Award booking issues on FB website

Old Apr 21, 2007, 7:32 am

Programs: klm pe
Dreadful availability calendar

has anyone EVER got a result out of that availability calendar.... it drives me mad... it gives you available dates and then when you try to book them they are gone...
Old Apr 21, 2007, 10:36 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
i had the same problem. i eventually gave up and called FB to book award tickets. I also sent them emails to report the problem, and got a typical "thank you for your message" reply. the problem still remaining...
Old Apr 22, 2007, 7:27 am

It seems like I cannot get any KL flight anywhere over the past week or so. Any ideas why?
Old Apr 24, 2007, 1:47 am

Award booking tool

Does anyone else have positive or negative experiences with this award booking tool? I wonder for which destinations it works or doesnot work
Old Apr 24, 2007, 2:42 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Eric85283
Does anyone else have positive or negative experiences with this award booking tool? I wonder for which destinations it works or doesnot work
In my personal experience, no problem with simple one way or two way routings between CDG/ORY and JFK, CAI, FCO, ATH, LIS, NCE, UIP, MAD, and between AMS and MAD, using standard miles or open miles, standard awards or web awards on AF and KL, usually for two people, in Tempo, L'Espace Affaires and l'Espace Premiere, or KL Economy. The booking engine gave me possible itineraries on AF, KL, AZ and OK. Getting two premium cabin seats on the same flight usually requires more flexibility in your travel dates.

Last edited by JOUY31; Apr 24, 2007 at 2:47 am
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:18 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by JOUY31
In my personal experience, no problem with simple one way or two way routings between CDG/ORY and JFK, CAI, FCO, ATH, LIS, NCE, UIP, MAD, and between AMS and MAD, using standard miles or open miles, standard awards or web awards on AF and KL, usually for two people, in Tempo, L'Espace Affaires and l'Espace Premiere, or KL Economy. The booking engine gave me possible itineraries on AF, KL, AZ and OK. Getting two premium cabin seats on the same flight usually requires more flexibility in your travel dates.
You know at what point I hate to disagree with you, JOUY31, but on this one... ; my awards are mostly to Asian routes more rarely Americans ; next for July will be BOM ; last ones were PVG, return HKG ; TLS-HAV ; this was for two people ; I was never able to accomodate this through the Website, except if I was ready to use maxi-miles ; arranged it easily by phone (the one for next summer was somewhat touchy, and arrranged with FB desk at Shipol lounge).

Through former KLM website, I easily arranged flights to DEL, JFK, BKK, CGK. An award with AF at same period to SFO was to be booked by phone with F+.

A point to possibly explain differences : Ms Pinkcity is a teacher, I always need to fly in high periods, late july and Christmas week ; and I recognize that local (ORY for me) or Europe (arranged very easily one to MXP or FCO) are more easy...

Let's add that flying from TLS I have one more problem finding availability on the first leg also ; I have sometimes be obliged to arranage this leg separately, with a risk in case of delay...

Last edited by pinkcity; Apr 24, 2007 at 3:24 am
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:43 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by pinkcity
You know at what point I hate to disagree with you, JOUY31, but on this one... ; my awards are mostly to Asian routes more rarely Americans ; next for July will be BOM ; last ones were PVG, return HKG ; TLS-HAV ; this was for two people ; I was never able to accomodate this through the Website, except if I was ready to use maxi-miles ; arranged it easily by phone (the one for next summer was somewhat touchy, and arrranged with FB desk at Shipol lounge).

Through former KLM website, I easily arranged flights to DEL, JFK, BKK, CGK. An award with AF at same period to SFO was to be booked by phone with F+.

A point to possibly explain differences : Ms Pinkcity is a teacher, I always need to fly in high periods, late july and Christmas week ; and I recognize that local (ORY for me) or Europe (arranged very easily one to MXP or FCO) are more easy...

Let's add that flying from TLS I have one more problem finding availability on the first leg also ; I have sometimes be obliged to arranage this leg separately, with a risk in case of delay...
I agree that experience can vary. I was only relating my past actual award bookings on the web site, which included only two long-haul destinations. Medium-haul flights are usually easier. My last two award bookings to ATH around Easter for both Catholics and Orthodox gave me a limited choice of flights. I also had to book them in l'Espace Affaires (no problem with my co-traveller ) and the booking engine even allowed me an overdraft of 6K miles (I know, I have used to many miles recently ). Choosing the flights to CAI was more tricky as the booking engine always gave me the connecting flights to CAI via AMS at the dates I required, and at ungodly hours, instead of the AF non-stop.

So this was definitely not an overall vision of the award booking engine, but just my personal experience. About the separate leg booking, I had to do the same on BA, flying F to MCT, but having to book CDG-LHR in Y and LHR-CDG in J on separate bookings, which did not come out cheap in miles.
Old Apr 24, 2007, 3:53 am

Programs: Flying blue plat, Aerop,Accor, Priority Club
Originally Posted by JOUY31
I agree that experience can vary. I was only relating my past actual award bookings on the web site, which included only two long-haul destinations. Medium-haul flights are usually easier. My last two award bookings to ATH around Easter for both Catholics and Orthodox gave me a limited choice of flights. I also had to book them in l'Espace Affaires (no problem with my co-traveller ) and the booking engine even allowed me an overdraft of 6K miles (I know, I have used to many miles recently ). Choosing the flights to CAI was more tricky as the booking engine always gave me the connecting flights to CAI via AMS at the dates I required, and at ungodly hours, instead of the AF non-stop.

So this was definitely not an overall vision of the award booking engine, but just my personal experience. About the separate leg booking, I had to do the same on BA, flying F to MCT, but having to book CDG-LHR in Y and LHR-CDG in J on separate bookings, which did not come out cheap in miles.
I'm not rich enough in miles to afford two networks, my experiences come only from AF and KL before and after merging... Booking a separately a leg was sometimes a necessity for all of them, and yes, it's costy...

I'll add that on my experience in all of these, sunny and popular destinations in long haul flights should be booked 5 months in advance else you should be in trouble... I booked BOM in February for july, and it wasn't easy, only business was available for way back... the 14th August, though... And it was with direct discussion at FB desk in Schipol, the attendant had to work, website showed no availability two hours before...
Old May 10, 2007, 9:16 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Smile Some good news for a change

Hi all,

For a change, I thought it would be time for some good news about the award tool.

I'm planning to go to Washington DC from Geneva in July. I looked on the award booking tool, and found plenty of availability for my exact dates ....

As I did not yet want to issue the ticket, I decided to call the Flying Blue reservations desk. On my GVA - IAD flight, they could only find GVA - BOD - CDG - IAD. For the return, no availability whatsoever.

So I said, 'Thank you, but no thank you' and went back to the booking tool. Got the exact flights I wanted on the exact dates I wanted, and no silly detour through Bordeaux (even though they make good wine).

It's the second time that I have this experience where the booking tool is better than phone reservations. (It was the opposite a few months ago, but I can live with this situation).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old May 28, 2007, 8:32 am

Programs: QF, SQ
i thought i was the only one unable to book ANY flights to anywhere i need to travel. I have had to fly LHR-KUL over the last few months and after numerous emails/letters to FBlue - I finally got some of my MAS flights credited and to my shock and horror - i got the tiniest of rewards for full Y and C class tickets... (after all that effort - it was worth virtually nothing and i have lost my Elite Status despite the number of flights on MAS).

Anyway - i have decided to stop using my FBlue once and for all and have gone back to Star Alliance...

So - I have 200,000 miles to use up and I have just spent 3 evenings trying to book flights for LHR-KUL and nothing for the 10 months. I then tried LHR-SIN - same. LHR-BKK and LHR-HKG - same....

I give up...

Should I just call FBlue and get them to get me a return ticket on MAS LHR-KUL in First Class and be done with them forever???
Old Jun 20, 2007, 5:24 am

Programs: FB Elite, MilleMiglia
Angry

Originally Posted by Malaysian16
i thought i was the only one unable to book ANY flights to anywhere i need to travel. I have had to fly LHR-KUL over the last few months and after numerous emails/letters to FBlue - I finally got some of my MAS flights credited and to my shock and horror - i got the tiniest of rewards for full Y and C class tickets... (after all that effort - it was worth virtually nothing and i have lost my Elite Status despite the number of flights on MAS).

Anyway - i have decided to stop using my FBlue once and for all and have gone back to Star Alliance...

So - I have 200,000 miles to use up and I have just spent 3 evenings trying to book flights for LHR-KUL and nothing for the 10 months. I then tried LHR-SIN - same. LHR-BKK and LHR-HKG - same....

I give up...

Should I just call FBlue and get them to get me a return ticket on MAS LHR-KUL in First Class and be done with them forever???
Same here. I was trying to book an award, but couldn't get through, so I called the FB office. The funny part of the story is that the promotion NGO-Europe(MXP in my case) for half the miles is only available through the "always unable to make a reservation" site. So I wonder why is it for, or what else should I try.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 7:20 am
PJK

Programs: KL/AF FB Plat, Hilton Silver, La Quinta Gold
Originally Posted by GenevaFlyer
Hi all,

For a change, I thought it would be time for some good news about the award tool.

I'm planning to go to Washington DC from Geneva in July. I looked on the award booking tool, and found plenty of availability for my exact dates ....

As I did not yet want to issue the ticket, I decided to call the Flying Blue reservations desk. On my GVA - IAD flight, they could only find GVA - BOD - CDG - IAD. For the return, no availability whatsoever.

So I said, 'Thank you, but no thank you' and went back to the booking tool. Got the exact flights I wanted on the exact dates I wanted, and no silly detour through Bordeaux (even though they make good wine).

It's the second time that I have this experience where the booking tool is better than phone reservations. (It was the opposite a few months ago, but I can live with this situation).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
If, as a FB Plat, you click the "FB member is one of the passengers" on the booking tool, you will get more availibility (try unchecking it). If you call in, specify you are platinum and they look for availibility with your number entered and status regognised. It might make a difference.

I wonder how this reflects in booking classes on the specific flights though. What the available buckets have to do with getting on a flight as a Plat when you otherwise would not get an award...
Old Jun 20, 2007, 9:23 am

Programs: LX HON, Radisson Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Malaysian16

I give up...
I'm flying ZRH-CDG-HKG-MEL on July 25th and back on August 6th. For both dates the availability for Awardtickets on ZRH-HKG resp. HKG-ZRH was wide open. So I got my upgrade to FC. According to Seatguru the other three seats in FC are still available.

Maybe you should lookup only the part from AMS and not starting in LHR?

Just my 2 cents
Old Jun 26, 2007, 4:39 am

Programs: FB Elite, MilleMiglia
Angry

Originally Posted by PJK
If, as a FB Plat, you click the "FB member is one of the passengers" on the booking tool, you will get more availibility (try unchecking it). If you call in, specify you are platinum and they look for availibility with your number entered and status regognised. It might make a difference.

I wonder how this reflects in booking classes on the specific flights though. What the available buckets have to do with getting on a flight as a Plat when you otherwise would not get an award...
Hi!

You know, I've tried this, I also tried at different days, time, weekends, but it doesnt work. And the reply I got is that I gotta call to US office. That's ridiculous since I live in Japan, plus this promotion is for Japan, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on the phone just updating US office of the problem and tell them the whole story when it should be easily done by Japan Office.
Any ideas?
I'd really appreciate it.
Old Jun 27, 2007, 6:15 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by BlueSkiesFlyer
I don't want to spend a lot of money on the phone
Any ideas?
Use Skype.

And welcome to FT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.