Flying Blue FAQ

Old Nov 1, 2007, 4:54 pm

Programs: Amex Centurion - BA Silver - IHG Diamond Elite - HHonors Diamond - M&M
Originally Posted by prosecco
It appears on my FB account that I'm platinum since June 04 2005. I was F+ red for many years before, but I cannot find the exact date when I achieved the Red status.
Anybody knows where I may find this information? Do I have to ask to FB guys?
Thanks for any hint

Wow, I'd say welcome but you've been here for a while.

I sent an email via the FB contact thing on the web site and believe it or not someone called me and told me when I first became Royal Wing.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 6:36 am

FB miles with Aeromexico W-fare?

Being a bit new to this i do appologise if this information is available somewhere allready, but i have not been able to find a reply to my question:

I have booked Aeromexico flight NYC - MEX - NYC and it shows me fare class W and i am wondering does anyone have experience / info if this class qualifies for FF miles.

FB sites do not list this kind of fare-class but the FB customer support reply was "yes 100% of miles". But as i can't find confirmation anywhere i'm little suspicious. I am FB Elite / Silver.

While booking it (over edreams dot com) i was not shown the fare class but i can see it now from the aeromexico site from my booking overview and my e-ticket.

Thank you for replies.
Old Nov 23, 2007, 9:18 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by pahtma
Being a bit new to this i do appologise if this information is available somewhere allready, but i have not been able to find a reply to my question:

I have booked Aeromexico flight NYC - MEX - NYC and it shows me fare class W and i am wondering does anyone have experience / info if this class qualifies for FF miles.

FB sites do not list this kind of fare-class but the FB customer support reply was "yes 100% of miles". But as i can't find confirmation anywhere i'm little suspicious. I am FB Elite / Silver.

While booking it (over edreams dot com) i was not shown the fare class but i can see it now from the aeromexico site from my booking overview and my e-ticket.

Thank you for replies.
Well, since neither the KLM nor the AF website state W as a mileage-earning class, I would be surprised if you receive any miles for this trip. Having said that, please do report back after your trip and let us know! Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:36 am

how do you know if your ticket is 'V' class?

Excuse this question from a newbie ... so far I have not been able to find the answer elsewhere.
I recently flew CDG-DTW roundtrip. The reservation was booked through Opodo, the ticket issued by NW. The reservation on the NW website listed the fare type as "Economy restricted," but did not specify a class. The boarding pass said "Class Y".
Flying Blue has awarded me only 25% of the miles travelled, saying that it was a "V class" ticket.
My question ... How can you tell, at the time of booking, what fare class you are in? I had been caught unawares once before on a "V class" fare and resolved this time to read all the fine print carefully ... which I did ... yet it happened again.
Thanks for any help on this.
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:12 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Originally Posted by voyageuse53
... My question ... How can you tell, at the time of booking, what fare class you are in? I had been caught unawares once before on a "V class" fare and resolved this time to read all the fine print carefully ... which I did ... yet it happened again.
Hi Voyageuse,

Welcome to FlyerTalk.

Sites like Opodo are very opaque when it comes to booking classes. To get more information, you have two options I think:

- Once you find a price you like, go to the website of the actual airline, and try to book the same exact flights. They are likely to provide more details on the booking class. At KLM (which you would have visited for this NW flight), you now get more flexibility in choosing a higher booking class to avoid the dreaded 25% award.

- The other option is to visit http://matrix.itasoftware.com. It's a very powerful search engine, and when you select a flight, you can click on "Show booking details" for all information with regards to the booking class of every segment. (By setting the ticket issuing location to CDG, you will get prices in Euros.)

Hope this helps. (Of course, the question then becomes how much extra you are willing to pay for these extra miles ...)

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:20 pm

Award Miles Promotion

Anybody knows if there'll be a HKG/Europe/HKG 50% off awards promotion this year?

Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2008, 2:01 am

Programs: FB silver, Accor leClub platinum
Yeah, there are webawards, check this, on www.klm.com
http://www.klm.com/travel/nl_en/flyi...txt.promotions
Old Jan 27, 2008, 2:03 am

Programs: A3/Gold, BA/Gold + other less precious metals
Originally Posted by voyageuse53
Excuse this question from a newbie ... so far I have not been able to find the answer elsewhere.
I recently flew CDG-DTW roundtrip. The reservation was booked through Opodo, the ticket issued by NW. The reservation on the NW website listed the fare type as "Economy restricted," but did not specify a class. The boarding pass said "Class Y".
Flying Blue has awarded me only 25% of the miles travelled, saying that it was a "V class" ticket.
My question ... How can you tell, at the time of booking, what fare class you are in? I had been caught unawares once before on a "V class" fare and resolved this time to read all the fine print carefully ... which I did ... yet it happened again.
Thanks for any help on this.
In addition to what GenevaFlyer already said, I would suggest that you also look at nwa.com. Even though you cannot book there using a European credit card, the site is very good at showing you the fare basis code and booking class. You can tell from the price quoted whether this is the same fare you're buying on opodo etc. BTW, I for future reference (though you probably know this), if you see a fare basis code (e.g. QLPX4FR), then the booking class is the first letter of this code (in the case, "Q").
Old Feb 12, 2008, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by dctorres
Now that Flying Blue is upon us, I thought it would be appropriate to have an official thread with official information (no heresay please) on the new program that will help us all with the transition.

If possible, please try to keep such information here rather than in a new thread.

Thanks,

Derek
AF Moderator
I understand that most of you are more advanced than me but I cannot even get on the flying blue program. I am trying to get a flight to Europe and they asked for my frequent flyer # with Ait France and since than I am trying to find a way to GET an account and it seems IMPOSSIBLE!
Old Feb 13, 2008, 12:30 am

Originally Posted by mikatsek
I understand that most of you are more advanced than me but I cannot even get on the flying blue program. I am trying to get a flight to Europe and they asked for my frequent flyer # with Ait France and since than I am trying to find a way to GET an account and it seems IMPOSSIBLE!
It's not consistent, but here are some of the approaches, however, you will need to select the website for your country:

- On the US AF site, click on "Flying Blue" and the top of the screen, and select "Enroll Now" from the menu that opens

- On the French AF site, click on Flying Blue, and then Flying Blue again, and there is a link for "Adherer en ligne"

- Alternatively, go to www.klm.com, and follow the Flying Blue links there (can't find the exact location right now, as it remembers me as a member).

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 15, 2008, 2:54 pm

Originally Posted by toulousebloke

Info for KLM would be great too.

AWARD TICKETS
Also add for AF and KLM, which classes the award tickets are booked into (O for economy business on AF, A for first?) I m never sure
And add a link to www.seatcounter.com so that people can check availability on real times.
Are more tickets released closer to departure?

Thanks a lot.
As a reservations employee I can tell you the following:

B gets upgraded to D
S gets upgraded to Z

For an economy class award ticket the booking class is W
For a business class award ticket the booking class is D

This is only applicable for KLM operated flights... I am now 2 weeks off, can tell you more when I'm back to work for other airlines...

Greetings!
Old Feb 21, 2008, 3:00 am

Question Question on NW domestic upgrades

Hi all,

As it looks like I will finally be taking my first NW domestic flight this summer, I've been wondering about the upgrade for FB Plat members.

I've searched the NW FAQ, the NW site and the FB pages, but can't find the last piece of information.

As a FB member, do I need to do anything to get placed on the automatic upgrade list for my NW flights?

Thanks all for the information.

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Feb 22, 2008, 7:13 am

Just make sure that your FB # is in the NWA system ASAP and you should be fine - the upgrade is automatic (calling them to check won't help at all). Ups are harder to get now on NWA, especially if you are on a 319/320/D9S, but getting the ticket early should help.
Old Feb 22, 2008, 3:27 pm

Programs: Ryanair PLATINUM : ) TK GOLD, AZ Gold, Radisson - gold,Marriott - gold
i agree with the statement of the colleague

i flew them once with them and got no points either
Old Feb 29, 2008, 5:12 am

Call center information

I read the pahtmas message stating:

I have had the experience, that even though I called 3 or 4 times and talked with different people, they answer the wrong thing respect to classes or airlines you can fly on to continue in the program, etc. The employees of the call center usually now less than the members. Only when you ask: Are you sure? Could you check? do they realize that they just gave you wrong information.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.