Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:03 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by Mokshu
You get this problem because you have Elite status and are booking a KL flights with extra availability for Elite passengers. They should be able to book your flight offline only if your travel has only 1 pax.
Not necessarily, it could also be that it's showing fake availability, as I've found out when I called. I'll see if I can reproduce my changing availability experience and post some screenshots.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 18, 2009, 3:35 am

Originally Posted by JulienBCN
...got a status match from Lufthansa
How on earth did you manage this? I've tried on at least 3 occasions and the answer I get has always been M&M will NOT grant a status match to platinum elites from FB!
Old Dec 19, 2009, 10:15 pm
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
Originally Posted by KLouis
How on earth did you manage this? I've tried on at least 3 occasions and the answer I get has always been M&M will NOT grant a status match to platinum elites from FB!
They have focussed status matches for certain countries, like the one described in the following thread (now closed):

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/star-...promotion.html
Old Dec 21, 2009, 5:04 am

Programs: AFplat, SASsilver, LHsen
Hey,

Here is an extract of the e-mail I received from them :
"Please have in mind that you need to reside in either Andorra, Czech Republic, Spain, Russia, Portugal or Finland to participate in the Miles & More status match promotion."
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Been trying to make some TATL BC awards on KL and am running into the same tech reasons problem message. Even trying to make one booking as a PLT with FB, it's impossible.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
Been trying to make some TATL BC awards on KL and am running into the same tech reasons problem message. Even trying to make one booking as a PLT with FB, it's impossible.
Call you FB call center and ask to be booked for the flights you are trying to book online. They will able to perform KL overbooking procedure for Elite pax, which is not working properly online.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 9:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Call you FB call center and ask to be booked for the flights you are trying to book online. They will able to perform KL overbooking procedure for Elite pax, which is not working properly online.
I've spoken with 5 reps at the FB SC in Ontario and they say it's not available. The last one told me there is no elite availability with KL!

1st rep said nothing available

3rd rep said AF only offers extra elite availability and not KL

4th rep said site has problems and they only work Monday and they're supposed to be working on it now and to check back later

5th rep said there are flex awards available but not classic

I do see Af flights being available when KL ones aren't

Last edited by YVR Cockroach; Jan 11, 2010 at 10:49 am Reason: Updated, 5 reps now
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks like it was fake award availability. Eventually ended up going to the next nearest airport in country KL services. Awards there were quite readily available and surcharge/fees much lower than flying from a neighbouring country, not to mention much less hassle.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 1:48 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
What flight/day did you try to book at first?
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What flight/day did you try to book at first?
KL 682 27 Sep KL 681 10 Nov.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by YVR Cockroach
KL 682 27 Sep KL 681 10 Nov.
Indeed, only Flex available for KL682 @ 27 SEP.
However, there's is additional availability in W class (Eco Classic) for KL681 @ 10 NOV, that can't be booked online (error).
Old Jan 11, 2010, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Indeed, only Flex available for KL682 @ 27 SEP.
However, there's is additional availability in W class (Eco Classic) for KL681 @ 10 NOV, that can't be booked online (error).
What are you using to check availability? Thanks
Old Jan 13, 2010, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Never expected anything but the FB SC did actually call when I faxed them my attempts to make a booking which showed false availability. The agent had managed to get some award seats opened up by KL but I had already made alternate bookings through another origin.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by KLeM
The KLM / Airfrance websites are both full of error's, empty or not working pages and outdated content. .
And I thought the BMi DC website was poor.....

Tried several dates for a redemption from ZRH-MAN everything goes well until I select my flights then I get this.

" The number of Miles needed to book this trip has changed. The number of miles required for this trip is now 20 000."
Why show 10000 mile availability in the first place?
Old Jan 23, 2010, 12:25 am

Info or suggestions welcome!!!

We booked an open jaw ticket and tried to change the date of one of the flighhts. The Klm replied with a general answer that didn't help us, so we no-showed on the flight because we bought a new ticket (it wasn't expensive...).
Because we no-showed they cancelled the rest of our ticket which means we are in New Zealand now, without a ticket back home. We wanna start a lawsuit offcourse because they failed to inform us of the cancellation and we already paid for the ticket. Does anyone have any tips or can you tell us anything usefull about the terms and conditions????????? Thanks!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.