Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2010, 11:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Roger

Logging in, I'm told that my number and PIN don't match. (They do.) After trying 3 times, I'm suspended for 30 minutes.

At least it doesn't say 'this is not possible'.
you're not alone: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...ss-locked.html
Old May 3, 2010, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR

Sorry! I thought it was just me.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
On the web I found CDG-BOG for 35000 out, and 70000 return. The 70,000 return shows business class. But when I try to book by the web, it charges me 140,000.

So I called FB and they were able to book it for me 35,000 over, and 70,000 return, but they said it was economy class the whole way, and 70,000 is for a fully flexible economy ticket instead of business class!

Who is right? The agent or the web?
Old May 3, 2010, 2:07 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Just a quick post to announce that you lucky Elite passengers that had trouble booking on KL flights using Classic scheme should no more have trouble.

Problem which happened was : you selected a Classic scheme (Economy or Business) on a KL flight, and when you submitted the page with your passengers details, you were brought back to the flight selection page with an error message "Last seats have been taken. Please choose another flight".

This message should not happen anymore, as long as you keep the "Flying Blue cardholer is travelling" box checked on the first step.

Feel free to give feedback if it still happens
Old May 11, 2010, 1:08 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
I was "pulling my hair out" over this problem booking returns from Canada at the end of summer. I ended up calling FB and they booked it for me. After seeing your post I went back and booked another dummy reservation and I got to the point of adding my credit card. This is the point I usually got that error. So yes, it appears to be resolved. ^
Old May 11, 2010, 7:40 pm

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
I am looking at one way in C MEX AMS (or MEX AMS NCE) around 29MAY with the promoawards... but nothing. The flight looks like J9 C9 I9 Z4 X9 S9 B9 M9 K9 H4, so perhaps no award available, but not even the flex option shows up. Basically, there seems to be no MEX AMS available at all on FB...
Old May 12, 2010, 1:59 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by ranskis
Basically, there seems to be no MEX AMS available at all on FB...
If your dates are flexible, there is still availability on May 25 or June 6 in C... but surprise, surprise, no promos left for any date during the run of the offer.

I've encountered poor availability a lot lately when trying to use the promos. In the latest round of offers, some routes were announced a few days before they went on sale, but when I logged on a day 1 to book a ticket, lo and behold, there was virtually nothing left. Is that because there are fewer seats than before? Or are there more of us who are savvier and quicker than before?
Old May 12, 2010, 2:17 am

I would call FB because I see M9 availability on the day you want to travel MEX-AMS. Maybe the booking problems have to do with this post

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/flyin...-surprise.html
Old May 12, 2010, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by vincentinparis
Is that because there are fewer seats than before? Or are there more of us who are savvier and quicker than before?
I don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to add that I see flights options open last minute.
Old May 12, 2010, 2:31 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
vincentinparis, indeed, there is availability but the promoawards are not taken into account even if they should. As for the other days, there should be flex awards available. Well... i will certainly change my plans to something more reliable. KLM the reliable airline?
Old May 12, 2010, 2:40 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
What I meant ask is this: even if there is availability, have they restricted the number of seats eligible for promo awards?

In any event, it can't hurt to call FB to see if they can help.

Last edited by vincentinparis; May 12, 2010 at 6:55 pm
Old May 12, 2010, 3:07 am

Yes, they can limit the availability of promo awards by limiting the number of specific class (i.e. M) available but if that class is avaiable, it should be bookable. This is the case on the 29th from MEX-AMS. I had a similiar problem and FB booked it by phone but you may need to push them a little and say I see 9 M seats.
Old May 12, 2010, 4:29 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
KL 686 C9 S9 W6 /MEX 1 AMS 2115 1440+1E0/74E 10:25

If you are Elite, there are 6 seats available using Promo scheme.
Old May 12, 2010, 5:47 am

In business wouldn't this be booked in M?
Old May 12, 2010, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by Catusa
In business wouldn't this be booked in M?
No, availability for Elite is handled like this :

Air France flights
Dedicated booking classes
R -> Economy Special Elite / Economy Special Elite Promo
M -> Business Special Elite / Business Special Elite Promo

KLM flights
Additional availability in the same booking classes
W -> Economy Classic / Economy Promo
D -> Business Classic / Business Promo

So for example on KL flight, the availability response will change dynamically whether you are Elite or not.

Example for an availability request for MEX AMS on MAY29TH :

Response no Elite
KL 686 C9 S9

Response Elite
KL 686 C9 S9 W6

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.