Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2011, 7:30 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat 4L, VA Vel Silver, BA EC, LH M&M
Originally Posted by Atlantico
Hi guys,

I’m planning to book an award for SSG-NBO-JNB. On the website this is not possible as I need to book each segment separately. I will need to call them in order to book. Does anyone know how many miles I will be charged? As it is on the same Award Region should it be the same miles amount even if I need to change plane at NBO?

Thank you and regards,
The miles finder on the FB website says it is 25000 miles for a return flight in Economy, hence 50000 miles for a return flight in Business (classic award).
Old Jun 15, 2011, 12:35 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH, SEN, RJ Platinum, ALL Diamond, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist
I guess FB has also one way flights? Would I in that case need 25000 for an oneway flight in Business Class?
Old Jun 15, 2011, 6:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Silver going for Gold
Angry

Got ripped on a Canada-France award ticket today.

For the same exact itinerary and CoS,

Cost using my wife's DL miles: 100k DL miles + USD 176.50
Cost using my FB miles: 100k FB miles + CAD 604.02

Old Jun 20, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: KLM, United, AA, Delta
100,000 miles is what it cost for a free ticket + 540 USD, I dont have a choice.
Old Sep 13, 2011, 2:16 am

Programs: Many
It happened to me the last times I booked a classic award on AF website : when the confirmation page shows up (after payment of taxes), the ticket condition is labelled as "flex award".
Old Sep 15, 2011, 8:45 am

Programs: Many
Also, why a FB Elite Plus pax flying on an award ticket booked with his/her own account for a domestic flight is assigned a seat in the last two rows of the aircraft?

The other day, it was row 36 (in the A321).

Of course, impossible to change the seat except at the airport.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: AGR Starwood Whoever I can get points with :D
Has the web site been down lately? I haven't been able to connect the last 2 days.
Old Nov 14, 2011, 6:40 pm

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by MJLouise
Has the web site been down lately? I haven't been able to connect the last 2 days.
I can't get in to book tickets with miles, either.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 5:46 am

Programs: United MM- Marriott Titanium - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum
This site is so freaking frustrating.. let you choose flights, go thru all the process of entering personal info and then tells you that others clients have taken the available seats...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by couscous
This site is so freaking frustrating.. let you choose flights, go thru all the process of entering personal info and then tells you that others clients have taken the available seats...
And you believe that
Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:15 am

Programs: KLM, UA, EK, AA, LH, ET
KQ awards not possible ??

Since yesterday I try to book Kenya Airways awards @ Flying Blue...
There is availability but whatever date or destination I take all flights
end up in:
We are unable to complete your booking for technical reasons.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later

Are there more people who have trouble booking KQ ??

I called KLM
They can book the flight via the telephone but than I have to come to Amsterdam within 3 days to pick up the ticket.
They dont accept bookings by telephone to Africa......

Last edited by FokkerA380; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:02 pm
Old Feb 7, 2012, 7:56 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Welcome to the world of flying blue. Booking KQ awards is a pain in the a**. Get the same unable to book for technical reasons. Flying Blue call center says to send in a screen shot to report the error---but they have no e-mail. The technical support center in Canada requires that the web page be printed out and mailed into their office. Apparently they are still living in the last century. Then you have to go in person to pay-- though they have taken a credit card over the phone on occasion and issued the ticket with no problems. Sometimes the clueless agent ends up being an asset.

Finally when you get the agent to book the KQ ticket, the taxes, fuel surcharges, and other sham charges put the price of the "free" ticket very close to that of a paid ticket--and the change fee is higher on a "free" ticket than a paid one.

It is no wonder that Air France continues to lose money. Why even bother to have a rewards program if the rewards on offer are such a hassle to access?

In the meantime, be sure to write your request on a scroll and have your courier hand carry it to an office somewhere in France where a Trappist monk will be sure to reply once the next flock of pigeons comes back from their deliveries.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: KLM, UA, EK, AA, LH, ET
Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Welcome to the world of flying blue. Booking KQ awards is a pain in the a**. Get the same unable to book for technical reasons. Flying Blue call center says to send in a screen shot to report the error---but they have no e-mail. The technical support center in Canada requires that the web page be printed out and mailed into their office. Apparently they are still living in the last century. Then you have to go in person to pay-- though they have taken a credit card over the phone on occasion and issued the ticket with no problems. Sometimes the clueless agent ends up being an asset.

Finally when you get the agent to book the KQ ticket, the taxes, fuel surcharges, and other sham charges put the price of the "free" ticket very close to that of a paid ticket--and the change fee is higher on a "free" ticket than a paid one.

It is no wonder that Air France continues to lose money. Why even bother to have a rewards program if the rewards on offer are such a hassle to access?

In the meantime, be sure to write your request on a scroll and have your courier hand carry it to an office somewhere in France where a Trappist monk will be sure to reply once the next flock of pigeons comes back from their deliveries.
Thanks a lot for your info sfozrhfco. The twitter people of KLM are very helpfull and informed their IT people about it....

Im trying 3 days now to book a simple KQ flight but still the same the technical reasons problem pops up....
So lets hope they can solve the problem soon coz availability is low for the destination I wanna fly.... Yes its crazy that in this modern world . ...That when I have to book my award over the phone because FB has a technical problem that I have to travel 250 km to pay it there at the airport with my creditcard !! While online you can pay all flights to Africa with a creditcard.

Have a great day !!
Old Feb 8, 2012, 6:07 am

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Don't hold your breath. This glitch has been a problem for over a year now.
Old Feb 13, 2012, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by sfozrhfco
Don't hold your breath. This glitch has been a problem for over a year now.
Thanks sfozrhfco,
Your post, and a number of others I've read here in the Forum today, have confirmed what I already suspected: being a FB members is more headache than privilege, so I'll be putting my (and my corporate) travel budget somewhere else from now on.
Stay well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.