Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2022, 4:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Terminal 2G is reopening today (thursday 14/04)
Old Apr 15, 2022, 9:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
We are flying out of CDG on Delta in June on a Wednesday. This means Terminal 2E. Our flight departs at 10:25am.
Family of 4, I have SkyTeam Priority thanks to my Plat status. BUT, we split the itinerary so mrs pbiflyer and I get the free upgrade to Comfort+, had to only pay for the kids that way. So, not sure the entire family will be able to use expedited lines for anything. But kids are going to be cranky getting up so early on our last day. Trying to not cut it close but also trying to keep everyone happy by not getting up at dark thirty and then having a ton of time in the airport sitting around.
I heard it has been really time consuming this past year to get through security and passport control.

So, questions (one I know is better suited for DL forum, but maybe get the answer here).
1. Do we really need to be there 3 hours beforehand to clear passport control and security?
2. How long should we allow for a taxi from the Palais Garnier area? Google maps says anywhere from 30-60 minutes early in the morning.
3. If two of the 4 of us have the SkyTeam+ stamp, can we sandwich the kids between us to use a priority security line?

Thanks for any current insight.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 9:27 pm

transit 1h25m, need to go from 2E to 2G. so i dont have time to dawdle

what's the method these days? still that same N2 green bus line?

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by pbiflyer
We are flying out of CDG on Delta in June on a Wednesday. This means Terminal 2E. Our flight departs at 10:25am.
Family of 4, I have SkyTeam Priority thanks to my Plat status. BUT, we split the itinerary so mrs pbiflyer and I get the free upgrade to Comfort+, had to only pay for the kids that way. So, not sure the entire family will be able to use expedited lines for anything. But kids are going to be cranky getting up so early on our last day. Trying to not cut it close but also trying to keep everyone happy by not getting up at dark thirty and then having a ton of time in the airport sitting around.
I heard it has been really time consuming this past year to get through security and passport control.

So, questions (one I know is better suited for DL forum, but maybe get the answer here).
1. Do we really need to be there 3 hours beforehand to clear passport control and security?
2. How long should we allow for a taxi from the Palais Garnier area? Google maps says anywhere from 30-60 minutes early in the morning.
3. If two of the 4 of us have the SkyTeam+ stamp, can we sandwich the kids between us to use a priority security line?

Thanks for any current insight.
it will be no problem for the entire family to use the SP lanes at checkin, immigration and security.
I recommend you to arrive no later than 2.5 hrs before departure. This is the busiest departure bank in 2E. Taxi time from Opera to CDG should be max 1hr. So leave your hotel around 7 am.
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by gnomey
transit 1h25m, need to go from 2E to 2G. so i dont have time to dawdle

what's the method these days? still that same N2 green bus line?

https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass.../terminals-map
This shuttle is landside. You have to remain airside and need to use the shuttle serving the concourse you will arrive in (not possible to know it in advance). Just follow the signs for 2G when you disembark.
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...minal-shuttles
Old Apr 17, 2022, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Goldorak
This shuttle is landside. You have to remain airside and need to use the shuttle serving the concourse you will arrive in (not possible to know it in advance). Just follow the signs for 2G when you disembark.
https://www.parisaeroport.fr/en/pass...minal-shuttles
oh sweet, i dont have to exit then.
so i guess it will be right after passport control at 2E
Old Apr 17, 2022, 5:57 am

Programs: FB Gold
It's been a few years, but IIRC for 2E - 2G transfers (both in and out) the passport control takes place 2G which significantly reduces the queue.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by mlin32
It's been a few years, but IIRC for 2E - 2G transfers (both in and out) the passport control takes place 2G which significantly reduces the queue.
correct. Passport control in 2G. At least, it was like this before Covid.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 8:08 pm

My mom is going to transfer from 2F to 2E with wheelchair assistance next month. Anything she should know / be aware of?

Can she ask the wheelchair person to take her to the lounge once she reaches 2E? She has a 2 hours and 45 minute connecting time.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 1:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by FabCW
Can she ask the wheelchair person to take her to the lounge once she reaches 2E? She has a 2 hours and 45 minute connecting time.
yes, it's possible.
FabCW likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: Emirates, Air France, KLM
Hi Goldorak - been travelling in and out of CDG for many years now and just found this thread; very informative and showed me a few tips that I was unaware of despite frequent transits - so thanks!
pbiflyer likes this.
Old Apr 19, 2022, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by RikkiMac
Hi Goldorak - been travelling in and out of CDG for many years now and just found this thread; very informative and showed me a few tips that I was unaware of despite frequent transits - so thanks!
you are very welcome
Old Apr 27, 2022, 9:38 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
First time arriving in CDG this Saturday. ATL-CDG on Delta. My friend is arriving 2hrs later than I am so I'm planning to wait it out around the airport. Am I correct in seeing that I'll disembark, clear customs/passport control, and be spit out landside in 2E? Was hoping to spend those 2hrs in the airside terminal. Is there things to do/at least a seat landside?
Old Apr 28, 2022, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by Mhyduchak
First time arriving in CDG this Saturday. ATL-CDG on Delta. My friend is arriving 2hrs later than I am so I'm planning to wait it out around the airport. Am I correct in seeing that I'll disembark, clear customs/passport control, and be spit out landside in 2E? Was hoping to spend those 2hrs in the airside terminal. Is there things to do/at least a seat landside?
I am confused between landside and airside at the end of your post. I have the feeling you want to stay airside and you shouldn’t. There’s clearly no place to stay/wait there in the airside arrival flow, at least a pleasant one. You should go landside and go to departure level of terminal 2E (the terminal you will arrive in) and wait for your friend there in a café or restaurant.
pbiflyer, Fabo.sk and Mhyduchak like this.
Old Apr 29, 2022, 1:09 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Silver, Hertz PC, Avis PC, CLEAR
Originally Posted by Goldorak
You should go landside and go to departure level of terminal 2E (the terminal you will arrive in) and wait for your friend there in a café or restaurant.
Thank you so much. I also confused myself again until I looked at the terminal map one more time. Good to go now!
pbiflyer and Goldorak like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.