Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2011, 11:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by mattgoolsby
Flying CDG-ATH on a Sunday morning 720am flight from Terminal 2D and staying at the Novotel. How late can we arrive to have enough time to check in and clear security? I know we can take the quick CDGVAL from the hotel to the terminal, so getting to the airport is not an issue. Trying to figure out how long I can sleep in. We are on a Delta ticket so I not sure of we can use kiosks to check in.
Limit check-in time is 30 min before departure for EU flights. Normally, you can use the kiosk, but with a DL ticket, you can never be sure...Getting you in 2D from the Novotel CDG will take you approx 15 min, so I would leave the Novotel maximum at 6:15 am. If you don't have luggage to check, you could also do OLCI the day before.
One question (just curious) : you said you have a DL ticket. This means you are in connection from a US originating flight (as you cannot purchase an "isolated" DL-coded flight CDG-ATH) ? If yes, may be they will give you this BP to ATH when you leave the US ?
Old May 16, 2011, 4:01 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Limit check-in time is 30 min before departure for EU flights. Normally, you can use the kiosk, but with a DL ticket, you can never be sure...Getting you in 2D from the Novotel CDG will take you approx 15 min, so I would leave the Novotel maximum at 6:15 am. If you don't have luggage to check, you could also do OLCI the day before.
One question (just curious) : you said you have a DL ticket. This means you are in connection from a US originating flight (as you cannot purchase an "isolated" DL-coded flight CDG-ATH) ? If yes, may be they will give you this BP to ATH when you leave the US ?
Yes. We are flying in from ATL the day before and overnighting in Paris before continuing on the next day.
Old May 16, 2011, 8:51 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Why don't you try to check your luggage all the way through to ATH. Though I've never done this at CDG, I know KL does it overnight in AMS and UX does it in MAD.

The Novotel is very well placed, but I would not cut it to the last minute to arrive at the gate, CDGVAL may be down and you have to take a bus, happened once to me.
Old Jul 8, 2011, 2:29 pm

Air France Lounge at CDG

Hello. I am new to this forum. I will be flying Delta from JFK-CDG-OUA on 7/9/2011. I have a 2 hrs lay over at CDG. Do I have enough time to check the Air France Lounge at E2?
Old Jul 9, 2011, 12:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by blbzr
Hello. I am new to this forum. I will be flying Delta from JFK-CDG-OUA on 7/9/2011. I have a 2 hrs lay over at CDG. Do I have enough time to check the Air France Lounge at E2?
Welcome to Flyertalk Blbzr !
Certainly, as you don't have immigration to pass and that it's very likely that your connection will be intra 2E terminal. There are 2 lounges in 2E : one in the main pier (concourse) and one in satellite S3. You cannot choose : you have to use the one located in the concourse your flight to OUA is departing from.
Old Jul 9, 2011, 6:22 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
Welcome to Flyertalk Blbzr !
Certainly, as you don't have immigration to pass and that it's very likely that your connection will be intra 2E terminal. There are 2 lounges in 2E : one in the main pier (concourse) and one in satellite S3. You cannot choose : you have to use the one located in the concourse your flight to OUA is departing from.

Awesome. Thanks a lot for the information.
Old Jul 21, 2011, 6:02 pm

Programs: Delta
Lounge access

I wasn't quite sure where to ask this, if I am in the wrong place please let me know... I booked DL award ticket on an AF flight in Affaires to CDG. Do I still get access to AF lounges since I am in the Affaires cabin?
Old Jul 22, 2011, 1:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by cmc87
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this, if I am in the wrong place please let me know... I booked DL award ticket on an AF flight in Affaires to CDG. Do I still get access to AF lounges since I am in the Affaires cabin?
Yes, anyone with a business class BP can access the lounge.
Old Jul 22, 2011, 6:52 am

Programs: Delta
Thanks! I've never flown with AF so I wanted to make sure.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:45 am

Exclamation AF5553 ABZ - CDG Question! Arrival gate/Terminal? Shuttle Bus?

Good Afternoon all!

I'm travelling on AF5553 next week. I've been reading about this flight AF5553 (AF operated by Regionalle) from Aberdeen to Paris CDG. I've noticed on the flight status websites that there is never an arrival gate mentioned, but it is said to arrive at Terminal 2E. Now, earlier posts in this thread have mentioned an arrival at Terminal 2F followed by a transfer bus. Is this still the case? The Air France webite says Terminal 2E.

Does anyone know what gate/area this arrives in? Reason being I'm due land at 9AM and catch a TGV at 10:28. I'll only be hand-carrying luggage and Termianl E is supposed to be only a few minutes walk from the TGV station. Any thoughts? Might be tight but should be do-able - I hope!

Lastly, a friend is flying in on a flight from the US into terminal E before me. Is there an arrivals hall for terminal 2E? Or would it be elsewhere and for ALL of 2E? Just wondering where we could meet. Perhaps station would be a better bet.

Hope someone can help with this!

Many thanks,

Craig
Old Jul 27, 2011, 7:12 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by craig_sp
Good Afternoon all!

I'm travelling on AF5553 next week. I've been reading about this flight AF5553 (AF operated by Regionalle) from Aberdeen to Paris CDG. I've noticed on the flight status websites that there is never an arrival gate mentioned, but it is said to arrive at Terminal 2E. Now, earlier posts in this thread have mentioned an arrival at Terminal 2F followed by a transfer bus. Is this still the case? The Air France webite says Terminal 2E.

Does anyone know what gate/area this arrives in? Reason being I'm due land at 9AM and catch a TGV at 10:28. I'll only be hand-carrying luggage and Termianl E is supposed to be only a few minutes walk from the TGV station. Any thoughts? Might be tight but should be do-able - I hope!

Lastly, a friend is flying in on a flight from the US into terminal E before me. Is there an arrivals hall for terminal 2E? Or would it be elsewhere and for ALL of 2E? Just wondering where we could meet. Perhaps station would be a better bet.

Hope someone can help with this!

Many thanks,

Craig
Answered in the thread you devoted to this issue .
Old Sep 8, 2011, 5:03 am

Hi There

I am flying Edi to CDG to Miami and have 1hr 50 mins for the connection. ALthough the City Jet arrives at terminal 2E and I take off again at terminal 2E I can remember quite a bit of bussing around the last time we did this.

Will it still be the same, i.e do we still have to re-clear security at CDG or are things more streamlined now?

Do you think 1hr 50 is ok for this route?

Thanks for any help/suggestions.
Old Sep 8, 2011, 4:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

It all depends where your Avro will be parked. From EDI, sometimes they park near a 2E gate so you are fine, sometimes they park at 2G and then you are bussed to 2E. Impossible to know in advance. But whatever your situation you have more than enough time. For security, coming from MIA, you have to go through security at CDG. From EDI, I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to go through also, as you are arriving from non-Schengen.
If you have a status in Skyteam, you can use the fast track lanes call "Accès No1".
Old Sep 9, 2011, 12:22 pm

Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum. I have a trip coming up in November LAX-CDG-BLR and I have an 18hr layover at CDG.
LAX - CDG Arrival Tuesday 11/15 2:00PM
CDG - BLR Departure Wednesday 11/16 10:30AM
Since I'm only a green card holder, I'm getting ready to apply for short stay visa to Paris.
By looking at easycdg.com connections, I may be arriving at 2E from LAX and departing from 2C to BLR.
I have never been to Paris or flown through CDG.
Please help me with the following questions..
1. Any info on which hotels to stay and restaurants is appreciated.
2. Sightseeing - please suggest places to tour around
3. Being a weekday, should I take cab/bus/train to the city?
4. Anything else I should be aware of?
5. On my return trip I have about 2hrs layover in CDG. I'm assuming this should be enough to transfer.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
SR.
Old Sep 10, 2011, 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by ShadowRider06
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to this forum. I have a trip coming up in November LAX-CDG-BLR and I have an 18hr layover at CDG.
LAX - CDG Arrival Tuesday 11/15 2:00PM
CDG - BLR Departure Wednesday 11/16 10:30AM
Since I'm only a green card holder, I'm getting ready to apply for short stay visa to Paris.
By looking at easycdg.com connections, I may be arriving at 2E from LAX and departing from 2C to BLR.
I have never been to Paris or flown through CDG.
Please help me with the following questions..
1. Any info on which hotels to stay and restaurants is appreciated.
2. Sightseeing - please suggest places to tour around
3. Being a weekday, should I take cab/bus/train to the city?
4. Anything else I should be aware of?
5. On my return trip I have about 2hrs layover in CDG. I'm assuming this should be enough to transfer.

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks,
SR.

I have nearly the same CDG layover situation in a few months and am also interested in tapping into other's expertise & experience!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.