Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jun 21, 2005, 7:54 am

Programs: FB Gold
Question datta55

Originally Posted by Volvic

My 563 bonus miles are now gone from the online statement.
Now I can see the past months activities flight by flight and since April they are based on standard FD, in May on FP rules even if I not used such a card and in June they are following FB rules.
i thought FD literature clearly said FB cards / terms will apply from 6th June '05. My award miles for May '05 flights have been reduced by 25% bonus miles, i.e. I recd. FB 75% instead of FD 100%. Any idea how to claim the balance 25%?
Old Jun 24, 2005, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Alaska Air

Originally Posted by Richelieu
5. Mileage earning with airlines partners

The AF charts says that some fares may not be eligible for mileage earnings with partners. In any case, it's not status miles.

The standard rule is 100% in Economy, 150% for Business, and a minimum of 750 miles. This applies to:
  • Air Alps, except that W, N, G and V fares are excluded
  • Air Europa only in C, D, R, Y, M, B, K, W, X, O, U, V fares
  • Air Calin, except between Wallis and Futuna
  • Alaska Airlines
  • Comair, except you only earn on South African domestic routes and X and U fares are excluded
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446589

KLM seems not to be anymore being Alaska Air Partner. What about Alaska? not a FlyingBlue Partner anymore?
Old Jun 25, 2005, 9:10 pm

Programs: KLM PE, United 1K
Originally Posted by chrissxb
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=446589

KLM seems not to be anymore being Alaska Air Partner. What about Alaska? not a FlyingBlue Partner anymore?
Unfortunately it seems so :-( I am extremely disappointed - I live in Seattle (Alaska hub) and used to fly quite a lot with Alaska. Looks like yet another reason to switch to NWP?
Old Jun 26, 2005, 1:00 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Sorry if this has been asked before.

I was told before (right before official FB was launched) that US Domestic Flights are considered Level Flight Segments.

However, on the current flight magazines on AF, it says "SkyTeam INTERNATIONAL Flights."

Please help confirm if US Domestic Flights are considered Level Flight Segments.
Old Jun 29, 2005, 5:48 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
KQ free upgrades

Originally Posted by Richelieu

4. Mileage earning with other Skyteam members

The minimum mileage is 750. Usually, you earn 100% in Economy and 150% in Business, with the following exceptions:
  • NW and Kenya Airways D and W fares are excluded, V only earns 25%, and free upgrades for elites
Hey! Should I understand that KQ provides free space-available upgrades to Elite much in the same way as US airlines do? Does it apply to long-haul flights as well? Given the quality of their biz product, that would be a HUGE benefit!

Where did you get that information by the way?
Old Jun 29, 2005, 8:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by albireo
Hey! Should I understand that KQ provides free space-available upgrades to Elite much in the same way as US airlines do?
To the best of my knowledge they do not. I have never been upgraded on KQ, nor have I ever noticed any obviously upgraded pax when flying in C. I have on occasion shared the C cabin with only three or four pax, whilst Y was more or less full.

Johan
Old Jun 30, 2005, 4:26 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
At last, they have updated the miles accrual table on airfrance.fr, with all the restrictions in L, N, etc.

IT'S NOW OFFICIAL, SEVERAL WEEKS AFTER THE LAUNCH OF FB!
Old Jun 30, 2005, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
At last, they have updated the miles accrual table on airfrance.fr, with all the restrictions in L, N, etc.

did they update the booking engines, too?
would be pretty nice to know about mileage when you book low fares ...
Old Jul 1, 2005, 4:33 am

Programs: AF/KL FB Plat ; A3 Gold ; HH Gold ; IHG Plat Amb

they haven't updated everything yet... NW earns 100% all the time. But it seems that the conclusion is still "if you want to get miles, fly cheap with our competitors" be DL, OK or AZ

does someone confirm that KL E-fare that were banned from earning miles before june 6th now earns 100%? i thought it would earn only 25% like N.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:04 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Exclamation classe A : no miles

<C. Long-haul flights

Same as European flights, except the earnings are 150% for Alize (premium Economy on COI routes) and Affaires, and 300% in Première (First).>

I have bought an Alize ticket from Paris to Punta Cana, in classe A, and I found, on the AF site that it is now excluded for earning miles!
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:16 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Alizé is booked in S class. A class is for award tickets in l'Espace Première.

You will definitely earn miles for revenue tickets in Alizé class.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 12:52 am

Originally Posted by leonleonb
I have bought an Alize ticket from Paris to Punta Cana, in classe A, and I found, on the AF site that it is now excluded for earning miles!
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Alizé is booked in S class. A class is for award tickets in l'Espace Première.
I admit this is confusing. A is used for l'Espace Première on international routes with First. A is also used for COI routes: these flights don't have a First cabin and A stands for "discounted Alizé".

I don't know if they have fixed this but last year, some booking engines priced ORY-RUN tickets at about 1,400 EUR in 'First'. The booking engines mistook A for First, traditionally used by many airlines for discounted First.

No flat bed and no Guy Martin menu a la Le Grand Véfour.... but a nice 'rhum arrangé' pre flight cocktail and the opportunity to seat in a more comfy cabin (coach is really horrible on COI routes).

I don't see why A Alizee wouldn't get miles. A is to S what Z is to J (follow me? )

Last edited by Falco Peregrinus; Jul 2, 2005 at 11:58 am Reason: linked Le Grand Véfour... ;-)
Old Jul 2, 2005, 3:31 am
tlr

Programs: AF/KL Dark Grey, LH SEN

Well, except that the remark << Sont exclues de l'accumulation les classes de réservation A, O, E, X et N. >> is confusing at best, and actually contradicts the table above... For which kinds of flights does that apply? Long-haul? Inner-European? Domestic?

(Just wondering about these two inner-European E class segments on AF for which I still haven't seen any miles...)

Can anyone here clarify this?
Old Jul 2, 2005, 5:56 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Alize class A

Originally Posted by tlr
Well, except that the remark << Sont exclues de l'accumulation les classes de réservation A, O, E, X et N. >> is confusing at best, and actually contradicts the table above... For which kinds of flights does that apply? Long-haul? Inner-European? Domestic?

(Just wondering about these two inner-European E class segments on AF for which I still haven't seen any miles...)

Can anyone here clarify this?
I have phoned to Flying blue club and they told me that A is a code for prime tickets, except on caribbean flights where A is used for Alize class.
But I have no paper for that; they say they will transmit my request to internet webmaster.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by tlr
Given this apparent contradiction, I assume that the above sentence only refers to long-haul. Since E domestic and N medium haul do earn miles, the restriction can only refer to long-haul.
Originally Posted by tlr
I bet they will earn miles. See my comments on the N vs. E dilemna here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.