FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2012, 8:38 pm

Glad I found this thread. Here is the itinerary:

AF 1557 (operated by Tryolean Air) VIE - CDG , arrival at 9:30 A.M

AF 66 CDG- LAX , leaves at 10:15 A.M

From the flight status check it seems like AF 1557 will arrival in Terminal 2 D

AF 66 will leave from Terminal 2 E

With 1 hour 15 minutes connecting time, will I be able to catch my flight?

The terminal maps are confusing.

Does anyone know if I can just walk inside the building instead of taking a shuttle to 2 E?

Would I need to go through Customs and Immigration and Check through security?

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 17, 2012, 10:24 pm

Originally Posted by metoo

[...]
Maybe you mistyped a time? I see 45 minutes, which I don't think is currently legal.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by rove312
Maybe you mistyped a time? I see 45 minutes, which I don't think is currently legal.
The connection of the poster is 1h15 but there are indeed mistakes in the arrival and departing times. AF1557 arrives from VIE at 9:15 and AF066 to LAX departs at 10:30.

From the flight status check it seems like AF 1557 will arrival in Terminal 2 D

AF 66 will leave from Terminal 2 E

The terminal maps are confusing.

Does anyone know if I can just walk inside the building instead of taking a shuttle to 2 E?

Would I need to go through Customs and Immigration and Check through security?

Thanks in advance
Yes, you can walk from 2D to 2E, and this is really what I recommend. Reaching immigration in 2E will be no more than 10 min walking from the VIE plane gate. No customs, but immigration and security.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by rove312
Yes, sorry I mistyped. Goldorak is correct. I have 1 hour 15 minutes.

Goldorak- Will there be Skypriority line for Immigration and Security?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 8:52 pm

Programs: hilton gold,hyatt
I need to make from 2a to 2c ,i will be arriving on AA and leaving on emirates from 2c. indian citizen
can we walk or take airside to avoid immigration,BOS-DXB -hyd
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Goldorak- Will there be Skypriority line for Immigration and Security?
Yes. They are called SkyPriority with the usual red signage, but you can also see (especially for immigration) some signages "Accès N°1".

Originally Posted by newbieflyer1
I need to make from 2a to 2c ,i will be arriving on AA and leaving on emirates from 2c. indian citizen
can we walk or take airside to avoid immigration,BOS-DXB -hyd
Stay airside. You will have to go through security but not immigration.
Old Sep 1, 2012, 11:57 am

If I arrive from Germany at 2F and connecting to my US flight from 2E,
how can I reach the walking gallery connecting 2F and 2E?
What level is at? Arrivals 2F? I can see it's between gates 8 and 10 (?).
Sorry, but I've been there many times and was never able to use
this connecting bridge, always ended up on a bus or walking around.
The signs are all there to confuse you as they are not specific,
just "Terminal 2E" without saying if it's a bus route or the walking route. Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 12:53 pm
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
If I arrive from Germany at 2F and connecting to my US flight from 2E,
how can I reach the walking gallery connecting 2F and 2E?
What level is at? Arrivals 2F? I can see it's between gates 8 and 10 (?).
Sorry, but I've been there many times and was never able to use
this connecting bridge, always ended up on a bus or walking around.
The signs are all there to confuse you as they are not specific,
just "Terminal 2E" without saying if it's a bus route or the walking route. Thanks!
It is on the arrivals level in 2F. When you exit the baggage carrousel area, just walk straight ahead. You are in the gallery to 2E already. Since the beginning of summer, there is work going on in this gallery in order to implement, one level above, an airside passageway between 2F and 2E, which should be completed before the end of the year. In case the works are still going on, the wide gallery has been reduced to a more narrow passageway, located on the right handside. If the works are finished, just get on the moving walkways straight ahead to 2E.

Finally, once you have exited the baggage retrieval area in 2F, there is really no possible bus route to go to 2E. So any sign you see there to 2E involves the walking route.

Good luck
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:15 am

Programs: Many. Too many. I came here to cut them down. I failed.
Hello everyone, and I promised I *have* used the search function (probably not very well ). I thought i'd test out CDG's fearsome reputation next month!

I'm flying in on Easyjet, but leaving on Qatar (Terminal 1), with an overnight. What is the closest airport hotel (there will be 4 of us, inc 1x 6 year old and 1 x 18 month old).

I'm understanding the concept of the CDGVAL - and i'm keen on Accor properties (Novotel, Mercure, Pullman, Ibis, Suite Novotel) as I get a good rate.

Easy access to T1 is the priority - by walking or CDGVAL if possible - I have a strong dislike to airport shuttle buses (oh, and I don't speak French!).

Thank you in advance.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 9:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Sam Bee
I'm understanding the concept of the CDGVAL - and i'm keen on Accor properties (Novotel, Mercure, Pullman, Ibis, Suite Novotel) as I get a good rate.
There is a Novotel at Roissypole and you can easily walk over to the CDGVAL to get to T1. Signs and announcements are in French and English on the CDGVAL. It is very easy.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by stimpy
There is a Novotel at Roissypole and you can easily walk over to the CDGVAL to get to T1. Signs and announcements are in French and English on the CDGVAL. It is very easy.
Add to this Ibis (budget 2 star hotel) and Hilton. All in the same area as the Novotel and just a quick ride on the VAL will lead you to T1. Regarding the Novotel suggested by Stimpy, it is connected directly to the train station (no need to even go out !)
Old Sep 13, 2012, 2:57 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me with a connection question. I am flying on American Airlines from JFK arriving at CDG at 10:35am. I then I have a completely new booking on Air France to Strasbourg at 13:05. These are not connected flights, meaning AF knows nothing about my American flight. That gives me 2 1/2 hours. Is that enough time? I will have to go through immigration and customs when I get into CDG and then get over to 2G and then check in and I assume go through security at 2G. I'm quite nervous about making it. Any suggestions. Thank you so much
Old Sep 13, 2012, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor 25+ Badge

Originally Posted by lsiman76
I'm hoping someone can help me with a connection question. I am flying on American Airlines from JFK arriving at CDG at 10:35am. I then I have a completely new booking on Air France to Strasbourg at 13:05. These are not connected flights, meaning AF knows nothing about my American flight. That gives me 2 1/2 hours. Is that enough time? I will have to go through immigration and customs when I get into CDG and then get over to 2G and then check in and I assume go through security at 2G. I'm quite nervous about making it. Any suggestions. Thank you so much
Yes you are correct for everything. 2.5 hrs will be OK.
Old Oct 8, 2012, 1:17 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Well, I didn't see this posted here, but it seems that at least for some flights the dreaded landside bus to get from 2E/2F to 2G is gone. Arrived from IAD today, followed the signs to 2G. This went down the stairs, through security, then on a bus (ligne jaune), and to 2G where they did the passport control. Then up the stairs and one is in one of the two "fingers" that connect the gates to the central waiting area.

This seemed very new, they were still actively building in the new immigration control room, but a big ^^. This has shaved off 15 minutes or so of the usual treck to 2G.

On the negative side, going the other way (2G->2E) last Wednesday, the bus stop airside at the L gates is now further away from the proper terminal building. But it is a proper bus stop now with largish ground level entrance hall and then an elevator up to the hallway that connects to the terminal hall (it seemed there were no escalators, just elevators).
Old Oct 9, 2012, 2:19 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, TK Miles&Smiles Elite
Originally Posted by cygnus
Well, I didn't see this posted here, but it seems that at least for some flights the dreaded landside bus to get from 2E/2F to 2G is gone. Arrived from IAD today, followed the signs to 2G. This went down the stairs, through security, then on a bus (ligne jaune), and to 2G where they did the passport control. Then up the stairs and one is in one of the two "fingers" that connect the gates to the central waiting area.
Excellent news! ^

One question: you mention going through security in 2E. Does this mean that one can visit the 2E lounge before boarding the bus to 2G (at least in theory, if they allow you in would be another matter)? Or are we talking about a separate security check point specifically for the bus?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.