Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award booking issues on FB website

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ashafb
We booked an open jaw ticket and tried to change the date of one of the flighhts. The Klm replied with a general answer that didn't help us, so we no-showed on the flight because we bought a new ticket (it wasn't expensive...).
Because we no-showed they cancelled the rest of our ticket which means we are in New Zealand now, without a ticket back home. We wanna start a lawsuit offcourse because they failed to inform us of the cancellation and we already paid for the ticket. Does anyone have any tips or can you tell us anything usefull about the terms and conditions????????? Thanks!!!
Unfortunately, it is a general rule for all carriers that when you no-show for a flight segment, all the remaining flight segments are cancelled. I am afraid you are out of options. You can ask for a commercial gesture, but the carrier has no obligation to extend it to you.
Old Jan 23, 2010, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Indeed, this is a general rule with all airlines that you must use the various flight segments in order. If you no-show for one segment,then all the remaining segmens are cancelled. These conditions are clearly stated and you accepted them when you purchased the ticket (award or not). Sorry but I fail to see how you would have any chance of a lawsuit for such an obvious violations of the rules.
The only hope, and a minuscule one, is to nicely call them and ask for their generosity. The only argument you could use is that you are an inexperienced flyer and did not know/understand this rule. But it is one of the best-known ticketing rule, so it will be hard to swallow.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 4:35 pm

the site is going crazy by me, and sometimes forcing me over and over again to log in.

My advice is to call either the Australian or USA number, as the +33.... (french) number have either dutch or french people picking up where my experience wasn't always rosy...
Old Jan 31, 2010, 11:58 pm

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Hello all,

Has somebody been able to book an award through the website in the last 48hrs? I have tried it several times and after selecting the flights I get a message saying "due to techical reasons you cannot book this flight".
This has happened with Classic and Flexible awards, in AF and/or KLM.
I know I can contact FB on the phone but it is much easier to do it online.
Old Feb 3, 2010, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Unhappy Welcome to the 20th century!

I wanted to redeem a non-flight award. FB online tells me I have to download a form, complete it and FAX it to France.

Fax? Who uses faxes these days?

Anyway, I duly faxed and got an e-mail - yes, e-mail - acknowledgement, including this:
Our company websites (www.airfrance.com and www.klm.com) allow our members the flexibility to update their profiles, claim missing Miles or to book an award, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
This is CR-speak for 'you should redeem via our website'. It's 2010, for heaven's sake. Wouldn't it be nice if FB could join the rest of us in the 21st century. I really would like to redeem online.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 3:34 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
You can change your award ticket online on airfrance.com if flight is eligible (with or without penalties) now.
Old Feb 8, 2010, 2:01 pm

Programs: Discretely with AA-G AFFB-C2 UA-EP LHLX-S HH-D
Originally Posted by saviox
Hello all,

Has somebody been able to book an award through the website in the last 48hrs? I have tried it several times and after selecting the flights I get a message saying "due to techical reasons you cannot book this flight".
This has happened with Classic and Flexible awards, in AF and/or KLM.
I know I can contact FB on the phone but it is much easier to do it online.

This error has become so much part of my life that I regard its regular appearance as THE reassurance that the world is still turning.
It happens more frequently than the sun rises/sets.
If it is new to you, my friend, you'd better get used to it!

Another first for AFKL.
If I didn't have reason to be fond of them, they would have lost me long time 'go. Clumsy is a kind way to describe them. Clumsy.
Old Feb 25, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Just a recent experience to share: after a number of visits on the award booking engine, I was ready to book an award flight for 120.000 miles with 4hrs layover at CDG. Upon calling FB, it turned out that I can use a later flight to CDG (non-AF operated) reducing my layover to 1h30 and that the whole trip will cost me only 65.000 miles. Sometimes it´s just worth calling, although it left me with yet another 100k miles to burn ;-)
Old Mar 17, 2010, 7:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I almost made a biz award booking LHR-CPT.

Almost, because checking the detail, the LHR-AMS leg was in Europe Select but the AMS-CPT leg was in Economy. Of course, the longhaul APD would have been charged.

Oh, well. Where's that phone number ... ?
Old Mar 30, 2010, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Silver, AF Gold, Emirates Gold
Hopw far ahead to the booking classes become available ?

Originally Posted by Roger
I almost made a biz award booking LHR-CPT.

Almost, because checking the detail, the LHR-AMS leg was in Europe Select but the AMS-CPT leg was in Economy. Of course, the longhaul APD would have been charged.

Oh, well. Where's that phone number ... ?
Well I'm trying to book LHR->CPT or LHR->JNB in First or Biz for December, and there are no flights (incl eco) for the entire month in AF and only economy with KLM. When do AF make these available, I can;t believe that the flights are all booked for December and January already
Old Mar 31, 2010, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In my case, I went on to check one-ways (LON-)AMS-CPT and -JNB and found several possibilities. At the time of the year, outbound was available but not return. It meant that we could get out with FB and choose another airline to come back using *A miles.

I then checked the outrageous 'taxes' and surcharges, compared them with THE SAME KL FLIGHTS using Delta SkyMiles and saw just what a rip off FB is.

I gave up trying with FB.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 4:06 pm

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
Can someone explain this to me? I am booking a tix from France to Canada. If I book it as a RT the taxes are about 300ish Euros total but if I book it separately (i.e. two one-ways) I am getting about 150 outbound and only 40ish return making the total close to 200 Euros. Whats causing the difference because they are the exact same itinerary. It only works to/from Canada and not to/from the US.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 5:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Catusa
Can someone explain this to me? I am booking a tix from France to Canada. If I book it as a RT the taxes are about 300ish Euros total but if I book it separately (i.e. two one-ways) I am getting about 150 outbound and only 40ish return making the total close to 200 Euros. Whats causing the difference because they are the exact same itinerary. It only works to/from Canada and not to/from the US.
If you post this a little more they might fix it ... otherwise, just accept it as a weird things with YQs and regions of the world.
Old Apr 18, 2010, 10:03 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Catusa
"It's not a bug it's a feature"

For a RT France - Canada ticket, your Poiunt of Journey Origin wil be France, making rules for taxes/surcharges to apply France-ish : surcharges is filed as a YQ : almost 180 EUR iirc.

If you split your travel, it will be considered as two one ways :
- France - Canada, French rules apply : 90 EUR YQ surcharge ;
- Canada - France, Canadian rules apply: no YQ surcharge.

And if you go for a Canada - France RT, only rules from Canada apply : no YQ surcharge.

Welcome to the wonderland of IATA rules !
Old May 2, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Suspended for 30 minutes

Logging in, I'm told that my number and PIN don't match. (They do.) After trying 3 times, I'm suspended for 30 minutes.

At least it doesn't say 'this is not possible'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.