Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2011, 1:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rejden
Just one quick question,

can I access the business lounge with shower at CDG when flying Premium Voyager and being skyteam elite+ ?

coming from non-schengen and going to schengen,
in two weeks back from schengen going to non-schengen

thanks
you cannot go to the arival lounge in 2C as it is reserved for pax arriving for long-haul flights but you can access the departure lounge of the terminal you will depart from. Not sure they all have showers (OK in 2F1, not sure for 2D, no shower in 2G as the lounge is the "concept" they call "patio").
Also, there is no premium voyageur class for European/medium-haul flights. You are probably booked in Premium Eco.
Old Feb 26, 2011, 2:42 pm

Programs: QR Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
you cannot go to the arival lounge in 2C as it is reserved for pax arriving for long-haul flights but you can access the departure lounge of the terminal you will depart from. Not sure they all have showers (OK in 2F1, not sure for 2D, no shower in 2G as the lounge is the "concept" they call "patio").
Also, there is no premium voyageur class for European/medium-haul flights. You are probably booked in Premium Eco.
It's premium voyager for CDG - BOM and back but with connecting flights from CDG
Old Feb 27, 2011, 2:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
It's premium voyager for CDG - BOM and back but with connecting flights from CDG
OK sorry, I wasn't sure you were flying long-haul (as there are also a lot of non-Schengen medium-haul). Arriving from BOM, you are therefore entitled to use the arrival lounge in 2C, if you have enough time of course.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Lounge 2F1 or 2F2?

Hi, flying on AF454 to GRU (in C) on a Sunday evening in a few weeks time with a colleague from T2F and have a few questions for the regulars at CDG.

1) Noticed that there are two lounges shown in 2F so am wondering which is best/quietest. As it's a late flight, departure 2320, it looks like we'll be kicked out the lounge at 2200hrs when it closes so any suggestions or tips on what else to do after this?

2) I'll be the center of Paris for the weekend and it looks like the taxi fare will be about 60euro but how long should I allow for the journey? Is the train going to be any quicker (albeit cheaper)?

3) Are there fast-track security lanes at 2F? Or the alternative question is how long does security take to clear typically?

Thanks in advance!

(BTW the links on the first post are broken that refer to CDG 2 Terminal E,F)
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:50 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mattk
1) Noticed that there are two lounges shown in 2F so am wondering which is best/quietest. As it's a late flight, departure 2320, it looks like we'll be kicked out the lounge at 2200hrs when it closes so any suggestions or tips on what else to do after this?
You don't have a choice, as there is a lounge for the Schengen pier (2F1 and another one for the Schengen pier (2F2).

2) I'll be the center of Paris for the weekend and it looks like the taxi fare will be about 60euro but how long should I allow for the journey? Is the train going to be any quicker (albeit cheaper)?
Taxi out of Paris on a Sunday evening should be ok, as most traffic is headed back to Paris. It could be, perhaps 10mn faster than the train, cost around EUR 11, but it will be more pleasant.

3) Are there fast-track security lanes at 2F? Or the alternative question is how long does security take to clear typically
Fast track "Accès n°1" lanes for SkyTeam Elite+ and premium passengers.

Enjoy your flights

Last edited by JOUY31; Feb 27, 2011 at 11:53 am
Old Feb 27, 2011, 3:52 am

Transiting through CDG

Hi,

I haven't been to CDG for years (last time only as a poor student). This time, I am meeting my partner at CDG for a flight back to MEL via LHR on BA. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer (I've looked through the forum and can't find any answer, if there is one I didn't spot, my apologies).

1. My partner is flying AF from BEG to CDG, which I understand arrives at Terminal 2F.
2. We plan to meet at CDG and then fly on BA to LHR from Terminal 2A.

Will AF check my partner's bags through from BEG all the way through to MEL? If so, what would be the easiest way for us to meet at CDG?

If the bags are NOT checked through, does my partner need to clear customs at CDG and transfer to 2A to re-check in with BA? If this is the case, I assume we would meet at 2F arrivals and get the landside bus together to Terminal 2A.

Any enlightenment would be great. Thanks.
Old Feb 27, 2011, 4:18 am

Programs: BA Gold, FB Plat
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Enjoy your flights
Thanks!
Old Feb 27, 2011, 11:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by drif
Hi,

I haven't been to CDG for years (last time only as a poor student). This time, I am meeting my partner at CDG for a flight back to MEL via LHR on BA. I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer (I've looked through the forum and can't find any answer, if there is one I didn't spot, my apologies).

1. My partner is flying AF from BEG to CDG, which I understand arrives at Terminal 2F.
2. We plan to meet at CDG and then fly on BA to LHR from Terminal 2A.

Will AF check my partner's bags through from BEG all the way through to MEL? If so, what would be the easiest way for us to meet at CDG?

If the bags are NOT checked through, does my partner need to clear customs at CDG and transfer to 2A to re-check in with BA? If this is the case, I assume we would meet at 2F arrivals and get the landside bus together to Terminal 2A.

Any enlightenment would be great. Thanks.
First, the arrival terminal of your friend can be 2E or 2F. Not possible to know this in advance. If he/she's traveling on one ticket, the bags will be checked through to MEL but AF will not be able to issue the BP for the BA flights that will have to be obtained at CDG at a transfer desk. If separate tickets, he/she needs to inform AF at check-in in BEG about the BA connection in CDG (needs to show them the e-ticket receipt) and they'll be able to tag bags to MEL (but again, no BP).
So normally, your friends do not have to clear immigration and customs at CDG and should use the connection shuttle to reach term 2A.
So the best place for you to meet each other will be the departure (gate) area of term 2A.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:29 am

Programs: FB, MM, QM, ES, KF & LP / HH, HGP & SPG
First, the arrival terminal of your friend can be 2E or 2F. Not possible to know this in advance. If he/she's traveling on one ticket, the bags will be checked through to MEL but AF will not be able to issue the BP for the BA flights that will have to be obtained at CDG at a transfer desk. If separate tickets, he/she needs to inform AF at check-in in BEG about the BA connection in CDG (needs to show them the e-ticket receipt) and they'll be able to tag bags to MEL (but again, no BP).
So normally, your friends do not have to clear immigration and customs at CDG and should use the connection shuttle to reach term 2A.
So the best place for you to meet each other will be the departure (gate) area of term 2A.
For a SCL flight what do you recommend in terms of lounge? I have plenty of time before the flight so I would like to enjoy some coffee and some newspapers. I've flown on this route from E 30 something and I know there's a good business lounge.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 8:25 am

OK sorry, I wasn't sure you were flying long-haul (as there are also a lot of non-Schengen medium-haul). Arriving from BOM, you are therefore entitled to use the arrival lounge in 2C, if you have enough time of course.
Départ : 03Mar, 03:05 Fin enregistrement : 02:05
Arrivée : 08:00
Classe A : Premium

Départ : 03Mar, 12:35 Fin enregistrement : 12:05
Arrivée : 14:35
Classe W : Premium

do they give you towels?

also one more thing, My platinum card is expiring tomorrow and my my gold arrived last week to my home address while I'm in India, my wife took a picture of it so I can print it, would that be enough to present with the 02/2011 Platinum or they will treat me as a moron trying to cheat them?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:25 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club

do they give you towels?

also one more thing, My platinum card is expiring tomorrow and my my gold arrived last week to my home address while I'm in India, my wife took a picture of it so I can print it, would that be enough to present with the 02/2011 Platinum or they will treat me as a moron trying to cheat them?
Yes, they do give you towels in the shower rooms in the 2C Arrivals lounge.

What is the expiration date of your OK Plus Platinum card? I know AF Platinum cards are valid until March 31st, but have no idea for OK's FFP.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

do they give you towels?

you have plenty of time, so I definitely recommend you to go to the 2C arrival lounge to have a shower to refresh (they will give you everything you need, as said by JOUY31 ). To find this lounge, go to the public (check-in) area of 2C, walk in the direction of term 2A and turn left just after the last check-in counter of 2C. The lounge is here. You can also skip breakfast during the flight and have it at this lounge. Then when you are done, you can proceed to your next terminal and go to the lounge of this terminal.
Regarding your card issue, can you make a printout of your gold card from the web site ? But I believe your status will be printed on your BP, so I should not be an issue. Enjoy !
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Yes, they do give you towels in the shower rooms in the 2C Arrivals lounge.

What is the expiration date of your OK Plus Platinum card? I know AF Platinum cards are valid until March 31st, but have no idea for OK's FFP.
02/2011 is says, which is today.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:36 pm

you have plenty of time, so I definitely recommend you to go to the 2C arrival lounge to have a shower to refresh (they will give you everything you need, as said by JOUY31 ). To find this lounge, go to the public (check-in) area of 2C, walk in the direction of term 2A and turn left just after the last check-in counter of 2C. The lounge is here. You can also skip breakfast during the flight and have it at this lounge. Then when you are done, you can proceed to your next terminal and go to the lounge of this terminal.
Regarding your card issue, can you make a printout of your gold card from the web site ? But I believe your status will be printed on your BP, so I should not be an issue. Enjoy !
Yeah I can print the screenshot from the website, but there is not option to print any card on any level from the website itself
Old Feb 28, 2011, 12:40 pm

Tried to post the picture here, but seems it doesn't work and I don't know how to delete this article

Last edited by rejden; Feb 28, 2011 at 9:22 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.