Flying Blue FAQ

Old Jan 7, 2007, 4:47 pm
TGV

Programs: FB Life Platinum
Earning miles with Avianca

Having seen AV flights appearing on my FB account with the date, flight number but 0 miles, I asked FB what are the class earning miles on AV.

According to their answer, only the following classes earn miles:
J/C (150%)
B/H/L/Q/T/V/X/Y (100%)
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:05 pm

Programs: FB Silver / Spanair Plus Silver
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I will soon be travelling to MAD from ORY, AF flight number. The aircraft is operated by Air Europa. I've read in this thread that I will earn non level miles for this flight. Is it true? I'm asking because I thought that it was similar to City Jet flights to LCY (AF flight number) for which we do earn level miles.

Any comments?
Yes, I think you'll earn only award miles. I did a MAD-BCN flight under CO code but on an UX operated flight and got: 750 award miles!
Old Feb 20, 2007, 3:12 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by xaf-bcn
Yes, I think you'll earn only award miles. I did a MAD-BCN flight under CO code but on an UX operated flight and got: 750 award miles!
This is not exactly the same case. Any AF coded flight should earn you level miles. The rule that the flight needs to be operated by a SkyTeam carrier applies to flights with a SkyTeam partner's code, not to AF coded flights.
Old Feb 21, 2007, 11:46 am

Originally Posted by Phaedros
Hi,

2. The more important stupid question - is there any real value in transferring from Worldperks to FB and are my level miles portable? Will I retain my elite status from worldperks once I've transferred to FB.

Thanks for any assistance/advice.

2/ Yes your full balance and Elite status will be reported in FB
Old Apr 17, 2007, 5:20 am

Programs: FB Plat lifetimer,BA, US, LH
Any Lifetimer out there? One question:

In Sept. 2008 I'll be Royal Wing / Platinum Elite 10 years in a row which should give me lifetime Status.

However on May 2nd this year I'll have my qualifying for 2008 done ( as soon as they credit the 35.000 status miles from last year over the 115.000 limit back to my account )

Question: When exactly will they name me as a lifetimer. And how will this be done? New Card with expiry date 2099 or what will happen?
Old Apr 17, 2007, 2:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mennix
And how will this be done? New Card with expiry date 2099 or what will happen?
You shouldn't count on anything happening. I was informed as an aside in an e-mail about another subject from somebody at KL/NW Customer Relations. On a flight shortly thereafter the purser mentioned it. I think she was in awe of me, problably the first LTPE she had come across. Never heard a word from FB, until it was mentioned in the letter accompanying my new card earlier this year.

Johan
Old Apr 25, 2007, 7:22 am

Correct mileage postings

I travelled CDG-AMS-MNL on Air France and KLM a couple of weeks ago, having booked a B fare on all 4 legs. I had requested an upgrade to business class with my miles from CDG to MNL passing by AMS, which was confirmed (40k). However, I was told that this was only possible for the AMS-MNL leg and not for the CDG-AMS leg. I didn't care for the short stretch but was glad to be able to sleep on the long leg to Manila.
When I checked my mileage account recently, I realised that they had never taken out the 40k for the upgrade AND that Air France had not credited the status miles and bonus miles (which adds up to roughly 12500 miles one way considering that I am FB Gold).

On the way back I was booked in economy but due to my Gold status I was given an op up to business from MNL to AMS which was great. However, here again I never received any status and bonus miles for the leg MNL-AMS.

Does anyone know if economy class miles are cancelled if you book an upgrade to business? Was this a mistake?

I don't care about the miles amount but am bummes as I was looking forward to adding around 13k to my FB status.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:47 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Plat, ICH Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Backkom
Does anyone know if economy class miles are cancelled if you book an upgrade to business? Was this a mistake?
You should have received the miles for the original booking class. Probably best to contact FB about this.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 8:49 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
It is definitely a mistake. This happens regularly with AF and BA. Just contact the FFP helpdesk and have them correct this mistake. The last time it happened to me, it did take a detailed snail mail to the AF FFP to get it corrected.
Old Apr 25, 2007, 10:31 am

Missing mileage

Ok, thanks for the information. I will contact AF FB and try to get not only the mileage but also keep the 40 k miles that should have been deducted
Old Apr 26, 2007, 4:24 am

Ok, thanks for the information. I will contact AF FB and try to get not only the mileage but also keep the 40 k miles that should have been deducted
Will work. I requested an upgrade for me, my wife and my daughter from JNB a year ago ( everybody from his own account ). My daughter and me everthing worked fine. My wife got no miles and no deduction. One call and the miles had been credited but the upgrade never deducted
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:00 pm

Should I try through the FB website under missing miles claim or should I call them directly?
Old Apr 27, 2007, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Should I try through the FB website under missing miles claim or should I call them directly?
website should work; better anyway to have nobody look at your account and realize that you owe them 40k miles.
Old Apr 28, 2007, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by cfischer
website should work; better anyway to have nobody look at your account and realize that you owe them 40k miles.
Calling is better. In my case they booked my wife in "O", which is usually a full award. It was a one minute phone call to explain, that I paid "B" and mileage had been credited the same day.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 3:18 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
RE: KL codeshares.

Two very quick questions,

1) If an KL coded flight is operated by a non-skyTeam carrier (in theis case Aer Lingus) but the booking was made though KL, and my flight number is KL XXXX, will I still earn miles? I will be crediting to FB, btw/ My interpretation of the rule is that all AF & KL flights will earn miles,regardless of operator, but a flight like AerMexico on Mexicana metal would not. Is this correct?

2) My next itennary will take me over the 25K miles barrier, but I will not have completed the 15 Skyteam journeys, does this mean I will/will not qualify for silver?

Thanks in advance,
Brian.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.