Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying Blue FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2005, 2:24 am

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by srodr
What is the answer to this? I'm looking at V class international flights, but if they don't earn 100% I won't buy it.
Someone stated earlier that V class earned full miles on intercontinental flights, but it turns out NOT to be correct.

The following classes on KLM accrue only 25 % of distance flown

- in Europe: classes V and N
- outside Europe: class V

So stay away from V if you want to/need to earn full miles.

Jerene
Old Sep 1, 2005, 8:47 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by Jerene
Someone stated earlier that V class earned full miles on intercontinental flights, but it turns out NOT to be correct.

The following classes on KLM accrue only 25 % of distance flown

- in Europe: classes V and N
- outside Europe: class V

So stay away from V if you want to/need to earn full miles.

Jerene

This whole thing really is dumb to make customers research all the ticket class options. If all classes on NWA continue to get 100%, then I'll just stick to buying NW tickets. If they start limiting certain NW classes to 25%, then I guess I'll stick with Continental and Delta tickets (I'm pretty sure they still all earn 100%?)

Old Sep 1, 2005, 9:54 am

Programs: KL Explorer
What determines KLM or NW

What you earn depends on the fare class and airline.

But when they're determining whether you get full or reduced miles, do they work on

a) The operating carrier
b) The codeshare flight number
c) The ticket stock.

For example:

A ticket bought on KLM ticket stock (074) for a Northwest operated flight but with a KLM flight number (e.g. KL6068).

Or:

A ticket bought on KLM ticket stock for a Northwest operated flight with a Northwest flight number (e.g. NW68).

Which, (if either), will get full mileage credit if the ticket is booked in 'V' class?

There must be an answer somewhere, but, like most things, FB don't make it clear!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 3:04 pm

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by Live2Fly
What you earn depends on the fare class and airline.

But when they're determining whether you get full or reduced miles, do they work on

a) The operating carrier
b) The codeshare flight number
c) The ticket stock.
The codeshare flight number.

It doesn't matter who really operated the flight. You get points according to what the ticket says, KL or NW.

Jerene
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:36 am

Programs: FB Gold
datta55

RE-VISITING ACCOUNT MERGERS

At begining August a CSR on phone 33 1 58 68 68 68 informed me that my FB Gold (ex-FD) and FB Ivory (ex-F+) merger was in process and the request had been recorded on 6th July '05. He had said 'the merger should be completed by August end'.
When I called FB on 2nd Sept. the CSR informed that 'the merger has been done'. However, I do not see the accumulated F+ miles in my FB account.
Please could anyone with experience in having handled this issue suggest to me what I should do now.
Thanks for any help.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Live2Fly
For example:

A ticket bought on KLM ticket stock (074) for a Northwest operated flight but with a KLM flight number (e.g. KL6068).

Or:

A ticket bought on KLM ticket stock for a Northwest operated flight with a Northwest flight number (e.g. NW68).

Which, (if either), will get full mileage credit if the ticket is booked in 'V' class?

There must be an answer somewhere, but, like most things, FB don't make it clear!
Neither. V class is 25% on both KL and NW.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 1:55 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Question Level segments (AF domestic) question

I haven't flown AF domestic since January and I haven't found anything on this thread about level segments on AF domestic flights.
On http://www.airfrance.com/uk and http://www.airfrance.fr/ :
Please note that Domestic flights within Metropolitan France by residents in Metropolitan France earn Level Miles, but do not count as Level flight segments.
Is that confirmed by any of you?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:44 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
No personal experience since February (LRT-ORY non qualifying segment). No change has been announced since, either by AF or flyaircanada.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
I haven't flown AF domestic since January and I haven't found anything on this thread about level segments on AF domestic flights.
On http://www.airfrance.com/uk and http://www.airfrance.fr/ : Is that confirmed by any of you?
I can confirm. no segments, but level miles.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 6:03 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
The dedicated AF ticketing counters in CDG for F+ Rouge and premium passengers are now also accessible to Silver passengers as well as any SkyTeam Elite passengers. Longer queuing ....
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:26 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by Falco Peregrinus
On http://www.airfrance.com/uk and http://www.airfrance.fr/ : Is that confirmed by any of you?
level flight segment are only for international flights, included several stops :
for example, , I am French FB, i had four flights segments from Paris to Bologna- Roma- Napoli- Paris
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:41 pm
Suspended

Membership levels

I´ve just joined Flying Blue, and am trying to understand the program. My question is, if you reach a new level, how long will you stay at that level?

I figured out that I will reach gold membership by December, but on the KLM pages it says "your Level Miles remain valid until the 31st of December in the year you have earned them". Does this mean that I keep that level just for a few weeks and then be dumped to Ivory in January?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
no, you earn level for next year. for example if you are gold by NOW - status will remain until march 2007.
for level miles, it is different. everything you earn within a year gets level/status. silver, gold, ... but on Jan 1st - really hate this date - counter gets back to zero and you have to get new miles for your status - for the year after ... in my example for status until march 2008.

hope it is a little bit clearer by now
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:40 pm
Suspended

Upgrades?

Thanks, yes. It´s clearer. I just wonder about the other advantages with a higher membership level apart from the ones that are listed. For example upgrades. If you´re a gold or platinum member, for example, do you know if KLM offers upgrades? Are there routines for offering operational upgrades to gold or platinum members, for example? Is it possible to buy upgrades like in some american airlines.

It doesn´t say anything abouth this on the KLM site, but I just wondered if you or anyone else knows anything about this.

Thanks!
Old Sep 13, 2005, 12:40 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Air Europa question

I will soon be travelling to MAD from ORY, AF flight number. The aircraft is operated by Air Europa. I've read in this thread that I will earn non level miles for this flight. Is it true? I'm asking because I thought that it was similar to City Jet flights to LCY (AF flight number) for which we do earn level miles.

Any comments?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.