Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2012, 9:40 am

Increase in MCT?

I saw a report someplace else that the mininmum connect time within Terminal 2 had been increased to 90 minutes. I subscribe to this thread and don't remember seeing it, and don't detect it in the subject lines in the first couple of pages of this forum; can it be confirmed?
Old Mar 23, 2012, 4:27 am

Programs: DL DM; *A-Gold
Originally Posted by rove312
I saw a report someplace else that the mininmum connect time within Terminal 2 had been increased to 90 minutes. I subscribe to this thread and don't remember seeing it, and don't detect it in the subject lines in the first couple of pages of this forum; can it be confirmed?
I don't think so, I book regularly 60 minute transfers either via TA or directly with AF. 90 min is safer of course, but I don't think it's the MCT.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:23 pm

Coming in from YUL on flt 345 arr at CDG at T 2E at 6:10am. Will be departing from T 2F on flt 1842 to GVA at 8:00am. Is T2E within walking distance of T 2F? I checked out the CDG map but I'm still unsure. I'm flying in J if that makes a difference.

Bobette
Old Mar 26, 2012, 4:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by b1513
Coming in from YUL on flt 345 arr at CDG at T 2E at 6:10am. Will be departing from T 2F on flt 1842 to GVA at 8:00am. Is T2E within walking distance of T 2F? I checked out the CDG map but I'm still unsure. I'm flying in J if that makes a difference.

Bobette
Definitely walk !
Flying J entitles you to use priority lanes (called "Accès No1") for immigration and security

PS : keep in mind that your arrival at 2E is not guaranteed. You may also arrive at the other non-Schengen terminals used by AF, i.e. 2F (would be nice for you) or 2C.
Old Apr 2, 2012, 5:01 pm

Hi!
I am new to flyertalk and hoping to get some info on my upcoming trip through CDG.

I am flying LAX-CDG-BCN. I have an 1h20m connection time. From looking at easycdg.com it looks like I arrive in Terminal 2E and depart to BCN out of 2F.

I will be flying business (affaires) class.

How tight will my connection be? Any tips to make it less stressful? I will not be checking any luggage.

Thanks!
Old Apr 2, 2012, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by theriviera
Hi!
I am new to flyertalk and hoping to get some info on my upcoming trip through CDG.

I am flying LAX-CDG-BCN. I have an 1h20m connection time. From looking at easycdg.com it looks like I arrive in Terminal 2E and depart to BCN out of 2F.

I will be flying business (affaires) class.

How tight will my connection be? Any tips to make it less stressful? I will not be checking any luggage.

Thanks!
1h20 is doable, especially flying J as you are entitled to use the fast track lanes, called "Sky Priority / Accès N°1", for immigration and security. Just follow the signs for 2F when you leave the LAX plane. 2E to 2F is an easy connection. It is also possible that you'll arrive from LAX in 2F (so good for you ) or in 2C (AF will soon leave this terminal, so it depends when you fly). The arrival terminal will be announced while taxiing at CDG after landing.
Enjoy your flights
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:38 am

I am also concerned about a connection. I'm used to doing connections with at least 2 hours, although I have unfortunately had to do one shorter. I have only been through CDG once, and it wasn't the most pleasant trip.

I'm flying EDI-CDG-IAD (DL8569 and DL8496) I know I'll be flying Cityjet then AF, but those are the flight codes I have.

I understand that I will have to go through passport control and security (according to KLM), but I don't understand passport control.. And it'll be terminal 2E to 2E..

Questions.. is this realistic and possible? an hour 15 minutes connection seems tight..

What will lines be like/can i skip them if need be? I don't have status/flying economy

Thanks! Ps, does anyone know the likely route ill have to take, the website is pretty useless, and i know my plane can land anywhere but a rough guide?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by x3ashh
I am also concerned about a connection. I'm used to doing connections with at least 2 hours, although I have unfortunately had to do one shorter. I have only been through CDG once, and it wasn't the most pleasant trip.

I'm flying EDI-CDG-IAD (DL8569 and DL8496) I know I'll be flying Cityjet then AF, but those are the flight codes I have.

I understand that I will have to go through passport control and security (according to KLM), but I don't understand passport control.. And it'll be terminal 2E to 2E..

Questions.. is this realistic and possible? an hour 15 minutes connection seems tight..

What will lines be like/can i skip them if need be? I don't have status/flying economy

Thanks! Ps, does anyone know the likely route ill have to take, the website is pretty useless, and i know my plane can land anywhere but a rough guide?
If you are flying Cityjet to CDG, your plane will most probably be parked at terminal 2G from where you're bussed to 2E where you look out for the sign flight connections within terminal 2E, you then have to reclear security, but not immigration. 1h15 is more than enough time.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Goldorak
1h20 is doable, especially flying J as you are entitled to use the fast track lanes, called "Sky Priority / Accès N°1", for immigration and security. Just follow the signs for 2F when you leave the LAX plane. 2E to 2F is an easy connection. It is also possible that you'll arrive from LAX in 2F (so good for you ) or in 2C (AF will soon leave this terminal, so it depends when you fly). The arrival terminal will be announced while taxiing at CDG after landing.
Enjoy your flights
Thanks!
Old Apr 5, 2012, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by MarLim
If you are flying Cityjet to CDG, your plane will most probably be parked at terminal 2G from where you're bussed to 2E where you look out for the sign flight connections within terminal 2E, you then have to reclear security, but not immigration. 1h15 is more than enough time.
I will be travelling at about 10am, what will security lines be like? I've heard a lot of horror stories about connecting at CDG..
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:24 am

Originally Posted by x3ashh
I will be travelling at about 10am, what will security lines be like? I've heard a lot of horror stories about connecting at CDG..
I don't know that particular security line (I'm usually connecting domestic to Int'l or starting my trip at CDG. I would not expect more than 15 minutes wait (rather less and for sure less if you are skypriority)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 9:18 am

Originally Posted by MarLim
I don't know that particular security line (I'm usually connecting domestic to Int'l or starting my trip at CDG. I would not expect more than 15 minutes wait (rather less and for sure less if you are skypriority)
Thank you for all your help, I'm not dreading the connection quite as much
Old Apr 8, 2012, 8:26 am

Programs: BA & BD Gold Once Upon a Time
Operating Hours of Hotel Shuttle at CDG

Apologies if this has been asked before.

My family of four are travelling to USM via CDG to avoid the crippling $800 UK air passenger duty.

Our flight from LHR gets into CDG at 2230 hours. By the time we get our baggage etc it could be 2330 hours by the time we get to the shuttle stop. Do the hotel shuttle buses run at this time.

I plan on using Hotwire or Priceline, so don't know what hotel we are staying in yet, but it will be 4 star andin the catchment area of CDG.

Also, are the hotel shuttles at CDG free?

Take in advance.
Old Apr 8, 2012, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Oil-man
Do the hotel shuttle buses run at this time.

Also, are the hotel shuttles at CDG free?
yes, the shuttles will run at that time, and yes, they are free (UK is the only country I know where you have to pay for this kind of shuttle - scandalous IMO)
Old Apr 9, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: Flying Blue Ivory, EasyJet Plus, Club Corsair Gold, Thalys TheCard Platinum, Navigo 1-5
My turn to ask questions

I have a flight on Wednesday leaving CDG 2E at 7:20am (to DUB) and I'm planning to use public transportation to reach CDG from Paris.

What time would you recommend to be at CDG in order to clear security and board (i'll do ICI as I have no luggages) ?
Has anyone used the RER B so early ? Is it reliable ? :P

Thanks in advance for your answers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.