Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2010, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by JOUY31
It would be useful to have some additional information in order to be able to give you sound advice, such as:

- day of the week
- time of the day
- whether it is holiday time or not
- type and number of pieces of baggage
- number of people travelling

Thanks.
- Wednesday
- early AM (flying in from JFK)
- not a holiday
- 2 suitcases
- 2 people
Old Jun 30, 2010, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
You can take public transport for less than twenty bucks a person. I would take the Air France Montparnasse bus, then a train from Montparnasse to Versailles.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 6:46 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Originally Posted by JOUY31
Definitely.
Thanks much to you both. Had forgotten that I can use Acces at passport control, thought it was just for security.
Old Jul 6, 2010, 6:13 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

I've never done a Star-Star connection at CDG before, so I wonder whether a 55-minute T1-T1 connection would be possible (LH-UA)? It has to be below the official MCT, but assuming I can get it ticketed, is it a really bad idea to cut it this close? Thanks!
Old Jul 16, 2010, 9:34 am

Programs: DM/3MM
As a follow-up from going from 2E to 2G, my flight arrived on time, but if I didn't have Access N1, I would have never made my connection, as the immigration line was long and slow.

Pleasant surprise on the return, we were bussed airside from 2G to 2E, and did not have to go through security again (just a rudimentary immigation station in 2G, prior to getting on the bus).
Old Sep 3, 2010, 2:52 pm

Programs: Delta DM and 2 MM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
How comfortable would experienced travelers be with a 100-minute connection at CDG, two AF flights, Monday 29.11 in the morning, coming from IST and heading to LAX? This would let me sleep 3 hours longer than taking a more relaxed connection in AMS on KLM...
Old Sep 4, 2010, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Uncle Lars
How comfortable would experienced travelers be with a 100-minute connection at CDG, two AF flights, Monday 29.11 in the morning, coming from IST and heading to LAX? This would let me sleep 3 hours longer than taking a more relaxed connection in AMS on KLM...
no problem. No immigration to pass, just security. You even have a chance to do a same terminal connection.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 1:58 pm

We'll be flying FCO-CDG-SIN, with a 2-1/2 hour layover in CDG. We'll be arriving in 2F and leaving from 2E.

We need to get our tax refund forms stamped in 2E. Would you guys suggest we pick-up our luggage in CDG 2F, then go check them in again in 2E, in case customs want to inspect the goods? Or should we just check the luggage through to SIN?

Can we walk from 2F to 2E landside?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 3:03 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
We'll be flying FCO-CDG-SIN, with a 2-1/2 hour layover in CDG. We'll be arriving in 2F and leaving from 2E.

We need to get our tax refund forms stamped in 2E. Would you guys suggest we pick-up our luggage in CDG 2F, then go check them in again in 2E, in case customs want to inspect the goods? Or should we just check the luggage through to SIN?

Can we walk from 2F to 2E landside?
I would suggest
- checking your baggage through to SIN, you don't need the goods to get your tax refund forms
- walking landside from 2F to 2E: it takes about 3mn from the moment you exit the baggage carrousel area in 2F to immigration check in 2E. Just walk straight ahead through the Galerie (there are some portraits of General de Gaulle on the way) and take the escalator right in front of you when you arrive in 2E. Immigration is straight ahead and, IIRC, tax refund is to your left. The queue for tax refund can be long, though.
Old Sep 5, 2010, 9:52 pm

JOUY31, many thanks.

The tax refund is landside, right? I assume I'll get my CDG-SIN boarding pass in FCO, so I'll go straight to tax refund then immigration in 2E?

By the way, I opted for cash refund this time. Where does one collect the money? In the landside tax refund counter itself or inside after immigration?
Old Sep 5, 2010, 10:05 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by broadwayboy
JOUY31, many thanks.

The tax refund is landside, right?
Yes. Actually, I have seen automated kiosks in S3, but as I have no legal basis for claiming back the taxes, I have no idea what you can do with these kiosks .

I assume I'll get my CDG-SIN boarding pass in FCO, so I'll go straight to tax refund then immigration in 2E?
Yes.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:32 am

2E to 2F2

Hi all. I just joined here as I'm kinda worried about my connection at the end of this month.

I'm flying from Edinburgh to CDG then connecting to fly to Abu Dhabi. I assume I'll land at 2E and board again at 2F2. I have never been to this airport before, nor have I ever made a connection at an airport. I have just 1h25m between planes.

Will I make it? And can anyone recommend the best way?

Thanks
Old Oct 5, 2010, 1:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by dowzerr
Hi all. I just joined here as I'm kinda worried about my connection at the end of this month.

I'm flying from Edinburgh to CDG then connecting to fly to Abu Dhabi. I assume I'll land at 2E and board again at 2F2. I have never been to this airport before, nor have I ever made a connection at an airport. I have just 1h25m between planes.

Will I make it? And can anyone recommend the best way?

Thanks
very easy connection. You'll need less than 30 min (taking into account that you'll be bussed to the terminal arriving from EDI on CityJet Avro RJ85 which are always parked at a remote stand).
Old Oct 6, 2010, 2:51 pm

Programs: AS mileage plan
Not a transfer question...well kinda sorta

Here's the deal. On my way to JNB from SEA in 12 days time, I have a nice, comfy 14 hour layover in Paris. I figured, hey, get a day room at a hotel, rest up a little, do some sightseeing.

I got the hotel figured out and booked (Mercure Alles de Verges). Supposedly, the hotel has a free shuttle to and from CDG and I want to figure out where to catch the shuttle. The hotel's website is very helpful, with the answer of Terminal 2. Uhm, okay. That's not very specific. I'll be landing at 2E. Is it worthwile to try and hunt down the pickup spot for the shuttle, or jsut get a taxi to the hotel?

Question 2.
Next I'd like to get to all the touristy places in Paris. The way I see it, taking the Air France bus seems like the least amount of hassle. I will take line 2 and get off at Etoile ( 1 avenue Carnot). Where at CDG would I catch the bus?

Does this plan make sense or do I have no idea what I'm doing?
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:00 pm

Question 1

http://www.easycdg.com/pages/cdg_airport_hotelspag.html

Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the list of pick-up points in the various concourses within CDG2.

For 2E and 2F, it is a joint pick-up point in the Galerie that links 2F and 2F landside, with large photographs of General de Gaulle on the sides. On the West side of the Galerie (facing the Sheraton) IIRC.

Question 2
Close to the above-mentioned location. Galerie 3, rather than Galerie 4.

Last edited by JOUY31; Oct 6, 2010 at 3:12 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.