Award booking issues on FB website

Old Jul 31, 2006, 1:44 pm
Suspended

Awards on NW metal were always tough to get, but this is a classis case to call the Helpdesk, cause the booking engine does not offer double connections on NW or options with a transfer time over a certain period of time...
Old Aug 4, 2006, 6:03 pm

Thanks guys!

That was smooth and easy! I dont think am gonna touch the online booking system for along time, unless they update it!

The problem is as you say:

The online award miles booking system will only try to find direct flights.
This i never experienced with FD. Using FD i always got an option to fly with an extra layover in either MSP or DTW instead of the direct flight.

should have called them along time ago.
Old Aug 4, 2006, 7:08 pm

Programs: Skyteam elite, One world Emerald
even direct flights are a hassle through the website...a couple of weeks ago I had a few hours to kill and tried to get a C class tickets AMS to tokio...nothing available in 2006!
Old Aug 7, 2006, 11:33 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Talking More award booking madness: Flying Folies!

A few months ago, they wanted over 10 Million miles for me to go ATL-RUN and back:

Now, the Flying Fools want to take away 80,000 miles and expect me to pay over $3,000 to fly NYC-LHR-NYC:

What exactly is in the water over in Ivry (or wherever)? Can I have some?
Old Aug 8, 2006, 3:02 am

Programs: KLM Plat, Hertz Gold,Priority club, Lufthansa, Mariott
Last year AMS - SEA also proved to be impossible. This was during the summer season and NW does not seem to make award tickets available during that time.

We ended up flying to YVR with a KLM MD11 (only marginally better than the DC10 NW uses to SEA)
Old Aug 8, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: FB Ivory, BD Silver, BAEC Silver, HHonors Gold, Goldpoints plus Silver
I've had that problem before, in particular when flying skyteam airlines and not AF or KL.
Please Flying Blue, do something!
Allez Flying Blue, **** vous pouvez et vous DEVEZ mieux faire!

Originally Posted by misbeehavin
A few months ago, they wanted over 10 Million miles for me to go ATL-RUN and back:

Now, the Flying Fools want to take away 80,000 miles and expect me to pay over $3,000 to fly NYC-LHR-NYC:

What exactly is in the water over in Ivry (or wherever)? Can I have some?

Last edited by JOUY31; Aug 8, 2006 at 10:30 am Reason: profanity
Old Aug 9, 2006, 5:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Talking

Originally Posted by chrissxb
I informed Frederic Babu about that error today and will see what's his answer. Will post answer here.
any response or did you get the standard FB treatment. Ignored until you go away !
Old Aug 9, 2006, 4:04 pm

Programs: FB Gold
After reading this post I had some reservations (no pun intended) about booking award flights online, but so far I am pleasantly surprised (but still paranoid). Here's why:

I was looking for 2 business-class awards from AMS-JFK and LAX-CDG in November, preferably on KL so I can collect those houses filled w/booze. I first called the FB Helpdesk, who told me there were 2 seats remaining on a KL flight to AMS-JFK. In the meantime, did searches on airfrance.fr, .us, and on klm.co.uk. All came up with the same availability.

Called back to FB helpdesk later that day to book the AMS-JFK flights, and told they were gone. Also called FB in Canada, who said the same thing. During this time, the online award booking engines were still showing availability. So I did what I thought was stupid and booked the WBC award flights online anyway on the KLM site. Double-checked that it was showing the flights as business on my connecting segments & deducted 40k miles per person, then paid the flight taxes, and done. Printed out the confirmations to show we were booked in D, and waited until today to do seat assignments.

And to my surprise, we were still in WBC, and picked our seats. The e-ticket confirmation I was emailed also confirmed we were in D.

Not the outcome I expected, but in my case it was the right outcome... so far. The award booking engine gave me & my husband seats that were not available when I phoned the UK/FR and Canadian helpdesks. But I did double and triple-check my the flight/class details before I paid for it.
Old Aug 11, 2006, 4:19 am

Programs: FB Gold, TK Miles & Smiles Elite, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by eFfeM
Last year AMS - SEA also proved to be impossible. This was during the summer season and NW does not seem to make award tickets available during that time.

We ended up flying to YVR with a KLM MD11 (only marginally better than the DC10 NW uses to SEA)
How did you do that: YVR award tickets during the summer season??
I am planning a trip end of May/June 2007. I have been checking DAILY for the past 4 months (!) or so to see how well award seats were becoming available. Up until early May the FB award booking engine showed both WBC and coach award seats available at normal mileage rate for virtually every flight. Now the period that we want to travel has come up, and there is absolutely no availability whatsoever. I could phone the FB desk - have done so many times in the past - but I know I will only be told that the seats have not YET become available. What a lot of Flying Poo. I also refuse to travel to YVR with a stop-over: I don't want to fly any other airline to YVR but KLM direct.

Rebooked our 2006 summer flights yesterday from AC to KL as I don't want to be faced with having to put our expensive camera gear in the hold (would originally fly via LHR). So just adding more miles to our accounts with no possibility whatsoever to burn 'em.......
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:20 am

Programs: liyfrsdjm
Angry

Originally Posted by AshleyB
I just booked an award ticket from Paris to Jakarta on the FP website. It offered me an award on KLM for the dates I want for 110,000 miles. I accepted and booked the ticket and paid the taxes. The reservation confirmed though shows the flights in Economy!!?? What is going on here? Does anyone have experience of this? I will call FB when they open!
Ever tried to call Flying Blue?? Don't even think of it. It ruins your day! I've just spent 2 hours calling them and never getting anywhere exept for a high telephone bill. You don't get through.
It is also impossible to book online, especially the "special offer" for the flight to Cheng Du (China) from Amsterdam.

I have tried many times to book a flight with my 100.000 miles, with no result. There aren't any. I is simply not possible. And even if one would agree to have any flight, anywhere, anytime, it is not possible. I am afraid those miles are not of any value.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 6:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by linnegoed
Ever tried to call Flying Blue?? Don't even think of it. It ruins your day! I've just spent 2 hours calling them and never getting anywhere exept for a high telephone bill. You don't get through.

(...)

I have tried many times to book a flight with my 100.000 miles, with no result. There aren't any. I is simply not possible. And even if one would agree to have any flight, anywhere, anytime, it is not possible. I am afraid those miles are not of any value.
welcome on FlyerTalk

I just came home from a award trip (F) to JFK which I booked within 5 minutes on the phone, calling the Paris reservation center.
Old Aug 23, 2006, 9:55 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by chrissxb
welcome on FlyerTalk

I just came home from a award trip (F) to JFK which I booked within 5 minutes on the phone, calling the Paris reservation center.
Same for me, with two (wife and I) TLS/Shanghai-HKG/TLS in august... Last winter it was 2 TLS/HAB and way back (for Christmas week...). The only caution was to book this 4 months in advance, and the booking was done in 5 minutes (well... let's say 10...) by phone, with choice of seat in the same time...
Old Aug 26, 2006, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
How do you book a multi-destination trip? I click on the multi-destination link on the award booking engine but it doesn't allow me to make such a booking?

I want to book AMS-CDG, stop for a day, then CDG-BOM, then return. Is that possible on the web?

I tried calling, but they say there is no availability for the CDG-BOM even though the web has availability if I try to book a CDG-BOM roundtrip. The agent said the web can sometimes get seats that they cannot get.
Old Sep 5, 2006, 4:35 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb
Help help!!!! i don't have enough miles to book online an award from NYC to MRU... the booking engine asks me:

Economy Class From 10 024 999 Miles

i tried at different dates, and i got a discount in Economy class: 9 999 999 miles! strangely, with these new dates in november, i get a reasonable offer in C, 110000 miles in webawards (170000 normally). this is quite a good price, since it also includes a stopover in Paris.

Last edited by ranskis; Sep 5, 2006 at 4:41 am
Old Sep 15, 2006, 2:41 am

Location: Previously Leeds, England - now Chicago USA (KLM/AF - Lifetime Platinum)
FYI, there are still some glitches on the Award booking site. I've briefly mentioned this in another thread on the KLM Flying Dutchman board, but thought I'd mention here too, just for info.

I had a "C" award booking for Manchester UK to Hong Kong for next month with KL outbound and AF return. I had to change my return date from HKG, and unfortunately the FB agent on the phone told me there was no "C" award availability on my new return date. So I'm booked back in "Y" on KLM (and got the 20,000 miles difference between C and Y refunded).

BUT... the award booking tool did show "C" award availabilty coming back on the day I wanted, and I called FB back 3-4 times about this. The agents kept saying "No, there isn't "C" award availabilty". On the last occasion the agent said to try booking it online and if I got the C booking, they'd adjust my miles and taxes. All the way through the booking it showed Business Class (for 55K miles and not the normal 60K)... until I actually booked, when the confirmation showed the booking in Economy <sigh>. I called FB straight back, and we eventually cut through the confusion to cancel this erroneous booking as this agent said the booking tool was causing some problems and was being repaired. Ha, if only they'd told me that before. But a week later, the award booking tool is *still* showing "C" award availability from HKG to MAN on 20 Oct for the incorrect 55K miles!

Sorry for the long explanation, but just thought it might be helpful to stress that the award booking tool still seems to be inaccurate/misleading for some routings. So DO double check after you've booked online!

KG

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.