Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2010, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
Your 2006 experience was due to the main 2E boarding pier being closed and replaced by a temporary boarding satellite. This is no longer the case, although you might have to take an automated shuttle (45s ride every 2mn) to the S3 boarding pier if your flight does not leave from the main boarding pier.

Walking from the TGV station to 2E is, IMHO, quite doable with an infant. It might take 15mn rather than 10mn, but that should be about it.

In short, you should be fine.
Don't most of the US mid-morning and afternoon flights depart from S3? One of the bigger problems is all the US flights bunched together. I don't think I have ever left where there was not some person being rushed through.
Old Oct 15, 2010, 12:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
Don't most of the US mid-morning and afternoon flights depart from S3?
No. There is no such rule. Only for A380 flights, you're sure to leave from S3.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
No. There is no such rule. Only for A380 flights, you're sure to leave from S3.
thanks for everyone's responses!

goldorak, to clarify, are you saying that airbus 380 flights are the ones guaranteed to leave from s3, but that others may or may not be? it looks like the aircraft being used on the cdg-sfo flight is the airbus a340-300 (according to my seating chart). any idea which area this flight might leave from at terminal 2e?
Old Oct 18, 2010, 5:11 am

Checkin for 2D

We are overnighting at the Novotel CDG.

We have an AF flight to Athens at 7:20am on Sunday 6/19/2011.

What time should we arrive to checkin and get our bags checked? While we have flown out of CDG for trans Atlantic flights, we have never had to check in for a intra Europe flight before. Would arriving at the ticket counter by 6am be fine?

What time would we need to leave the hotel by? Looks like we would be leaving out of 2D, and I assume the AF ticket counters would be in that location.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 6:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by mattgoolsby
We are overnighting at the Novotel CDG.

We have an AF flight to Athens at 7:20am on Sunday 6/19/2011.

What time should we arrive to checkin and get our bags checked? While we have flown out of CDG for trans Atlantic flights, we have never had to check in for a intra Europe flight before. Would arriving at the ticket counter by 6am be fine?

What time would we need to leave the hotel by? Looks like we would be leaving out of 2D, and I assume the AF ticket counters would be in that location.
6AM would me more than enough. Latest check-in time is 30mn before the flight. If you are staying at the Novotel Roissypole, you can reach 2D in about 10mn (CDGVAL ride + walking)
Old Oct 18, 2010, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by betsily
thanks for everyone's responses!

goldorak, to clarify, are you saying that airbus 380 flights are the ones guaranteed to leave from s3, but that others may or may not be? it looks like the aircraft being used on the cdg-sfo flight is the airbus a340-300 (according to my seating chart). any idea which area this flight might leave from at terminal 2e?
yes, with the exception of A380 flights, for other long-haul flights departing from 2E, you can't know in advance from which gate/2E pier they will leave from.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 4:51 am

Programs: BA GGL; SK EBG; QF LTG; Hilton Diamond, A-Club Platinum, Marriott Platinum
2G --> 2D and 2D --> 2G in less than 55 mins? Possible?

Hi,

My agent has me booked on AF 3219 connecting to AF 2976 (GOT-CDG-VLC) with a 55 min connection from 2G to 2D and the revser on the way home with a 45 min connection.

I know hat 2G is a bus ridefrom 2D, but how rushed is this connection? I have no ather alternative with AF.

I can see online that it runs every 5 mins with a time of 10 mins, which put it close, but is it reasonable? (I guess there is not a way to stay airside?).

Thanks

Koru Flyer

Last edited by Koru Flyer; Nov 2, 2010 at 4:57 am
Old Nov 2, 2010, 10:48 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Koru Flyer
Hi,

My agent has me booked on AF 3219 connecting to AF 2976 (GOT-CDG-VLC) with a 55 min connection from 2G to 2D and the revser on the way home with a 45 min connection.

I know hat 2G is a bus ridefrom 2D, but how rushed is this connection? I have no ather alternative with AF.

I can see online that it runs every 5 mins with a time of 10 mins, which put it close, but is it reasonable? (I guess there is not a way to stay airside?).

Thanks

Koru Flyer
Unfortunately, no. I am afraid both are very tight connections.
Old Nov 2, 2010, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Yes, very tight. It's likely that an AF agent will wait for you to facilitate your transfer (I hope for you ). For luggage, if you can, keep everything as carry-on.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:31 pm

I think I may have made a big mistake.

2/25/11 Depart LAX via AF @ 9:40pm
2/26/11 Arrive CDG Terminal 2E @ 5:15pm
2/26/11 Depart CDG Terminal 2F1 @ 6:15pm for VCE

This leaves only 60 minutes for connections. Is this even possible at all? It sounds like it may be doable with just carry ons but we need to check bags. We have a party of 4, and we are sitting near the back of the plane already, so getting off will add even more time.

From what I am reading in this thread, there is zero chance that our checked baggage will make it, correct? This is a ski trip, and we have transport that leaves VCE the evening of 2/26. If the bags don't make it on the flight, are we stuck waiting for them? Any chance AF will deliver them all of the way to Cortina if the bags don't make it on the CDG->VCE flight?

There aren't any flights to VCE the same evening, so we don't have options there. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by nekdut

This leaves only 60 minutes for connections. Is this even possible at all? It sounds like it may be doable with just carry ons but we need to check bags. We have a party of 4, and we are sitting near the back of the plane already, so getting off will add even more time.
Why would you say that? It should be doable. If anything goes wrong you will have your luggage delivered the next day and/or you may miss the connecting flight. But if it goes according to the normal course, it will be fine.
Old Nov 3, 2010, 9:44 pm

I've had experience with late luggage being delivered to a place some distance (around 200 km) away from my arrival airport in Italy; it's taken a few days.
Old Nov 4, 2010, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

From what I am reading in this thread, there is zero chance that our checked baggage will make it, correct? This is a ski trip, and we have transport that leaves VCE the evening of 2/26. If the bags don't make it on the flight, are we stuck waiting for them? Any chance AF will deliver them all of the way to Cortina if the bags don't make it on the CDG->VCE flight?

There aren't any flights to VCE the same evening, so we don't have options there. Any thoughts or suggestions? Thanks in advance for your help.
2E to 2F is a very easy and rapid connection. And your bags will be checked through VCE (no need to collect them in CDG). So it's a short connection but feasible. Don't worry
Old Nov 5, 2010, 8:14 pm

Whew, thank you to all of you. Reading some of the other posts and threads elsewhere on this site made me quite worried, with reports of 99% failure in baggage making it for 60 minute layovers, but I'm assuming that's cross-carrier and further terminals?

I'll cross my fingers that my LAX-CDG flight is on time/early, and the CDG-VCE flight is a little delayed, for that extra measure of certainty.
Old Nov 6, 2010, 2:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Reading some of the other posts and threads elsewhere on this site made me quite worried, with reports of 99% failure in baggage making it for 60 minute layovers, but I'm assuming that's cross-carrier and further terminals?
I don't think it's fair to say that there is 99% failure for bagagge transfer if connection time is <60 min. What you read on the internet is always the failure cases and you never hear of course about all the people (99%) who had their luggage delivered because nobody's interested in this.
In any case, even if your bags don't make it, there are plenty of AF flights between CDG and VCE so your bags will be on the next flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.