Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: BMI, VS, Marriott, SPG, HH*S, GoldPoints+
Tax Saving

It's just a bit inconvenient and intuitively feels a bit barking but hey, I am probably not the only person in the UK who feels resentful at being victimised by policies brought about by Government failings and bailing out banks.

There is admittedly some risk of delay to the LON - AMS but by building in sufficient time for calamity it's not particularly risky.

It almost reminds me of those mad days where you had to slop over to AMS for a Concorde NYC ticket AMS LON NYC LON . . . to buy a ticket in for not much over £1,000, Happy days. And a happier exchange rate.

Well I've done the business on the business class, now to source that ex LGW flight and a hotel.
Old Nov 5, 2010, 2:06 pm

Programs: TK*S, KF Gold, Marriot Gold, Hilton Gold
Was able to book a return flight from YYZ to MEM (1 stop on the outbound, non stop in bound) using FB miles on their website and during US thanksgiving. I got all the flights I wanted and just confirmed today, 3 weeks before thanksgiving. I thought there would be no way I would get a flight.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by STelite
Was able to book a return flight from YYZ to MEM (1 stop on the outbound, non stop in bound) using FB miles on their website and during US thanksgiving. I got all the flights I wanted and just confirmed today, 3 weeks before thanksgiving. I thought there would be no way I would get a flight.
really, was this on Delta metal? I tried YYZ to lots of US cities all through the next 10 months and nothing anywhere. Maybe delta pulled their seats since you booked.
Old Dec 2, 2010, 9:27 am

I am looking to book a trip on 26/12/2010, returning 27/12/2010.

If I search ANY UK AIRPORT > Chicago (ORD), there is no availability.
If I search AMS > Chicago (ORD), there IS availability.
If I search ANY UK AIRPORT > AMS there IS availability.

So, it seems that I can book from Amsterdam and to Amsterdam, but a connection through Amsterdam as an award is impossible.

If anyone wants to try booking ANY UK AIRPORT > PromoAward US destination I'd really appreciate to hear your results.

conrad1402
Old Dec 2, 2010, 1:41 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Originally Posted by conrad1402
I am looking to book a trip on 26/12/2010, returning 27/12/2010.

If I search ANY UK AIRPORT > Chicago (ORD), there is no availability.
If I search AMS > Chicago (ORD), there IS availability.
If I search ANY UK AIRPORT > AMS there IS availability.

So, it seems that I can book from Amsterdam and to Amsterdam, but a connection through Amsterdam as an award is impossible.

If anyone wants to try booking ANY UK AIRPORT > PromoAward US destination I'd really appreciate to hear your results.

conrad1402
This has to do with the married segment logic, i.e. even though there is availability AMS-ORD and UK-AMS, there is no fare available for UK-AMS-ORD.
Could have to do with being Christmas and many people travelling.

Gajan
Old Dec 2, 2010, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by Gajan
This has to do with the married segment logic, i.e. even though there is availability AMS-ORD and UK-AMS, there is no fare available for UK-AMS-ORD.
Could have to do with being Christmas and many people travelling.

Gajan
I see. Rather annoying.

Will probably just book return to AMS and make the connection from UK to AMS myself, it seems I'll benefit from reduced taxes this way too.

Thanks for the advice Gajan.
Old Dec 3, 2010, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
I have noticed an improvement. (Did I really mention 'improvement' in connection with FB? )

In the past, when trying to find a London connection to an ex-AMS flight leaving in the morning (e.g. KL to AUA), FB would say 'there are no flights' or similar, though ex-AMS flights were available. Of course, the connecting flights from LON would have to be the day before with an overnight in Amsterdam.

Today, I see that there are several flights the day before connecting in AMS. This is the improvement.

Unfortunately, they are all <24 hours. If I want a >24 hours connection for lower UK APD, I will still have to call.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 5:24 am

Programs: BA Gold
Booking system blocking out seats for Elite members

Was trying for days to get a Y-class booking after Christmas, availability (on Flex miles) shown but each time I get to passenger details and confirm, it bugs me out ('last places just taken...').

Here's the irony - I wanted a one way from DUB-CDG-TLS - through ticket is 20k + €90 but impossible to book online. I can however book two separate tickets but at 20+10k + €78 (this is the same tax for a cash booking - how are AF able to get away with charging more taxes on a through ticket for the same flights? The difference is in the fuel surcharge apparently, is this legal?)

I resort to the telephone (good news for me, in France - Skype = 2ct/min whereas landline is 34ct/min) and swiftly make booking and use miles too to pay for Europe taxes; plenty availability. Didn't charge me for the offline booking fee either.

Call centre^ - Website
Old Dec 23, 2010, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some partner awards out of date, when can we book for 2011?

I'm thinking particularly of the Bucuti Beach, Aruba. We had a booking there plus KL biz flights for earlier this year. Iceland intervened, we couldn't travel and we got a full refund.

Since then, I've been trying to book for 2011. I can book flights, but availability of Bucuti vouchers ended yesterday with nothing for 2011.

FB say details will be posted online when available. OK, except that the current posting is out of date, and I need to book for 2011 - not just the hotel but flights and, er, time off.

Has anybody any idea if this offer will be available in 2011 and if so, when? Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 2:01 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum | Shangri La Jade |Hilton Gold | Marriott Gold | WY gold |
Originally Posted by cfischer
Hi,

I finally went through the booking process, found some seats in July for FRA-SFO, 2xBUS , 160 000 Miles , looks o.k. ; I am going through the entire booking process (taking screenshots of everything), entering my credit card details on the payment page and submit the thing... Processing ... 'The page does not exist' empty page . Did they book it ? So far no Email confirmation, but the seats are no longer available, any suggestions what I can do to find out whether the booking went through? How long does it typically take for FB to send ETKTs?
Thanks for any advice
normally takes a few minutes to get your booking confirmed.
Old Jan 29, 2011, 10:45 am

Programs: SK Gold, ITA Executive, Sixt Diamond, Hertz PC, Avis PC, IHG Platinum
Is this married segments issue as well?

Looking into booking TIA-LCA one way. Or LCA-TIA, either would be fine.

I can get TIA-FCO and FCO-LCA with no problems, but not the whole itinerary together.

Any ideas, or shall I have to resort to calling FB call centre?

edit: same for TIA-FCO-MLA.

Last edited by jms_uk; Jan 29, 2011 at 3:47 pm
Old Mar 1, 2011, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Booking an AMS stopover outbound?

The booking engine allows me to book ex LON, changing planes in AMS to connect to longhaul destinations.

How can I book a >24 hour stopover in AMS outbound? E.g.:
  • day 1: LHR/LCY-AMS
  • day 2: AMS-XXX
  • day 10: XXX-LHR/LCY via AMS

The reason is twofold. This would allow lower (= less high) UK APD. And we could enjoy a Rijstafel on the way with the savings.

Grateful for your advice.

(I suppose I could phone, though I imagine there would be a surcharge.)
Old Apr 25, 2011, 9:15 am

Programs: FB Plat, Privium
Tried to book an award ticket on KL's website: SVO-AMS-SVO in Y. After choosing dates and flights and filling in all personal details, I get the error message returned that the requested flights are currently already taken by other persons. After this, it leads you back to the screen where you can choose flights. Other flights gave me the same error message.

I remember this bug exists for many years now, still FB is not able to get it solved. AF/KL can spend millions on brand marketing to shape it's image into their ideal one, but a lousy IT department can ruin it all.

One call to the FB helpdesk got me the ticket I was looking for.
Old May 1, 2011, 10:31 am

KLM Flying Blue service worst on market!

I am so disappointed with KLM FB service - this from someone that has been a loyal customer for over 20yrs!.

The FB website doesnt work - trying to access, modify or make any booking with award miles doesnt work. The only access number that works is the swiss nr - when I asked KLM why the numbers published on their website dont work, they couldnt answer me!!!. So, if I have a question, I have to dial international and pay the costs - the chances of me getting through to anyone in a reasonable period of time is <10%.

In short, KLM FB is not competitive, they should be ashamed of their (lack of) service. As soon as I use up my miles, am kissing goodbye to my FB FQTV membership - I will only use this airline if there is really no other alternative.
Old May 9, 2011, 8:19 am

Programs: Flying BLue
6 times higher taxes on award ticket

Hi, two weeks ago I have booked the FB award ticket MEX-SFO (through LAX) - presented taxes charge was US$ 46.72. Indeed good price, so I have purchased.
It was only the day of my flight when I have printed the electronic ticket and noticed that my CC was charged US$ 285.81! I thought that maybe I have made some mistake and actually didn't noticed the real tax costs when booking,so I have tried to do the same booking immediately just for later dates - screen clearly showed US$ 46.72 for taxes (I have saved the screen). Have sent complaint to FB and got response that US$ 285.81 was correct charge for taxes .... so. What to do? this is clear misleading of the client and lie in their system ...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.