Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by 31dany
From 2E to 2D walking across should take no more than 10 minutes, so no reason to be nervous about the connection. CDG is quite a simple airport and the bad reputation it has is just hearsay; the facilities are great, the terminals are clean and it's fairly easy to move around.
You should have plenty of time to enjoy a coffee or browse the shops.
Enjoy your trip.
Thank you. I received a lot of reassurance that the reputation of this airport may be unfounded. I appreciate the kindness shown to me here on this forum!

Thanks again,
Lisa
Old Mar 25, 2011, 2:30 am

Location: Usually Paris and Rome, but could be just about anywhere
Programs: Flying Blue
Originally Posted by stimpy
Does anyone know if there is a Societe Generale ATM or guichet at CDG? And if so, where?
I had a few minutes to spare between flights yesterday, so I went to have a look myself. When I didn't see the SocGen where I remembered, I asked at the information desk. Yes, the SocGen was gone, but they still had an ATM two floors down, attached to the bureau de change, next to the north entrance to platforms 4 and 6 of the TGV.

If HSBC has some sort of exclusive arrangement in the airport itself, I can only guess that SG was forced to retreat into the SNCF station, outside of the direct jurisdiction of ADP.

A little aside: when you're looking for it, it's funny to see how visually present HSBC is at CDG. Their ads adorn every luggage trolley and their posters seem to be on just about every wall between the terminals.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB , BA Gold
Originally Posted by 31dany
CDG is quite a simple airport and the bad reputation it has is just hearsay; the facilities are great, the terminals are clean and it's fairly easy to move around.

Enjoy your trip.
That is the funniest post I have read this week.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 8:03 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

50 mins: Transfer from, 2E -> 2F

Hi,

I was wondering if this is possible? I will be arriving with AF from ATL (I am guessing here that arrival would be earlier than expected due to tailwinds) and departing to Amsterdam.
Have E+ with ST.
For me this is the best option now to get to Prague since all the changes with the codeshares between AF and OK.

Cheers!
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:01 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
It's doable, but you don't have room for delays. As E+ you can use the priority lanes for immigration in 2E and security in 2F.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 12:26 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Gold
I'm transiting through CDG to CGN, arriving on a CX flight from HKG at 6:30 AM and connecting to an AF flight to CGN at 7:40 AM. It appears I will arrive in Terminal 2A and will depart from 2G. Is this doable and do I need to clear security or immigration?

I will not be checking luggage.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 1:48 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by plusorminus
I'm transiting through CDG to CGN, arriving on a CX flight from HKG at 6:30 AM and connecting to an AF flight to CGN at 7:40 AM. It appears I will arrive in Terminal 2A and will depart from 2G. Is this doable and do I need to clear security or immigration?

I will not be checking luggage.
Is this itinerary on a single ticket?

In any case, you will need to clear immigration upon arrival in 2A, take the landside bus to 2G and clear security in 2G.

It is very tight, IMHO. Personnally, I would not have chosen such a short connection.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by JOUY31
It is very tight, IMHO. Personnally, I would not have chosen such a short connection.
I agree. I would not also have booked this connection. Especially as CX will not check you in on the AF flight. Add to this that there is only 2 to 3 daily flights to CGN, so any misconnection will make you wait long at CDG. In case of pb, you can may be ask to be re-routed to DUS as it's not so far from CGN.
Old Apr 9, 2011, 3:47 pm

Programs: CX DM, SPG Gold
Thanks for the advice. I haven't yet booked the AF flight yet so it sounds like I need to find an alternative. I need to be in CGN (Bonn actually) for a meeting in the early afternoon, so I'm trying to find the best option. The next AF flight leaves at 1:05 PM.

I've looked at taking the train from CDG to CGN, but it also departs at 7:45 AM so I don't know if that's any better (next train leaves at 10 AM and takes 5 hours so that doesn't work).
Old Apr 10, 2011, 7:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by plusorminus
Thanks for the advice. I haven't yet booked the AF flight yet so it sounds like I need to find an alternative. I need to be in CGN (Bonn actually) for a meeting in the early afternoon, so I'm trying to find the best option. The next AF flight leaves at 1:05 PM.

I've looked at taking the train from CDG to CGN, but it also departs at 7:45 AM so I don't know if that's any better (next train leaves at 10 AM and takes 5 hours so that doesn't work).
Why don't you fly to DUS ? It's a well-served airport (multiple daily flights) while CGN is not so well served since most German administrations moved to Berlin. And you rent a car in DUS. It's only a 1 to 1.5 hr easy drive (only expressway)
Old Apr 11, 2011, 12:54 pm

Programs: AA Plat, LAN Comodoro, LH SEN, Flying Blue Plat
Sorry, a silly question perhaps but from the OP and on AF's website, it seems to suggest that FB Plat can access all lounges at CDG. So does it mean that I am allowed to do the following as a FB Plat?

1. Enter La Premiere Lounge at CDG 2E with a Y boarding pass
2. Enter CDG 2C Arrival Lounge with a Y boarding pass connecting to another Y flight from Orly

!!!!!!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 1:20 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by rownada
Sorry, a silly question perhaps but from the OP and on AF's website, it seems to suggest that FB Plat can access all lounges at CDG. So does it mean that I am allowed to do the following as a FB Plat?

1. Enter La Premiere Lounge at CDG 2E with a Y boarding pass
2. Enter CDG 2C Arrival Lounge with a Y boarding pass connecting to another Y flight from Orly

!!!!!!
You can ask

1. absolutely no
2. I am not sure I understand what you mean: you don't need an onward connection to use the arrivals lounge in 2C. You need to be arriving at CDG on a long-haul SkyTeam flight.
Old May 15, 2011, 12:15 pm

Programs: DL FO
Hi all,

My sister and her fiance will be flying SFO-CDG-PSA. The long-haul segment is in J, the short-haul segment is in Y on a CR7, and the layover in CDG is 4hr 5min. I am instructing them to go to the arrivals lounge in 2C upon arrival. However, after the arrivals lounge closes at 14:00, is it possible for them to access the lounge in 2G? I know the 2G lounge is nothing special, but I'm wondering if their long-haul business class BP will give them access to the 2G lounge. It's an award reservation and both segments would have been booked in J... if the CR7 had it. Neither has any status with SkyTeam.
Old May 15, 2011, 2:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by hoth300
Hi all,

My sister and her fiance will be flying SFO-CDG-PSA. The long-haul segment is in J, the short-haul segment is in Y on a CR7, and the layover in CDG is 4hr 5min. I am instructing them to go to the arrivals lounge in 2C upon arrival. However, after the arrivals lounge closes at 14:00, is it possible for them to access the lounge in 2G? I know the 2G lounge is nothing special, but I'm wondering if their long-haul business class BP will give them access to the 2G lounge. It's an award reservation and both segments would have been booked in J... if the CR7 had it. Neither has any status with SkyTeam.
Yes it's possible by showing the J BP. And your suggestion to go 1st to the arrival lounge in 2C is a good one
Old May 15, 2011, 4:13 pm

CDG Arrival Time for Europe Flight

Flying CDG-ATH on a Sunday morning 720am flight from Terminal 2D and staying at the Novotel. How late can we arrive to have enough time to check in and clear security? I know we can take the quick CDGVAL from the hotel to the terminal, so getting to the airport is not an issue. Trying to figure out how long I can sleep in. We are on a Delta ticket so I not sure of we can use kiosks to check in.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.