Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2023, 1:42 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz
And wow was the food bad (as people have talked about above ex-AKL)

Menu: Hapuka with mussels, garlic salt crushed potatoes and Spinach

What I got: Hapuka with plain white rice and two florets of brocolli
Do you have a photo?
Old Jul 12, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
From NZ3 last night:

​​​​Gotta say, it wasn't too bad this flight. Wish the egg yolks were runny though, but they probably can't do that.

Oh and the breakfast toast was a bit cold and chewy (but was crispy), but other than that, everything else was pretty good.

​​​​
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:32 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Originally Posted by sbiddle
Do you have a photo?
No, I didn't manage to capture one before I started eating.

The food ex-LAX was decent this trip though.

Another observation -- both flights flew out with empty seats in BP, yet my fare was priced like a last minute Christmas ticket. Hopefully they start adjusting this to be more reasonable given they aren't filling the seats.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 3:39 pm

Programs: NZ Airpoints GE, Qantas Platinum, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
NZ does have a number of J-class seats that are broken and need a part to fix it. Some seats require manual cranking to recline - not a great product when you've shelled out thousands of $$$s
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:02 pm

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by sonyxperiageek
​​​​Gotta say, it wasn't too bad this flight. Wish the egg yolks were runny though, but they probably can't do that.

​​​​
That’s a shame. I’ve always found the eggs have been runny when I’ve had them in BP.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:06 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Honors Gold, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by samjnz

Another observation -- both flights flew out with empty seats in BP, yet my fare was priced like a last minute Christmas ticket. Hopefully they start adjusting this to be more reasonable given they aren't filling the seats.
I personally believe we're starting to see the impact of the economic turndown start to now hit and pent up demand starting to drop - we've seen silver's getting upgrades clear into BP which would have almost been unheard of a few months ago even!

Looking at the GAS and Air NZ sales in recent weeks to we're seeing lower pricing to many destinations which to me is a very clear sign that forward bookings are weaker. Aussie had barely had a sale in ~15 months, and we've now seen multiple sales over the past month or so.
mad_atta likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 4:17 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite *G, Emirates Skywards Gold, Priority Guest Rewards Platinum
Originally Posted by LyingFlat
That’s a shame. I’ve always found the eggs have been runny when I’ve had them in BP.
Oh true! I don't think I've had runny eggs in BP before.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 7:02 pm

Programs: NZ*E, QR Plat
I personally believe we're starting to see the impact of the economic turndown start to now hit and pent up demand starting to drop - we've seen silver's getting upgrades clear into BP which would have almost been unheard of a few months ago even!

Looking at the GAS and Air NZ sales in recent weeks to we're seeing lower pricing to many destinations which to me is a very clear sign that forward bookings are weaker. Aussie had barely had a sale in ~15 months, and we've now seen multiple sales over the past month or so.
in J, outside the North American (not real option.. although QF now here) people are voting with their wallets and a superior product. You would have to be mad to intentionally fly NZ on a sector out to Europe - whilst I like their soft product (generally very FA dependent) the hard product is poor (I used to be a staunch defenderof the J product like you sbiddle but recent 2 x flights on other carriers.. I can't defend it any longer).. the days of hauling a trolley through a business cabin should be LONG over!
poopbunny and greg23 like this.
Old Jul 12, 2023, 11:59 pm

Programs: NZ*E, UA*1K, QF Plat

Going really off topic here.
But have to agree with this. Flew AKL-IAH 10 days ago and the J cabin had 10 empty seats that I could count in the front cabin.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 4:23 am

Programs: NZ Elite, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Oh true! I don't think I've had runny eggs in BP before.
That's why I thought it strange. I've had the poached eggs loads of times and have always had runny yolks. Just goes to show how inconsistent NZ can be...
Thai-Kiwi likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 5:33 pm

Originally Posted by WLGNZ
Going really off topic here.
But have to agree with this. Flew AKL-IAH 10 days ago and the J cabin had 10 empty seats that I could count in the front cabin.
Yep - flew back from SIN last week in J, 3 empty seats in code 1 787 which I found surprising!
Old Jul 14, 2023, 5:19 pm

Same with NZ3 a few nights ago. About 6 free seats in J. Never a greater time to be GE I guess!
Old Jul 14, 2023, 5:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Same with NZ3 a few nights ago. About 6 free seats in J. Never a greater time to be GE I guess!
I’m booked for the wrong time of the year, sadly.
Asia in the high season even for Elites seems challenging 🙁. 5 Pax over 3 PNRs also adds complexity.

Still a change from 789v1 to 789v2 gives some hope, just a pity 9 months out that no R class has been released (AFAIK).
Old Jul 14, 2023, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by SDB22
Yep - flew back from SIN last week in J, 3 empty seats in code 1 787 which I found surprising!
Wow, quite different to when I flew SIN-AKL in Y earlier in the month (also a code 1 787) where neither mine nor the 2x elites next to me had our RUs clear (though I am not sure if they were going for Y-PE or Y-J.) Glad to hear premium loads of paying pax are finally beginning to lighten - gives lowly silvers like me a chance!
Old Jul 16, 2023, 10:38 pm

Programs: NZ Elite
NZ 281 SIN-AKL
12 July

I had ordered vegetarian meal as usual but when the FA came round to take the orders, he suggested I try the kaya toast for breakfast which was delicious.

Carfield likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.