Search

problems with FB bookings but surprise

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2010, 12:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: SEN, Platinum Ambassador PC
Wink problems with FB bookings but surprise

Hello Everyone !

I just want to say that I was looking for a award ticket into the klm.ch or airfrance.ch FB and from July to December 2010, they sistem ofert me one way ticket from ZRH-AMS-MEX for 12,500 miles, and I was sure that there is a tecnical problems with the FB website. So, I try many days and I got the same.

On Monday I called FB and I inform them above the situation and I talk with a nice lady at the phone and she say that she will inform to te tecnical people for to try to fix these problems and also she confirm that I need for one way ticket 25,000, and I say, that is true...!

And in the same time we talk above these tecnical problem, she say at the end that if I do the ticket and the sistem acept these 12,500 miles, FB will respect these ticket becuse is a FB tecnical problems, also she say that " Mr. XXX why you dont try to go to the end of the reservation and see what happening and I say, maybe but I prefer to wait.

Yesterday, I try again to looking for my ticket and it was the same situation, just KLM flghts ZRH-AMS-MEX from july to december for 12,500 miles, so I did a ticket and when untill the payment to see if the sistem accept my booking and the total miles one way for 12,500 ( other times normally at the payment I get a " error " and they say in red letter that is not possible to do that ), so I wrote all my details, confirm flght, etc and payment details and suprise:

the sistem FB accept my ticket for 12,500 miles one way for ZRH-AMS-MEX in November, so I got the ticket nummer, confirmation, etc, seat selecction, etc. and I was so surprise.

So, I called FB becuse I think that I have to be honest with them and I talk with a lady at the phone and I say all I did, also I say that a few days ago I called someone FB to inform above the tecnical problem and I say that I know that I need 25,000 miles for one way and not 12,500 miles ans she confirm that all is true but she say:

MR.XXX I see your reservation confirm, also I see your ticket nummber and the sistem make a mistake and FB accept these mistake, you can keep your ticket for 12,500 miles for November 2010 or if you want to cancel, I can do for you for free and I will give you now yours miles back and also the taxes into your credit card.

I was so surprise becuse I never see something like that..!!!! She say that FB accept the mistake charge miles and she make me two oferts and I say, I did these ticket becuse I want to show you that your FB sistem have tecnical problems lady and also I want to be honest with FB, so I cancelled my ticket and less the two minutes, I saw again my miles in my FB acount.

So, What do you think ? A few people here say that it was not possible to do that or say that after the FB contact the person to inform that they will deduct the extra miles but in my experience is not the same and I can confirm all that.

Any comments ?
Old May 5, 2010, 4:00 am

Programs: AF Plat a vie, EK Gold, SQ PPS
There is currently a promo award with FB to MEX which is 12,500 one-way but that is until the end of June. Sometimes funny things show up initially on the FB site but don't "pan-out" at the end. BUT WHY, are you so concerned about showing AF their errors?!
Old May 5, 2010, 6:08 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
Originally Posted by Catusa
BUT WHY, are you so concerned about showing AF their errors?!
Yeah, why ?
Old May 5, 2010, 7:07 am

Programs: LH FTL, HH ♢, HGP P, Accor P
+1 why??
Old May 5, 2010, 9:22 am

Programs: FB Platinum for Life; BAEC Gold Guest List; Accor Gold.
I admire and respect your decency and honesty, ZUG2007 - really! (^ + :-::-::-

But will the folks at Flying Blue show appropriate respect and gratitude? ()

If I were in the chain, I would suggest a "Goodwill Bonus" of (say) 12,500 miles. ()

Please do let us know if anything like this happens ... I think it would go down well with many on this forum if FB took this opportunity to demonstrate their gratitude and (once-famous) generosity!

-- Henry
Old May 5, 2010, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
There is indeed a promotion for 12,500 until end of June and maybe the system knows that it will be prolonged.
That being said, I woud worry about an AF ex-post correction if that is indeed a system mistake.
Old May 5, 2010, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by FlyinDutchman
+1 why??
+1 sounds like a really bad idea

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.