Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2005, 1:04 am

Programs: Many
Last march, so according to the FP rules, I flew Air France (Brit Air) LYS-MAD-BCN-LYS, with an Air Europa ticket bought on voyages-sncf.com (the AF ticket on the same website was about 50 EUR more expensive), and... the miles between France and Spain were credited as level miles, in Tempo Challenge !!!

BTW, no miles at all between MAD and BCA.

Last edited by bodory; Sep 14, 2005 at 9:30 am
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:14 am

Programs: FB, MM
Miles gain when flying SkyTeam member

Hello
Sorry if this has been already discussed at length. However looking at the different post here, looks like no clear answer has not been provided yet (maybe there is not one ;-)

Looking into the miles allocation on AF when flying with Skyteam member I can see:
100% miles allocated in Economy

(http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfok.0)

Is it still the case? Basically with this allocation, one would be better off buying a code share tickets (DL, NW) and avoid the 25% earning on long haul KLM V-class and AF L-class.
Is my assumption correct or am I missing something?
Cheers
Old Sep 14, 2005, 3:54 am
Ambassador: Thai Airways

Programs: UA 1k, TG Gold, LT Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by fr8ht
Hello
Sorry if this has been already discussed at length. However looking at the different post here, looks like no clear answer has not been provided yet (maybe there is not one ;-)

Looking into the miles allocation on AF when flying with Skyteam member I can see:
100% miles allocated in Economy

(http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfok.0)

Is it still the case? Basically with this allocation, one would be better off buying a code share tickets (DL, NW) and avoid the 25% earning on long haul KLM V-class and AF L-class.
Is my assumption correct or am I missing something?
Cheers
You are partially correct. All you need to do is make sure that that fare class is also eligible for 100% mileage accrual on that particular airline as well, if that is the case, then Flying Poo should also give you 100% credit. Even those 25% credit fare classes on KLM and AF, you earn 100% credit on most other SkyTeam Programs.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 5:27 am

Programs: FB Plat, BA Silver, Accor Plat, IHG Plat, BW
Flying Blue miles for KE First Class

I'm planning a trip which may include a KE long-haul flight in F. There is some confusion as to whether these flights earn miles at 150% or 300%. Has any FB member actually taken a KE flight in F and can say what miles he/she earned? It might also help if you say whether you are a former KL or AF frequent flyer (since the information on the KLM website isn't the same as that on the AF ones). Many thanks.
Old Oct 9, 2005, 6:02 am

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Originally Posted by rangerss75
the information on the KLM website isn't the same as that on the AF ones

On www.klm.com
Earning possibilities¹,²
Flying Blue members can earn Miles on all KE-operated flights with a SkyTeam prefix.

You earn:
Economy Class: 100% of your actual flown miles
Business Class: 150% of your actual flown miles
First Class: 300% of your actual flown miles
On www.airfrance.fr
Korean Air

Pour un aller-simple sur un vol Korean Air, vous gagnez :
Economique 100% de la distance parcourue
Business 150% de la distance parcourue
Première First 300% de la distance parcourue
Remarques Gain minimal : 750 Miles
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
Thanks. They have obviously very recently updated the French site. This is the UK site for example:
http://www.airfrance.fr/cgi-bin/AF/G...cekedflkdgmn.0

Korean Air

Miles that you earn for a one-way ticket on a Korean Air flight:

Economy: 100 % de la distance parcourue

Business: 150 % of distance flown

First: 150 % of distance flown

Minimum Miles earned : 750 Miles

I'd still like to know what a passenger in F actually receives.

Last edited by rangerss75; Oct 9, 2005 at 9:41 am
Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:49 pm

Programs: AF/KLM Plat For Life/UA Million Miler-PremEx For Life/SPG Gold
Its indeed 300% for KE F. I noted the website discrepancy to FB awhile back.

They put into my account record that 300% was correct, so there is an audit trail proving the 300%.
Old Oct 12, 2005, 9:50 am

Originally Posted by beaubo
Its indeed 300% for KE F. I noted the website discrepancy to FB awhile back.

They put into my account record that 300% was correct, so there is an audit trail proving the 300%.
Great. When you know that it has actually gone into someone's FB account, then you start to believe it! Thanks for that.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 7:46 am

Hi all,

I've a few questions concerning Flying Blue. My apologies if certain questions have been covered in the past, but a search didn't reveal any useful information.

About two months ago, I subscribed to Flying Blue. Only two days later, I was on a full fare CDG-AMS one way (thanks to Varig rebooking me on KL, as my RG flight was cancelled). About three weeks later, a welcome bonus of 3 000 miles + 1 250 miles for my flight were added to my account.

Around the same time, I also sent some boarding passes/itinerary receipts of other Skyteam flights to Air France, in order to be credited to my account.
Six weeks behind the first activity on my account, they still haven't sent me my 'real' Flying Blue card. I still have to use that piece of paper I printed when I subscribed two months ago (a comparison with Lufthansa, as I subscribed to Miles and More around the same time: I got my real LH M&M card within 7 days after the first activity on my account was logged)

Another problem: I sent them a letter with boarding passes, receipts etc of 3 Alitalia flights, and one Air France flight. All four were eligible for full mileage.
Of my three Alitalia flights, only two flights have been added to my account. The third flight was an SN Brussels Airlines flight Rome FCO - Brussels, but I booked this flight as an Alitalia flight operated by SN (so earning miles shouldn't be a problem). The second flight which hasn't been added is an Air France flight CDG-AMS (again a full fare ticket, as Varig had again cancelled my CDG-AMS).

Does anybody know what I can do to get the miles of the above flights? And does it really take more than 1,5 month to send a real Flying Blue card?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 10:31 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Sabena_690
Hi all,

Six weeks behind the first activity on my account, they still haven't sent me my 'real' Flying Blue card. I still have to use that piece of paper I printed when I subscribed two months ago (a comparison with Lufthansa, as I subscribed to Miles and More around the same time: I got my real LH M&M card within 7 days after the first activity on my account was logged)
With both frequent flyer and frequent guest programs, it can take some time to receive the card. In addition, at some point in time during the year, programs stop sending new cards, waiting until the end of the year to determine which card they will be sending. AF usually sends cards with the new status before they expire in April, so March at the latest. In your case, the best way to go about it is to ask AF directly.

Originally Posted by =Sabena_690
Another problem: I sent them a letter with boarding passes, receipts etc of 3 Alitalia flights, and one Air France flight. All four were eligible for full mileage.
Of my three Alitalia flights, only two flights have been added to my account. The third flight was an SN Brussels Airlines flight Rome FCO - Brussels, but I booked this flight as an Alitalia flight operated by SN (so earning miles shouldn't be a problem). The second flight which hasn't been added is an Air France flight CDG-AMS (again a full fare ticket, as Varig had again cancelled my CDG-AMS).
I think your AZ flight must be operated by a SkyTeam carrier in order for you to earn miles. So I am afraid you won't earn any miles with F+'s successor for this flight. Regarding your CDG-AMS flight, I am not really familiar with Varig's FFP and passenger operations. Did you and should you earn miles with Varig for your originally scheduled flight ? If that were the case, it would be logical to be unable to earn miles on two different FFPs for the same flight segment.
Old Nov 1, 2005, 3:13 pm

Thank you for your reply, JOUY31!

I think your AZ flight must be operated by a SkyTeam carrier in order for you to earn miles. So I am afraid you won't earn any miles with F+'s successor for this flight.
Quite a stupid rule in my opinion... The flight was booked as an Alitalia flight, it just happened to be operated by another carrier (SN in this case).

Regarding your CDG-AMS flight, I am not really familiar with Varig's FFP and passenger operations. Did you and should you earn miles with Varig for your originally scheduled flight ? If that were the case, it would be logical to be unable to earn miles on two different FFPs for the same flight segment.
No miles were credited to my LH Miles and More account for this Varig flight, as it was cancelled. I got a new Air France ticket instead, so should be able to get miles for this AF CDG-AMS flight. In fact, the same happened only a few weeks later, and I got full mileage for that flight (1250 miles to be exact).

Regards
SN690
Old Nov 12, 2005, 6:51 am

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
Reward fare codes?

On AF the reward fare codes are A for First, O for Business, X for Economy and W for Economy (extended inventory for Elites).

But what are the corresponding fare codes on KLM and KQ?

And maybe an expert could post a table for all FB partners...

Last edited by albireo; Nov 14, 2005 at 4:32 pm
Old Nov 14, 2005, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA ExClub Blue (ex Silver), Flying Blue Silver (ex Platinum), M&M forever base soldier
KL, OK, NW reward classes

Answering my own post :

KLM (KL) rewards are booked in D for Business and W for Economy.
CSA (OK) rewards are booked in Z for Business and E for Economy.
Northwest (NW) rewards are booked in D for Business and W for Economy.
Kenya Airways (KQ) rewards are booked in D for Business and W for Economy.

Last edited by albireo; Nov 23, 2005 at 1:53 am Reason: Added NW, KQ
Old Nov 16, 2005, 3:14 am

I'm currently a FB Gold. Will be travelling out from CDG Termial 2C. Will i get to use the First Class Lounge (I'm travelling Business Class) ?

I got some conflicting views from the AF staff in Singapore .

Thanks for your views.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 4:00 am

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by gunship
I'm currently a FB Gold. Will be travelling out from CDG Termial 2C. Will i get to use the First Class Lounge (I'm travelling Business Class) ?

I got some conflicting views from the AF staff in Singapore .

Thanks for your views.
AF First Class lounge in 2C (and 2F, JFK or NRT) is for First Class passengers only. As Gold travelling in C, you will have access to the C class lounge in 2C.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.