Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Menus and meals 2022-2023

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2023, 1:37 pm

Programs: NZ *E
Given the flight prices this year, decided to go home for Xmas via HNL, which will be an interesting change given it’s a day flight leaving at 9.40am

Does anyone have recent experience of the catering in BP on this route? (I assume it’s breakfast and lunch?)
Old Oct 4, 2023, 9:24 pm

Programs: Too many golds, no plat: OZ*G, AC*G, NZ*G, VA Gold, QF Gold, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mad_atta
This looks like something of an improvement. Separate salad is a new thing, right?
After a couple of trans-Tasman dinner flights on Works fares during the last week, I do think the catering has improved a little from its absolute lows of recent years. I completely failed on the photo-taking front, sorry, but a few impressions:
  • It's good that there's now 3 choices of main (one being vegetarian), and some token attempt at a salad (though plenty of room for improvement there). I appreciate that they still bother to warm the bread rolls, though would love higher quality bread
  • NZ248 SYD-WLG I had what was described as 'butter chicken' but turned out to be a chicken and noodle dish that was pretty tasty. Coleslaw as the mini-salad
  • The sav blanc they're currently serving (Leefield Station 2022) is pretty good - especially for a '22, which was a tough year in Marlborough
  • Pandoro ginger slice for dessert was a major highlight. So good.
  • Returning on NZ109 AKL-SYD, I opted for the beef kofta with couscous, which was genuinely good - plenty of flavour, and seemed a slightly more generous serve. Chickpea mini-salad was slightly tough going as a standalone but worked well as an additional side for the beef
  • I was drinking a Malbec, couldn't see which producer but again it was quite good
  • Dessert was another Pandoro slice - not as good as the ginger slice but much better than some very dry chocolate brownie things I've had in the past.
All up, for the first time in a while I did not feel like they were taking the p*$$ when it came to Y catering. Oh, and a major bonus to see Super Nanny pinot noir being served in the lounges - that's a VERY expensive drop for lounge wine!
Old Oct 15, 2023, 1:19 am

Programs: NZ Elite
TT Menu in J

Travelling AKL-SYD return in a few days in J. Anyone has the menu from NZ105 & NZ110
Old Oct 31, 2023, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: NZ*E, QF-G, EK-P
NZ105

Forgot to take a picture of the menu but the whole meal was lovely! I had beef - there was a salmon option, not sure of the other option.
Warm garlic bread, chicken pea and kumera salad, beef rib for main and ice cream for dessert. Nothing for me to complain about !! The was food was good . Haven’t flown Nz J since a flight in July which wasn’t good.

gambda likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 12:59 am

Programs: NZ Elite
TT J Meals Oct 2023

Vegetarian option in the flight over and back were lovely and friendly service from crew - all looked young and enthusiastic and kept topping up my drinks but not the pre take off champagne - which was promptly taken away after I finished

Old Nov 2, 2023, 1:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TG*G, NZ*GE, QF G, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by gambda
Vegetarian option in the flight over and back were lovely and friendly service from crew - all looked young and enthusiastic and kept topping up my drinks but not the pre take off champagne - which was promptly taken away after I finished
A new low! (kidding). I have had no issues managing 2 (or 3) champers PDB if feeling so inclined - it does depend on when one boards and how jammed up the flow of Y and PE pax from door 01L happens to be.

The good staff know the drill and manage delivery with aplomb...
WLG Base likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2023, 3:16 pm

Programs: NZ Elite (*G), IHG Spire Elite, Accor ALL Gold
Don't have a photo or menu but decided to roll the dice again on the beef fillet between AKL and SIN on 22 Oct as wasn't feeling like the other options. Seems things have improved, had plenty of flavour with the sauce, and wasn't rock hard. Still not the best, but definitely a lot closer to what a beef fillet should be!
Old Nov 13, 2023, 8:59 pm

Nz24 AKL > YVR

Menu

Lamb main, tasting plate and ice cream is back! Lamb was pretty good. My travel mate had the fish and rated it well too

Omelette breakfast
mad_atta likes this.
Old Dec 6, 2023, 2:43 pm
Original Poster

NZ 8 a couple of nights ago.
Identical menu to NZ 26 above.
Food was good quality.
Bread was hot, soup was good.
Lamb two ways seemed to be slices of roast lamb in a BBQ sauce plus a lamb rump.
Ice cream was a sort of Sundae. Very good.
Breakfast was also good. Hash cakes with bacon.
Overall better than last LH trip in ~July.
mad_atta likes this.
Old Dec 13, 2023, 1:33 pm

Programs: NZ *E
HNL-AKL

So I was initially disappointed seeing the menu, but this salad was actually pretty good

Last edited by samjnz; Dec 13, 2023 at 2:48 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 9:57 pm

AKL - NAN
10 Dec 23
Premium Economy

Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bonkiebonks
AKL - NAN
10 Dec 23
Premium Economy

Looks better than the TT food in J AKL-SYD ….

Last edited by Thai-Kiwi; Dec 13, 2023 at 11:01 pm
Old Dec 13, 2023, 10:29 pm

Programs: NZ GE, QF
Originally Posted by Thai-Kiwi
Looks better than TT food in J AKL-SYD ….
Absolutely
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:35 am
Original Poster

NZ 5 12/23
alas the quality didn’t last
soup was nice and bread warm
beef cheeks were awful. Dry+++ and chewy.
dessert was ice cream - hard to go wrong.

breakfast scrambled eggs was average but not as awful as dinner.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 11:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Premium Economy NZ77 AKL-TPE 21 Dec

Adult son and partner flew PE to TPE yesterday. Full flight on 789v1.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.