Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by AllTheNamesWhereTaken
Here's the deal. On my way to JNB from SEA in 12 days time, I have a nice, comfy 14 hour layover in Paris. I figured, hey, get a day room at a hotel, rest up a little, do some sightseeing.

I got the hotel figured out and booked (Mercure Alles de Verges). Supposedly, the hotel has a free shuttle to and from CDG and I want to figure out where to catch the shuttle. The hotel's website is very helpful, with the answer of Terminal 2. Uhm, okay. That's not very specific. I'll be landing at 2E. Is it worthwile to try and hunt down the pickup spot for the shuttle, or jsut get a taxi to the hotel?

Question 2.
Next I'd like to get to all the touristy places in Paris. The way I see it, taking the Air France bus seems like the least amount of hassle. I will take line 2 and get off at Etoile ( 1 avenue Carnot). Where at CDG would I catch the bus?

Does this plan make sense or do I have no idea what I'm doing?
Your booking a hotel in Roissy and then also catching Les Cars in to Paris. Its going to be very time consuming. You may have a 14 hour layover but it takes about an hour into and out of Paris via Les Cars (more if traffic is horrific). You might want to consider a hotel closer to the airport or at least the train station and then take the RER in to Paris for some sightseeing. You are going to have to go to the hotel, get back to the airport, go into Paris, go back to the airport, go back to the hotel and then go back to the airport with what you are suggesting.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 3:19 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Nugget_Oz
Your booking a hotel in Roissy and then also catching Les Cars in to Paris. Its going to be very time consuming. You may have a 14 hour layover but it takes about an hour into and out of Paris via Les Cars (more if traffic is horrific). You might want to consider a hotel closer to the airport or at least the train station and then take the RER in to Paris for some sightseeing. You are going to have to go to the hotel, get back to the airport, go into Paris, go back to the airport, go back to the hotel and then go back to the airport with what you are suggesting.
I second the recommendation to get a hotel closer to the terminals. Getting to the Mercure can take some time, although it is true that the hotels around the Mercure are cheaper. Hotels close to the terminals include the Ibis, the Novotel, the Hilton and of course the Sheraton.

With respect to AF coaches, it really depends on the time of the day. At off-peak times, I would personally take the AF coach (or the RoissyBus) as it is convenient and hassle free. At peak times, the RER suburban train would be a far better option.
Old Oct 6, 2010, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by JOUY31
I second the recommendation to get a hotel closer to the terminals. Getting to the Mercure can take some time, although it is true that the hotels around the Mercure are cheaper. Hotels close to the terminals include the Ibis, the Novotel, the Hilton and of course the Sheraton.

With respect to AF coaches, it really depends on the time of the day. At off-peak times, I would personally take the AF coach (or the RoissyBus) as it is convenient and hassle free. At peak times, the RER suburban train would be a far better option.
True and I have noticed they have started taking a different route into Paris rather than the A3 all the way by going through Parc des Expositions and then come in via Vincennes.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: DL FO
Hi all,

I booked a ticket for my sister and her fiance in Affaires class. First leg is SFO-CDG, then CDG-PSA.

They will be arriving into Terminal 2E, and then departing from Terminal 2G for the CDG-PSA flight operated by REGIONAL COMPAGNIE AERIE.

My question is this: After clearing customs in CDG, will their luggage automatically be transferred to Terminal 2G or will they have to bring the luggage over to 2G themselves? Since they will be traveling in Affaires, I'd like for them to be able to take advantage of the arrivals lounge in 2E.

Also, if their flight from CDG-PSA departs at 3:40pm, what time should they plan to leave 2E?

Thanks in advance for any insight!
Old Oct 9, 2010, 8:40 pm

If the bags are checked through, which should happen if the trip is booked on one itinerary and they should be able to request even if it's on separate itineraries, there's no need to claim bags at all; it doesn't work like on U.S. arrivals. They would clear passport control for a Schengen connection, but they don't need to claim their bags and take them through customs. There could be customs agents at PSA looking for bags that don't have green stripes on the tags, and ask to inspect them, but it's unlikely they'll have any inspection even there.
Old Oct 9, 2010, 9:00 pm

Programs: DL FO
Thanks so much! Any idea what time they should leave 2E for 2G for a 3:40pm flight? I believe there is a bus they need to take to get there.... and I'm assuming they'll get their boarding passes for CDG-PSA when they check in at SFO?
Old Oct 9, 2010, 11:42 pm

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by hoth300
Since they will be traveling in Affaires, I'd like for them to be able to take advantage of the arrivals lounge in 2E.
The arrivals lounge is in 2C, rather than in 2E. Once they are landside in 2E, reaching the arrivals lounge requires a 10mn walk.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 10:59 am

Programs: DL PM
Sorry, another connection question as I have never connected at CDG before. I'll be flying AF Biz from AMS-CDG-LAX and have about 80min to connect. Is there a chance my onward flt will depart from the same terminal I arrive at? Thanks
Old Oct 13, 2010, 2:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by Jac747
Sorry, another connection question as I have never connected at CDG before. I'll be flying AF Biz from AMS-CDG-LAX and have about 80min to connect. Is there a chance my onward flt will depart from the same terminal I arrive at? Thanks
No. AMS flights arrive normally at 2F (could be 2D in a few occasions) and LAX-bound flights depart from 2E. But 2F to 2E is a very easy connection.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: DL PM
Thanks-guess that still means a shuttle bus or is it walkable?
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Jac747
Thanks-guess that still means a shuttle bus or is it walkable?
I'd walk. can be done in 10min. just follow the signs for 2D. It improved alot over the last years ... no worry
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by chrissxb
I'd walk. can be done in 10min. just follow the signs for 2D. It improved alot over the last years ... no worry
Hmm, I'd rather follow the signs for 2E (and not 2D) to go to LAX
Old Oct 13, 2010, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Goldorak
Hmm, I'd rather follow the signs for 2E (and not 2D) to go to LAX
oops note to self: do not reply to any thread before you're 100% awake
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:41 am

terminal 2e question - shuttle??

hi,

i'm wondering if i can get some help on my question regarding terminal 2e at cdg. i'm returning to sfo from cdg in february 2011 (10:40 am direct flight), out of terminal 2e. (i will be arriving at the airport via the tgv that arrives at the cdg train station around 8:30ish.)

i remember that in 2006 when my husband and i took this flight (with the same train connection), we had barely made our flight even though we got to the airport more than two or two and a half hours before departure. we had to go through a huge security line, and i remember having to take some kind of shuttle after walking through the maze at cdg to get to what we thought was the departing gate. we barely made the shuttle that trekked us out to who-knows-where, where our actual departure gate was.

so my question is:
is this still the case in 2010, that you have to ride a shuttle to get to the departure gate at this terminal? or was my experience due to there being renovations or something in 2006? i'm hoping that i can actually walk to the gate, and not worry about an intra-airport connection, since we'll now have an infant with us as well. do you think our train-plane connection is doable?

thanks for any insight on this!
Old Oct 14, 2010, 4:03 am

Originally Posted by betsily
hi,

i'm wondering if i can get some help on my question regarding terminal 2e at cdg. i'm returning to sfo from cdg in february 2011 (10:40 am direct flight), out of terminal 2e. (i will be arriving at the airport via the tgv that arrives at the cdg train station around 8:30ish.)

i remember that in 2006 when my husband and i took this flight (with the same train connection), we had barely made our flight even though we got to the airport more than two or two and a half hours before departure. we had to go through a huge security line, and i remember having to take some kind of shuttle after walking through the maze at cdg to get to what we thought was the departing gate. we barely made the shuttle that trekked us out to who-knows-where, where our actual departure gate was.

so my question is:
is this still the case in 2010, that you have to ride a shuttle to get to the departure gate at this terminal? or was my experience due to there being renovations or something in 2006? i'm hoping that i can actually walk to the gate, and not worry about an intra-airport connection, since we'll now have an infant with us as well. do you think our train-plane connection is doable?

thanks for any insight on this!
Your 2006 experience was due to the main 2E boarding pier being closed and replaced by a temporary boarding satellite. This is no longer the case, although you might have to take an automated shuttle (45s ride every 2mn) to the S3 boarding pier if your flight does not leave from the main boarding pier.

Walking from the TGV station to 2E is, IMHO, quite doable with an infant. It might take 15mn rather than 10mn, but that should be about it.

In short, you should be fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.