Award booking issues on FB website

Old Nov 3, 2008, 6:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routires, PCR
Trying to book LON-AUA (Aruba) for 2 in biz for May/June 2009, I get reasonable availability at 45,000 miles each way. Clicking for flights, I get a red message telling me that there are no Air France flights on this route. Er, yes, I know. It's a KLM route. Clicking again, I can get no further.

Trying AMS-AUA, I see KL availability but on far fewer dates.

Trying dates later in the year, I see KL flights via AMS (of course) but also routes including AF. Selecting the KL options produces a valid offer.

Does this mean that I cannot book KL flights if there is no AF availabilty?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 10:44 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by Roger
Does this mean that I cannot book KL flights if there is no AF availabilty?
I was able to select dates and get through to the payment page OK.

What dates & what status are you & I can check again if you like?
Old Nov 3, 2008, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pmcg
What dates & what status are you & I can check again if you like?
Thank you for your kind offer. ^

I was looking at late May outbound and early June back. There is now no availability so I just checked early June out and mid-June back, showing as available. KL availability is shown at 45,000 each way as well as AF outbound connecting via EDI, GVA or CDG to the same AMS-AUA flights though at 60,000 each way.

I can't commit to the later dates at the moment so will put this on hold. I'm Ivory.

Thanks again for your kind gesture.
Old Dec 17, 2008, 2:45 pm

Is it actually possible to book award tickets on the Air France or KLM websites. I just continually get a page looping back, when I click on the Book an Award ticket.

https://secure.klm.com/travel/gb_en/...abt/index.htm?

I've tried different browsers, machines, deleted cookies. Anyone got any ideas or getting the same issue.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 8:20 am

Programs: FLYING BLUE
Originally Posted by abg2009
Is it actually possible to book award tickets on the Air France or KLM websites. I just continually get a page looping back, when I click on the Book an Award ticket.

I've tried different browsers, machines, deleted cookies. Anyone got any ideas or getting the same issue.
I've tried to book an award ticket and apparently it's working on AF website
Old Dec 18, 2008, 11:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by ROMEO
I've tried to book an award ticket and apparently it's working on AF website
It also works for me, but then, I usually have simple routings on AF only, either one way or round trip, avoiding any combination with KL or AZ.
Old Dec 18, 2008, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Which will explain why I couldn't book AMS-AUA because there was no AF service to AUA (Aruba) ... (I think it may be OK now, except availability in WBC for my dates is the pits.)
Old Dec 30, 2008, 4:56 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Question

I just don't get that Booking engine. Trying to find Awards in C or P from ZRH to JNB. Oubound on 29. January, inbound on 9. March.

So, if I do a search for a return flight, I choose
ZRH - JNB on AF5105 and AF990 in P and in the matrix it says 70000 miles for a classic award. JNB - ZRH on AF995 and AF5102 in C for 55000 miles. So, its 125000 miles.
But on the next page in trip overview, I suddenly have to pay 165000 miles. So I was wondering, where the extra 40000 miles come from and I looked up both flights as one-way flights.
ZRH - JNB as a one-way goes up from 70000 to 75000 after choosing the flight. JNB - ZRH stays at 55000. Taxes in all cases are the same.

So if I bother to book two one-way flights, I save 35000 miles?

I guess I'll call them right now. The IT department is definitely f%*ing up somewhere, for a long time now.
Old Dec 30, 2008, 10:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue, EuroBonus, AAdvantage,PriorityClub
Technical errors try again later

When trying to book a OSL-CUR award ticket for april 2009 with kL , I found availablity on the award booking engine only after entering the passenger details I received a message that the booking could not be completed due to technical reasons and try again later... which I did to no avail

I ended up calling the FB helpdesk and was told that I should try again later... in Jan 2009 since I was trying to book the tickets in dec 2008.

Only after telling the agent that this was the biggest load of "salad" I have ever heard I was informed that the was no availablity and she was able to find dates where there were seats available.

I think KL and AF should not only put effort in improving the booking engine but even more tell their staff that they should not come up with lame explanations.
Old Jan 1, 2009, 4:04 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK Plat, Marriott Ambassador (LP), Hilton Diamond
there is some glitch on a websit ethat is not allowing booking promo award flight hkg - europe, where europe - hkg works properly.
wierd.

i wonder when will they fix it

all the callcenters ar enot working today
tried australia, india, japan and france
Old Jan 1, 2009, 8:29 am

Programs: AF: Plat BD: Gold ICH: Plat Royal Ambassador
How about this for tax stupidity

Paris Osaka Business €174 First €138 (both on the same flight)

Can someone please explain this logic?

Last edited by typhoon; Jan 1, 2009 at 8:32 am Reason: wrong airport code
Old Jan 3, 2009, 10:02 am

Programs: BA Blue
Smile Successfully booked Promo Award by phone

Been trying to book a Promo Award (Business Class: OSL-EWR return) for the past few days via the klm web site and have continuously been getting the dreaded "For technical reasons, we are currently unable...". After reading all the posts here I was giving up hope. So I thought I would give the FB help line a try. Yes, I know the promo award conditions do state only bookable on the web and to keep trying if "technical" problems encountered. Expecting an exercise in futility I was pleasantly surprised. After explaining being unable to book online with always getting the same "For technical reasons..." message, a very helpful gentleman made my award booking over the phone. The only slight niggle was being put on hold for several minutes while he was away getting permission to be able to book the promo award by phone.

Of course wont be 100% sure until I receive the eticket receipt, which I have been told to expect within 5 days by email. So far I have been able to check the booking online using the booking ref number, and all looks in order. Also, my online FB account doesn't yet show the points debit.

So far all ^. Will update if any problems.

FYI, I called the FB call center/helpline in Norway.
Old Jan 5, 2009, 11:24 pm

I managed to book 2 roundtrip promo awards in biz for february on waw - ams - hkg flight on the phone. I called on 2nd jan, and they had some problem with booking it. told me to call back the next day but when i called back 3 h later they already had the tickets for me

FB australian call center seems to be much more proffesional than the one in canada or france.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 12:18 pm

Angry Booking Award Flight Problems

Originally Posted by abg2009

I can't help unfortunately, as I have had exactly the same difficulities. I have tried over several months at different times to book an award flight(to anywhere ) on both KLM and Air France websites. I too just get pages looping back. It is about time Flying Blue management sorted the problem. Hopefully if enough people complain it might be sorted. Of course it could be that neither Air France or KLM actually want us to use our air miles!
Any suggestions welcome.
Old Jan 6, 2009, 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by oldscotia
I can't help unfortunately, as I have had exactly the same difficulities. I have tried over several months at different times to book an award flight(to anywhere ) on both KLM and Air France websites. I too just get pages looping back. It is about time Flying Blue management sorted the problem. Hopefully if enough people complain it might be sorted. Of course it could be that neither Air France or KLM actually want us to use our air miles!
Any suggestions welcome.
my suggestion - check availability online, book on the phone.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.