Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2009, 1:48 am

Programs: FBGold - and that's about it nowadays, with Silver to come shortly :<(
I looked at the Promo pages today:
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/promot...omoawards.html

The AF Europe-Atlanta Economy Elite is of interest to me, but:
1. As far as I am aware AF does not operate a premium economy service to Atlanta.
2. If I try and book, the only options that appear are economy and business - no economy elite.

Anyone know anything about this please?
Old Sep 18, 2009, 1:10 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by brian1042
I looked at the Promo pages today:
http://www.flyingbluenews.com/promot...omoawards.html

The AF Europe-Atlanta Economy Elite is of interest to me, but:
1. As far as I am aware AF does not operate a premium economy service to Atlanta.
2. If I try and book, the only options that appear are economy and business - no economy elite.

Anyone know anything about this please?
"Economy Elite" isn't premium economy. It's Air France's way of charging you more miles for a standard economy seat, when the cheap mile seats have run out. Still, given the promotion they're running, it's a pretty good deal.
Old Oct 1, 2009, 6:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
I couldn't make my Promo Award booking for BHX-ORD today, so I phoned explaining that the booking website kept throwing up the message "We are unable to complete your booking for technical reasons."

When I searched the flight dates with the booking engine, there were no Promo Award seats available for the outbound flight; only the Classic Economy Award on AF was available that day. So I called, expecting at the most, booking Classic Econ outbound and Promo Biz for a total of 50,000 miles.

The telephone agent had to get supervisor authorisation to make my booking at the reduced Promo Award rate, but also also did this for the outbound flight too, which I confirmed FB account page. I can't complain about this instance of the award booking engine gone wrong, which saved my 12,500 miles
Old Oct 1, 2009, 2:03 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, AA 2.0 MM, DL Plat, Hertz Plat, LY Gold
Is anyone else having problems trying to book anything today? Everything I try gives me a "Technical Error"
Old Oct 2, 2009, 1:03 am

Programs: FB Gold
Originally Posted by damaxer91
Is anyone else having problems trying to book anything today? Everything I try gives me a "Technical Error"
From reading this thread I gather most people get this "Technical Error" message. You'll need to call the FB helpdesk, and make sure you tell them that you want to book a Promo Award if it's available for your route otherwise they'll deduct the full miles.
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:33 am

Programs: GGL
A very infrequent skyteam flyer but have 50K miles and want to book two one-ways in Europe. On the page with all the dates it says 15K for my date but when I click through all the flights are 30K. Guess I need to call them but wondered whether this simply means 30K out of your experience or could easily mean 15K as well? Thanks
Old Oct 10, 2009, 11:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by jplondon
A very infrequent skyteam flyer but have 50K miles and want to book two one-ways in Europe. On the page with all the dates it says 15K for my date but when I click through all the flights are 30K. Guess I need to call them but wondered whether this simply means 30K out of your experience or could easily mean 15K as well? Thanks
The AF award booking engine often works badly and sometimes go completely tech.
Old Oct 26, 2009, 4:39 pm

Programs: AF-Platinum for Life / LH-M&M / Radisson Rewards Platinum / IHG Gold
Hi,

I just wanted to give a "thumbs up" to a very helpful FB agent.

Tried to book a one-way Award trip CPH-CDG. Both AF and KL websites showed availability on several flights CPH-AMS-CDG with 12.500 miles. However trying to book them resulted in the dreaded "Technical error" message.

I then called the FB helpdesk, explained the problem and asked for the flights I had seen on the website. The agent proceeded the Award request quite efficiently and without any problem. And my account has been deducted with the agreed 12.500 miles. So no complain there.
Old Nov 9, 2009, 11:45 pm

Programs: TK Elite, *A Gold
I tried to book a return to US last week but of course I couldn't do it online.. I was looking at two separate tickets... I called the FB Center and they booked it for me.. One was Classic Economy Award to SFO (25000 miles) and one was Business Promo Award from ORD (25000 miles)... Both on KLM... I am all out of miles and an am not planning to use SkyTeam anymore... Taxes really hurt though... If one way was not in C class, it would have been wiser to just purchase a return ticket...
Old Nov 29, 2009, 4:40 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hey all,

Another weird one ... I was looking for two tickets to Africa, and decided to look at going in business and returning in coach, all on KLM.

The award booking tool shows normal availability in both ...

According to the award chart:
- R/T in coach = 70'000 miles (35'000 one way as shown in award tool)
- R/T in business = 140'000 miles (70'000 one way as shown in award tool)

So I select flights ... and suddenly the booking engine tells me the total for these two tickets is 250'000 miles.

I've tried all possibilities to make this add up ... but I can't. Does anyone understand the total provided by KLM?

Edit: went back to try one-way bookings ... and suddenly the availability is totally gone!

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer

Last edited by GenevaFlyer; Nov 29, 2009 at 4:46 am Reason: One way added
Old Dec 9, 2009, 8:57 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Hello,

For what O&D did you have this problem ?

Brgds,
Old Dec 9, 2009, 9:35 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi Mokshu,

This was for GVA-ADD-GVA.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:47 am

Programs: AFplat, SASsilver, LHsen
Miles shown on FB website to get award tickets are wrong

Hey, just wanted to share this joke with you guys :

1/ I go to www.airfrance.es, book an award ticket from YUL to BCN. I want the classic prime one, 50 000 miles round trip. Dec 28th to Jun 11th. Fortunatly, those 2 dates still have classic primes available. I book them, at the moment to pay, after 5 minutes filling in the datas : "a technical problem occured, please try again later"...

2/ I call the FB call center in France (being platinum), they explain me the website has some problems, it shows 25 000 classic prime for some flights, but it is not available... The girl ask me if the award ticket is for myself, I say no, she says : "oh too bad otherwise if it were for you we could get it for 50 000 because you're plat, but in this case we can't..." I say they must provide me the tickets I see on the website... answer : NO

3/ I call the FB call center in Spain, same thing...

4/ OK, then I'll book the ticket for February... I start searshing, all dates are available with 25 000 + 25 000 in February... cool !! I try to book from Feb 19th to Feb 28th.... same thing, at the moment to pay (or the page before), it says a technical problem occured....

5/ I call again the call center to get the dates in February where some "classic primes" are available... trying each date would take me hours...
Answer : "but Mister, it's the same for me, I would have to search date by date, I'm sorry I can't do it" (understand there : I don't want to do it).
Me : "i'm sorry but it's your job, if I have to fill in the first name, last name, passport number, birthdate... for each date I'll spend the day on this ...."
Answer : "yeah I know that's the way it is, bye bye"

Well, just to say I stopped to fly Air France/Skyteam for more than 6 months, got a status match from Lufthansa (booked an award ticket YUL-YVR without any problem). I had never tried to get an award ticket, but I see this is the same .... than ground/commercial/onboard service....

Thanks Air France !!!!
Old Dec 17, 2009, 3:47 pm

Programs: BA Silver, AF Silver
I've just tried to book 2 one-way flights SFO-AMS-LHR - got all the way to the extra security info questions before getting the 'Tech Error' message - should I just call FB and hope that the availability exists?

thanks
Old Dec 18, 2009, 2:39 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Kevlondon
I've just tried to book 2 one-way flights SFO-AMS-LHR - got all the way to the extra security info questions before getting the 'Tech Error' message - should I just call FB and hope that the availability exists?

thanks
You get this problem because you have Elite status and are booking a KL flights with extra availability for Elite passengers. They should be able to book your flight offline only if your travel has only 1 pax.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.