FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Oct 14, 2010, 1:41 am
betsily

terminal 2e question - shuttle??

hi,

i'm wondering if i can get some help on my question regarding terminal 2e at cdg. i'm returning to sfo from cdg in february 2011 (10:40 am direct flight), out of terminal 2e. (i will be arriving at the airport via the tgv that arrives at the cdg train station around 8:30ish.)

i remember that in 2006 when my husband and i took this flight (with the same train connection), we had barely made our flight even though we got to the airport more than two or two and a half hours before departure. we had to go through a huge security line, and i remember having to take some kind of shuttle after walking through the maze at cdg to get to what we thought was the departing gate. we barely made the shuttle that trekked us out to who-knows-where, where our actual departure gate was.

so my question is:
is this still the case in 2010, that you have to ride a shuttle to get to the departure gate at this terminal? or was my experience due to there being renovations or something in 2006? i'm hoping that i can actually walk to the gate, and not worry about an intra-airport connection, since we'll now have an infant with us as well. do you think our train-plane connection is doable?

thanks for any insight on this!