then paid $40 for ‘Product change’ to Works (14SP + 7SP bones) as the additional 10.5 SPs was ‘very good value’ at $3.81/SP. I ate in the Qantas Lounge.

Meal choices were Mac n’Cheese, Chicken & Mash with veges, or Beef Pie.

Genuinely appalling meal offering. I had 4 tiny steamed bean portions. It is mash on the left side, not a roll.

Carfield likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Follow-on. I asked crew why there was no bread roll.

She explained that bread rolls have been removed from all TT Y meal offerings except for evening services.

She said crew were complaining amongst themselves and encouraged me to also formally complain. I will provide feedback.
Carfield likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 11:37 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
I would still be hungry after that. I don't eat dessert but in that case I think I would be hungry enough to eat it because the main meal was so tiny!
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old May 27, 2023, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I would still be hungry after that. I don't eat dessert but in that case I think I would be hungry enough to eat it because the main meal was so tiny!
I was going to ask for another meal, but there was a few bumps, and everything was packed up - and that was that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.