Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jul 9, 2006, 5:59 am
KRS

A couple of questions

Sorry if this has been answered many times before, but I had a hard time getting the search function to work today, and I though some might be interested in my story.

1. Does FB credit miles for the original itinerary if one is rebooked on another carrier?
On Friday I was flying SVG-AMS-LHR on KL. Upon arriving at the airport the AMS flight was already 15 minutes delayed meaning my connection in AMS might be in danger. I went to the gate to inquire about any possible emergency exit seats, but was instead given a new boarding card for SVG-LHR on SK and a TCV (transportation credit voucher) for EUR230. Considering the SK flight lands at LHR about two hours ahead of my planned flight and my original ticket cost around USD300 I was quite pleased and accepted with a smile. In retrospect though it occurred to me that airlines always try to get away with as little compensation as possible. I believe my KL flight AMS-LHR is the last on of the day as well. Could I possibly have gotten anything more out of this situation if I had tried? Any thoughts?

2. Is it possible to get access to the lounges without the FB card? e.g. do I need a fax from FB documenting my status, or can the lounge dragons lookup my profile. For me the question applies to AMS longes and Holideck at LHR T4. Also, the two segments mentioned above are the ones that would give me 30 segments this year and FB Gold.
Old Jul 12, 2006, 9:44 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Just saw this in post #2:

The two last levels also gives various upgrades with hotel chains (good if available), and "free membership" with their loyalty programs (most of which are free or given to anyone who cares to join). Interesting to note:

* Upgrade at Sofitel, Radisson, NH
* Intercontinental Ambassador (~ 150 dollars value)[color=red]
* [color=red]Meridien Moments Gold
* 15% rebate at Hertz, with upgrade if avalaible
* Upgrade at Sixt if available
I just want to add that all FB Gold card holders are not only eligible to get an upgrade when renting with Sixt but can also apply for the Sixt Plat card and will get 30% discount on all discountable rates. All FB Plat card holders can apply for Sixt Plat card as well and will get 40% discount on all discountable rates.

Probably you want to update this in post #2.

Cheers
totti
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:26 pm

Flying Blue is a total disappointment

I was a loyal customer of Frequence Blue and considered it the best FF around. All this changed when they hooked up with KLM to create Flying Blue.

With Flying Blue and my gold card my bonus miles dropped from 100% to 75%.

G and U fares have dropped from 100% mileage to 50%.

L fares have dropped from 100% mileage to 25%.

On top of that Air France's old FF telephone number, which cost a local call and where you could always find a helpful person, has now been replaced with a FB pay telephone number at a cost to the caller of 20 cents minute (part of which stays in FB's pocket). When you dial the number, all there is is a recording telling you to go to their website, which is where you get the number in the first place.There is no way to speak to a real person here in Italy.

Then, when you write a letter of complaint to their email address, the reply is usually not even pertinent to the complaint and if you press the reply button to ask for more clarifications, the email comes back to you as non-deliverable.
So much for communication!

With the decrease in benefits and a customer service department that is non-existent, I think it is time to look for another FF program. Any suggestions? I take about 5 transatlantic flights a year in economy class and am on a budget.

Christina
(in Italy)

Originally Posted by dctorres
Now that Flying Blue is upon us, I thought it would be appropriate to have an official thread with official information (no heresay please) on the new program that will help us all with the transition.

If possible, please try to keep such information here rather than in a new thread.

Thanks,

Derek
AF Moderator
Old Jul 25, 2006, 2:37 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by christina starr bonacossa
I was a loyal customer of Frequence Plus and considered it the best FF around. All this changed when they hooked up with KLM to create Flying Blue.

With Flying Blue and my gold card my bonus miles dropped from 100% to 75%.
True for US based F+ Rouge customers.

G and U fares have dropped from 100% mileage to 50%.
Unless I am mistaken, G used to earn 0 miles. No idea about U, though.

L fares have dropped from 100% mileage to 25%.
True. As well as for N intra-European.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 1:33 am

Programs: flying blue
Could someone explains me why the status miles is the same as the Miles - Prime?
Am I booked on a very cheap fare?

Solde Miles-Prime: 100.719 Statut actuel: Silver

Solde Miles-Statut: 35.183

Date Oprations Miles-Prime Miles-Statut

BONUS DE MILES SPECIAL CLUB 2.173 0
AFR 134 PAR BOM Y 4.346 4.346
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:17 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by concorde111
Could someone explains me why the status miles is the same as the Miles - Prime?
Am I booked on a very cheap fare?

Solde Miles-Prime: 100.719 Statut actuel: Silver

Solde Miles-Statut: 35.183

Date Oprations Miles-Prime Miles-Statut

BONUS DE MILES SPECIAL CLUB 2.173 0
AFR 134 PAR BOM Y 4.346 4.346
Bonus miles do not count as status miles but only award miles.
Old Aug 21, 2006, 10:32 am

How many miles (100 % or 25%) for a US domestic code-shared flight booked a L-class ?

If I book, on AF, a CDG-CVG-SFO in L-class, I know that the CDG-CVG will earn 25 % miles, BUT what about the domestic segment CVG-SFO booked under AF code-shared flight ? 100 % miles or still 25 % ?

Anyone has experienced this ?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 2:33 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
I can't see this question anywhere and customer service is useless!
My son would like to gift me 100,000 KLM miles. Is this allowed?
Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by braefoot
I can't see this question anywhere and customer service is useless!
My son would like to gift me 100,000 KLM miles. Is this allowed?
Thanks in advance.
Miles may not be transferred but your son can book an award ticket for you using his miles.
Old Oct 6, 2006, 8:58 am

Programs: Mucci Diamond Hairbrush.
Smile

Originally Posted by Klm is Dead - Long Live KLM
Miles may not be transferred but your son can book an award ticket for you using his miles.

Thank you for your reply. Now I have 117,000 miles and need some more about 8,000 for 1st class return.
Can I buy some more?
Old Dec 5, 2006, 11:23 am

Programs: LH, FB Silver, Onepass, Europcar PP
official FB website

I remember there was an official flying blue website which actually was set up quite nicely. There was no need to go through any AF website. Either I just can't remember the webadress or the site has ben closed. Does anyone know th adress??
Old Dec 6, 2006, 1:15 am
G_G
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK E+
Originally Posted by WombatWi
I remember there was an official flying blue website which actually was set up quite nicely. There was no need to go through any AF website. Either I just can't remember the webadress or the site has ben closed. Does anyone know th adress??
it was : http://www.flying-blue.com and it seems to be closed now
Old Dec 6, 2006, 6:27 am

Programs: Worldperks Elite
first-timer questions

Hi,

These may be stupid questions but I have been unable to get clear answer from the KLM website or any other source so patience please.

I'm currently a Worldperks elite member (formerly based in Canada so NW worldperks made sense) but have relocated to Kuwait and am thinking of transferring to FB as the bulk of our travel will be on KLM/AF. Once we have the first year under our belts my wife and daughter will easily have enough miles to qualify for elite status and I should have enough for gold and potentially platinum.

Now for the stupid questions:

1. With worldperks, level miles earned in the current year (up to Dec 31) upgrade you automatically to the next level during the earning year and qualify you for status in the following year - i.e. 25,000 miles in 2006 give you elite status once earned in 2006 and elite status for the 2007 program year. Is this true also of FB?

2. The more important stupid question - is there any real value in transferring from Worldperks to FB and are my level miles portable? Will I retain my elite status from worldperks once I've transferred to FB.

Thanks for any assistance/advice.
Old Dec 6, 2006, 10:19 pm

Welcome, and I very much hope that you are aware of what your nickname means in modern Greek (as opposed to classical)! As for your questions, #1 you're correct in your assumptions, #2 I can't really give you a solid answer, so I refrain from doing so.
Old Dec 9, 2006, 4:56 am

Programs: Worldperks Elite
nickame

Hi - Thanks for replying. No idea what it means in modern Greek - although from the "I hope you are aware" phrase I'm assuming that its not good. I'm glad its just a nickname (in advance of whatever embarrasing or offensive meaning it actually has).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.