Flying Blue FAQ

Old Mar 3, 2006, 11:51 am

Programs: FB Platinum, Krisflyer Gold, Die-hard Saint's fan !
And welcome to flyertalk !
Old Mar 5, 2006, 2:38 am

Programs: FB, HH, EB & Choice
Originally Posted by jtfontes
KL2852 OPO-AMS(operated by NI)(class S acording to boarding pass) Miles: 0
KL1355 AMS-PRG (class M acording to boarding pass) Miles:187
KL1352 PRG-AMS (class M acording to boarding pass) Miles:187
KL1237 AMS-CDG (class M acording to boarding pass) Miles:187
KL2146 CDG-OPO(operated by AF)(Y class acording boarding pass) Miles:768
Hello Joao,

The classes you have listed (S, M,Y) are seating classes. Only the booking class is relevant for miles accrual. You have to check your ticket/reservation to find it.

You probably had booking class V on three of the routes, which gives you 25% of miles flown. In any case, the cheapest KLM tickets seem to be aimed at the segment of the market that considers the price only and do not especially care to collect miles (read: customers with no airline loyalty).

You can find some info on www.klm.com, under Frequent Flyers:

"On most tickets for international flights, we offer you a minimum of 750 Award and Level Miles. Award tickets, Air Miles tickets and other similar tickets are not eligible for Miles. Tickets in some classes may earn fewer or no Miles. For more information, please consult the relevant pages of the Flying Blue airline partners."

To find specific information you have to go to the KLM Partner page, e.g. on the Norwegian site: KLM Partner page

It's all there under the Frequent Flyer menu, but you have to dig.

Jerene
(it used to be even worse, when they did not even put up the small print)
Old Apr 2, 2006, 4:15 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, AA Plat, Volare Premier, VS Silver, National Emerald Elite, Hertz President Circle
Full miles flown in V on AF?

Hello

Can anyone confirm European and long-haul (ie intercontinental) flights booked in V on AF get 100% miles flown (before any additional status bonus if these exist)?

Edit: Just read other posts. V bookings seem to get 25%. Didn't notice this in the FAQ.

Edit2: Just realised earling for KLM and AF are different! KLM's V gets 25% but it's unclear how much AF's V gives!!!

so my question still stands! What is the earling on V on AF for european and extra-european travel? Thanks.

Last edited by wobbly wings; Apr 2, 2006 at 4:31 am
Old Apr 23, 2006, 11:45 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum
Originally Posted by wobbly wings
Hello

Can anyone confirm European and long-haul (ie intercontinental) flights booked in V on AF get 100% miles flown (before any additional status bonus if these exist)?

Edit: Just read other posts. V bookings seem to get 25%. Didn't notice this in the FAQ.

Edit2: Just realised earling for KLM and AF are different! KLM's V gets 25% but it's unclear how much AF's V gives!!!

so my question still stands! What is the earling on V on AF for european and extra-european travel? Thanks.
http://www.airfrance.us/cgi-bin/AF/U...cekedfnfdfoj.0
Old May 5, 2006, 9:44 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Do flights in F on other skyteam members earn 150% or 300%??? AF's web site gives 150% for DL, NW anc CO's business class but never mentions first class. So what is it? (in fact it does not mention CO's F as being elligible for miles....)
Old May 20, 2006, 8:03 am

Programs: Iberia plus plata, TAP miles&go
Hello

I had the following question i gonna do a rtw on skyteam in F this summer and i will reach plat status then until when will i keep this status until the summer of 2007( a year after reaching status) or will it be until march 2008?

Dear Regards
Old May 20, 2006, 9:00 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by sh1982
Hello

I had the following question i gonna do a rtw on skyteam in F this summer and i will reach plat status then until when will i keep this status until the summer of 2007( a year after reaching status) or will it be until march 2008?

Dear Regards
March 2008.
Old May 23, 2006, 10:25 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
No more mileage accrual on MALEV?

Hi

I thought FB members could still earn miles when flying on MA flights, even though after the end of Flying Dutchman, those miles were no longer counted for status. Trying to verify this today on klm.com, I was surprised to see that: "Flying Blue members can earn Miles only earn miles [sic] Malv-operated flights between Budapest and Amsterdam with a MA, AF or KL prefix."

Is this correct? Does this mean all other itineraries on MA do NOT earn miles?!

Grateful for your advice.
Old Jul 3, 2006, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kiam

As far as I know now, KE has blackout date for SkyTeam Award seats (except its own program) from May 19-June something (if not mistaken it is the 19th)....and then July 20-Aug 20 (US to ICN segment is OK).
Is there a link someone might have for KE It'l award black out dates using FB miles?

Thanks. ^
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:35 am

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Is there a link someone might have for KE It'l award black out dates using FB miles?

Blackout dates
2006 Within Korea: 1 Jan, 27-31 Jan, 14 Jul-27 Aug, 3-9 Oct and 29-31 Dec
2006 International flights (excl. US/Canada): 1-10 Jan, 27-31 Jan, 20 Jul-20 Aug, 3-9 Oct and 29-31 Dec
2006 US/Canada flights: 19 May-30 Jun and 8-23 Dec

Korean Air Flying Blue Details
Old Jul 3, 2006, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
pmcg - many thanks for fast response. Precisely what I was looking for. ^
Old Jul 3, 2006, 3:09 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Gold - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by ozstamps
pmcg - many thanks for fast response. Precisely what I was looking for. ^
You are more than welcome.
Old Jul 7, 2006, 7:41 am

Programs: FB GLD, AA GLD, HH Silver, UA GM
I did a search but found nothing. What class of travel is B fare in Europe? Tempo or Tempo Challenge?

Thanks
Old Jul 7, 2006, 1:56 pm

Programs: Air France Platinum - Qatar Airways Gold
Tempo Challenge (at least on the CDG-MAD route).

I discovered with surprise that OLCI differentiates B fares (on european routes) from Tempo Challenge full fare (booking code S) and assigns you a seat in the rear section of the TC "cabin" (the OLCI system won't let you select a seat in row 6 or 7 which is usually what you can choose 24 hrs before departure). OLCI will propose you seats in rows 12, 14 etc. Even knowing that Tempo Challenge starts at row 6.
Old Jul 8, 2006, 3:52 am

Programs: FB GLD, AA GLD, HH Silver, UA GM
Great. Everybody will be happy.

My employer will pay less and I get to get the double miles

Thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.