Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2010, 6:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
'There are no Air France flights on the selected route.'

Er, yes. I know.

The route is AMS-AUA and the airline is or should be KL. Dates are available, except after selecting, 'There are no Air France flights on the selected route.'

BTW, this is for dates in 2011. For 2010, there is KL availability on this KL route.
Old Jun 19, 2010, 3:09 am

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
First Succesful Award Booking Tool Experiece

Thought I'd report on my first ever succesful award booking expereince using FB award booking tool. Booked a return for next month intra asia on CZ with loads of availability and got the flights and dates I wanted. For the first time I was able to pay for the booking online without getting a 'system unavailable' msg and was also able to modify my booking online after ticket was issued with minimal complications. In the past all my award bookings have been done through the FB call center which has always been pleasant but doing it online just makes life easier.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 1:18 am

Programs: FB Platinum
advice re how award availability may open up please

Last edited by nickyboy; Jun 29, 2010 at 2:53 am Reason: phoned up...availability not on website!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi all,

Originally Posted by STelite
Thought I'd report on my first ever succesful award booking expereince using FB award booking tool. Booked a return for next month intra asia on CZ with loads of availability and got the flights and dates I wanted. For the first time I was able to pay for the booking online without getting a 'system unavailable' msg and was also able to modify my booking online after ticket was issued with minimal complications. In the past all my award bookings have been done through the FB call center which has always been pleasant but doing it online just makes life easier.
Just to add to this ... just went through a flawless booking, mixing coach and business with no issues.

Could there be actual improvements at hand?

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jul 4, 2010, 11:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Could there be actual improvements at hand?
Since end of March, indeed.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 8:45 am

Programs: WY, OW,QA
Endless loop

I am booking an award, availability looks good, etc. I get to fill in passenger details, and I get an error message that the phone number is "incorrect." It's the phone number from my FB profile, it's correct, etc. I add a "+" in front of the country code, and continue, and then we go into an endless loop, from the beginning to this screen, over and over.

I'll try again later today. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old Jul 15, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by europa13
I am booking an award, availability looks good, etc. I get to fill in passenger details, and I get an error message that the phone number is "incorrect." It's the phone number from my FB profile, it's correct, etc. I add a "+" in front of the country code, and continue, and then we go into an endless loop, from the beginning to this screen, over and over.

I'll try again later today. Any suggestions?
Hello europa13

Could you provide more details about your problem :
- which country website are you using ?
- number of digits of the phone number you are entering ?

Thanks in advance. Brgds,
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:54 am

incorrect phone number

Sure thing. I'm on the NL website. I also tried the USA site, same thing. the phone number is 11 digits, with the first 2 being the country code.

I called the FB "support center" They will cahrge me CAD$ 23, plus a DOUBLING of the amount of miles necessary vis a vis the web, if they help me do the award booking.

This is because their website is nopt working--I have to pay more. I love the way high value FFs are treated by this company!

Oh, I had to make print screens, and fax everything to the FB call center. Any bets on when/if I get a response?
Old Jul 16, 2010, 1:34 am

Sure thing. I'm on the NL website. I also tried the USA site, same thing. the phone number is 11 digits, with the first 2 being the country code.
I've done a few tries, you can enter 7 to 10 digits to validate phone number on the NL website. Maybe enter your phone without country code.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 7:09 am

Thanks

Thanks for the advice. Now it's jsut the endless loop-no more error message about the phome number. I took off the country code.

No word from the center to which I faxed the request and print screens.

Cheers!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 8:26 am

Thanks for the advice. Now it's jsut the endless loop-no more error message about the phome number. I took off the country code.
The "loop" message (return to flights selection after passengers details validation) happens on KL flights when you are trying to book Economy Classic seats.

Should be fixed by the end of next week. Problem is on Amadeus' side.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:11 pm

Loop message.

FYI, the award ticket I am trying to book is business class, and I am still getting the endless loop.

Still no word from FB North America.
Old Jul 16, 2010, 12:25 pm

add-on

Following up on the message above, I tried booking the award in Economy class---no problem and no loop.

Then immediately tried in business class. Endless loop again. I deleted the country code from the phone number, and no ther eis no error message, at least.

Any further suggestions?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 2:41 am

Availability shown but impossible to book

Hi all,

I am trying to book a single way PAR-ALA at the begining of august but get an endless loop beteween step 3.Select your flight and step 5.Passengers data.

On the 2.Select your date screen I see availabilty all the days KL409 is scheduled on AMS-ALA (Mon, Tue, Thu, Sat) . Most days the eco classic fare is 20.000 miles.

Going to step 3.Select your flight I see one ot two flights at day (depending on the day) at 20.000 miles. Then I go through step 4, and fill missing info (phone) on step 5.Passengers data and click validate.

Then the system send me back to step 3.Select your flight. It is the same for business or flex miles. I just cannot book flights shown.

I call FB yesterday at 4pm and the told me the website is not realtime regarding their database and is updated every day between 8pm and 10pm (GMT+2). They also told me thay have no availability on this route on the date I was looking for.
So going back to the website this morning I was expecting not seeing any flight any more, but they are still there, still not bookable.

Anyone has already experienced this ? Is there any trick ?
Old Jul 17, 2010, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by P_Gina
I call FB yesterday at 4pm and the told me the website is not realtime regarding their database and is updated every day between 8pm and 10pm (GMT+2).
/me laughs

As mentionned earlier, there is a problem that started on July 14th and will be solved around the 20th/21st of July that impacts :
- Elite customers only (Silver, Gold, Plat, Club 2000) ;
- booking KLM flights ;
- in Economy Classic or Business CLassic scheme only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.